Maynard Old Tyme Bulldog DofB 09.05.16 Cranleigh

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Maynard Old Tyme Bulldog DofB 09.05.16 Cranleigh

Post by xxlynne » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:15 pm

Current Status: Homed
maynard1DSCF5991.jpg
Maynard's Story: Maynard was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Northern council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Maynard is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Maynard was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
maynard2DSCF6044.jpg
maynard3DSCF5988.jpg
maynard4DSCF6017.jpg
maynard5DSCF6027.jpg
Maynard's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 02.06.19 Hi Lynne,

Asking if you have any spaces. I have lost one dog this week already and don't want to lose anymore.

I have these dogs currently looking- all poundies and all at risk

Maynard: 4 - 5 year old male bulldog. Skull deformity or old injury. Not keen on other animals loves people. Neutered and vacced

Carolynx

Comes into our Rescue on the 9th June 19
Maynard.jpg
Maynard1.jpg

Jude&Alf

Re: Maynard Bulldog DofB 09.05.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jude&Alf » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:24 pm

I couldn't resist going to say hello to Maynard before I left on Friday and oh my goodness what a super, super boy he is love4.gif love4.gif
Maynard has a certain zest for life that cannot be ignored, he absolutely will not let you! As soon as I entered Maynard's kennel I just knew that we were going to get on, he is all about the love ❤️
I sat on his bed and he instantly came in for cuddles, super keen to get as close as he possibly could, at one point his face was so close to mine that we were literally touching noses!!
Maynard has a wonderful feel about him, kind, loving and very playful, all you could wish for really Kiss of love.gif
I would love to spend more time with this amazing boy but more than anything I wish him a forever home love4.gif love4.gif

SarahW

Post by SarahW » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:52 am

I had to walk Maynard on Saturday even though he had already been out. He really is a happy boy who makes friends freely and seems to just love everything. He has a wonky head but has no sensitivity around it. I think he will be incredibly popular with everyone.

He was good on the lead mooching about, no pulling and plenty of sniffing. He has a gorgeous bulldog face.
He would make a great companion. Forgot to take photos as I was having too much fun! Love him! love4.gif love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

anne

Post by anne » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Maynard is wonderful. He is such a happy chappie and is delighted to welcome anyone into his kennel and gleefully accepts fuss and attention. He is quite a chunky boy but easy managed on the lead. He can be busy and enthusiastic with his sniffing and snuffing but is responsive and happy to move on if you ask. Bless him, he just wants to be everyone's friend and be in the hub of things.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
maynard6DSCF5980.jpg
maynard7DSCF5999.jpg
maynard8DSCF6046.jpg
maynard9DSCF6053.jpg

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:45 pm

Oh wow such fabulous photos. Maynard is a very handsome boy indeed and he has the most amazing personality to match love4.gif love4.gif
I absolutely fell in love with Maynard when I met him. He really is just a big puppy, all paws and big old soppy kisses Kiss of love.gif
Can you tell I love ❤️ him and so hope his home comes along super quick

anne

Post by anne » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:49 pm

Maynard is a puppy at heart and so craves human company. He is delighted when it is his turn for a walk and bounces in excitement. Once I had wriggled him into his harness he was keen to get going. After a couple of minutes he was really calm and just ambled along happily. It was a hot, humid day so we headed for the stream where Maynard could have a drink and cool off in the water. He is such a cool, fun dude.
maynardDSCF6287.jpg
maynardDSCF6286.jpg

Jude&Alf

Re: Maynard Old Tyme Bulldog DofB 09.05.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jude&Alf » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:14 pm

Oh how I adore Maynard, he is just so much fun.
He gives the most enthusiastic welcome of any dog that I have ever walked. Maynard just loves human company and knowing that he is going out for a walk is the most exciting thing for him, he does stay calm enough to get his harness on though, such a good boy love4.gif
Once out and away from the noise Maynard really does chill out. We stuck to the nice shady footpaths, lots of undergrowth for Maynard to have a good old snuffle through. Don't make the mistake of bending down to do your shoelaces up, once down on his level Maynard took this as an invitation for some big old slobbery kisses, actually it was rather nice and I think I could get used to big bulldog kisses Kiss of love.gif
Maynard absolutely loved visiting the stream so we hung around for quite a while so he could have a proper cool off, I think he would have stayed there all afternoon if he could have.
On our return to kennels Maynard had a bit of a fan club waiting, he is very popular! Once he had made sure that everyone had made a proper fuss of him he was happy to go back to his kennel.
Maynard is such a lovely boy, he has more love than he knows what to do with.
I wish for the most amazing forever home to come along for this darling boy love4.gif love4.gif

EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:32 pm

To meet Maynard is to fall in love with Maynard and finally I got my turn to walk this wiggle bot. Maynard is just so much fun. He loves everyone and everything. He is good on lead although struggles in the heat due to his breed, he loves the water though which is great for cooling him down. The only thing that’s difficult with this dog is keeping him still long enough to remove any ticks he’s caught! 😂😂😝. If you’re looking for a fun goofball to join your home then. A yard is definitely the boy for you.
Attachments
C9AACABD-6485-4A4C-BC72-32A498A3691B.jpeg
13D153A2-A8D4-499D-8722-D277D2FC867C.jpeg

LeesyLou

Post by LeesyLou » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:54 am

It was my induction as a dog walker this Friday, and the lovely Maynard was the first dog to show me the ropes. What a lovely start. Big, low and powerful in a perfect bulldoggy way, Maynard is full of love and joy. Eager to be off, we had fun chasing through the long grass on the way out, and then a lovely wallow in the stream. He's quite a water baby. A real softy who I'm sure is going to find his loving forever home soon. Sorry no pics this time, will get the hang of taking photos as we go next time!

anne

Post by anne » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:32 pm