Bronson Aylestone Bulldog DofB 05.07.15 Gatwick Kenns

Our remarkable Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing! Find Lurchers, Collies, Spaniels, American Bulldogs, Mastiffs, GSDs, Rotties, Shar Peis, Boxers, Akitas, Huskies, Malamutes and other breeds and crossbreeds here!
xxlynne

Bronson Aylestone Bulldog DofB 05.07.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:10 pm

Current Status: Available
bronson1DSCF5934.jpg
Bronson's Story: Bronson was handed in to Northern council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Bronson has pedigree papers. Bronson is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Bronson is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
bronson2DSCF5898.jpg
bronson3DSCF5970.jpg
bronson4DSCF5936.jpg
bronson5DSCF5967.jpg
bronson6DSCF5960.jpg
Bronson's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 02.06.19 Hi Lynne,

Asking if you have any spaces. I have lost one dog this week already and don't want to lose anymore .

I have these dogs currently looking- all poundies and all at risk. "Male 4 years old. ok other dogs. Was bewildered on arrival as was an owner hand in. "

Carolynx
Bronson.jpg
Bronson1.jpg

anne

Re: Bronson Aylestone Bulldog DofB 05.07.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:27 am

Bronson is bewildered to find himself in rescue. Initially very nervous he would bark a warning at me every time I approached his kennel. However out in the paddock with Jemma yesterday, after his initial bark as I approached the gate, on offering treats he changed to being welcoming and friendly. As soon as I entered the paddock he came over, sniffed me up and down and then leant against me for cuddles. I sat down with him and he nudged my treat bag for more treats. He was then happy to share cuddles and enjoy a back scratch from me. He was delighted when a dog came into the next paddock and he was straight over for some play, running up and down the fence with the other dog. He does like to play, he will bound about chasing a ball but when he reaches the ball he immediately loses interest and is straight back to his admirers for attention. He had the company of Jemma, me and then Jude yesterday and was delighted to be making new friends. He is quite a chunky chap but he thinks he is a lap dog and was keen to try and get comfortable on Jemma's lap at one point.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

bronson7DSCF5885.jpg
bronson8DSCF5951.jpg
bronson9DSCF5963.jpg

anne

Post by anne » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:33 am

Bronson has the most expressiive face. Every photo I took had a different expression. If you adopt this delightful lad he will make you smile every day.
bronson10DSCF5886.jpg
bronson11DSCF5887.jpg
bronson12DSCF5897.jpg
bronsonDSCF5908.jpg
bronson 14DSCF5914.jpg

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:27 pm

Wonderful photos of a wonderful boy.
Bronson is indeed feeling a little bit shocked to find himself here but oh my goodness he is not letting it hold him back. I too experienced a slightly barky Bronson when passing his kennel but in the paddock and out in the open he comes alive and shows his true colours and they are fantastic Kiss of love.gif
Bronson is super keen to make friends and he is an incredibly brave boy, putting aside any worries he may have in favour of sharing all the love he has to give and being a big boy there is an awful lot of love ❤️ to share.
Love Bronson and i'm so happy 😁 we got to make friends yesterday.
I know that this darling boy is going to be very popular with the walkers but I also know that he will not be with us for long so make the most of him love4.gif love4.gif

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:25 pm

Geoff has taken Bronson out twice this week and is quite smitten. He is nervous when you approach his kennel, he wouldn’t accept a treat, but Geoff entered and crouched down and offered another, rejected, treat, but he kept his hand out and Bronson sniffed it and gradually approached and realised Geoff was okay and offering a walk. Leads on and off they went. Bronson is a big softie, really soft, very gentle walk, reasonably slow, lots of sniffing, no pulling, an easy walk. Xxxx Heart fill with love.gif]

SarahW

Post by SarahW » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:05 am

I met Bronson on Monday. He is a wonderful guy. Nervous at first but no edge. He loved mooching about in the paddock!

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:05 pm

I finally got my chance to walk this hunk today and he didn’t disappoint. I had been told that Bronson could be nervous of new people but he didn’t show me anything but an enthusiastic welcome into his kennel but perhaps that’s because I gave him introductory sausage 😀. Bronson was very helpful in getting ready for his walk and popped his front paws up on his door so I didn’t have to bend down to do his harness up, a quick clip of the leads and off we went. Bronson was desperate to go walkies and he was a bit pulley as we exited the kennel but the moment we hit the driveway and he knew we were definitely going he stopped and for the rest of the walk was a true gent walking along nicely checking in with me for bum scratches. I took Bronson down to the stream as i thought he might like a drink. He was unsure at first but it didn’t take long before he was wading in and gently nudging the floating leaves with his nose and then watching them float away 😍. Bronson is just the sweetest boy who really just wants to be around humans and to have a cuddle and it is so said seeing him so unhappy in his kennel, crying for attention. He will make a great addition to a house and I hope his forever humans come along very soon.
Attachments
4946A6AD-9288-4897-9B7A-CA565E204735.jpeg
How brave am I going for a paddle

natdugdale

Post by natdugdale » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:10 pm

Bronson is a lovely pup! He was a little defensive when I first saw him, standing outside his kennel but once I entered his kennel and gave him some scratches, he quickly warmed and was friendly and wagged his tail as I took him out. Bronson is good to walk, thoroughly enjoys exploring and smelling everything, and loooves a bum scratch! He is half-interested in toys when out in the paddock but prefers to sniff around and receive cuddles. Hoping his home won't take long
Volunteer as a walker with us! --> http://www.rescueremedies.co.uk/walking/
Visit our Instagram page for daily photos of our dogs! @rescueremediesdogrescue :)

Weebs

Post by Weebs » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:05 pm

Wednesday 26th June: I had hoped to walk Quinn but the lucky chap is on foster so whilst I was thinking about who else to walk, I felt these big eyes and a sad face looking at me. I looked up and there was Bronson. How could I refuse so off I went to formally meet Bronson. I've said hello to him before and he's happily taken sausages from me. We had fun and games getting his harness on 0002.gif] until Bronson saw Aunty Lynne and decided that he'd better behave! 😉 He is a strong boy but that disappeared as soon as we were on our walk. He is SO good on the lead - no pulling whatsoever. A top top engaging and engaged boy, full of personality, character and love. We passed a gentleman on the bridle path who had kindly stepped to the side to let us go past and Bronson wasn't overly confident as he had a little woof at the man. On returning from our walk, we went to the paddock where he bimbled around, half heartedly playing with the tennis balls/footballs. Whole heartedly though he loved having his back scratched, ears rubbed and generally having human contact and attention. Am sure that as his confidence grows, he will love and be loved by everyone. love4.gif