Alfie GShepherd x DofB March 2017 Farley Green

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Alfie GShepherd x DofB March 2017 Farley Green

Post by xxlynne » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:17 pm

Current Status: Homed
alfie1DSCF5610.jpg
Alfie's Story: Alfie was found abandoned and unclaimed within a North London council pound. Alfie's chip leads us to kennels in Liverpool as a pup; His chip was never registered. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Alfie is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Alfie was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
alfie2DSCF5600.jpg
alfie3DSCF5594.jpg
alfie4DSCF5598.jpg
Alfie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Alfie has been in kennels for sometime and has come to us as kennels have closed.

Alfie arrived on the 2nd June 2019
Alfie (8).JPG
Alfie (6).JPG
Alfie (2).JPG
Alfie (3).JPG

xxlynne

Re: Alfie GShepherd x DofB March 2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:15 pm

Alfie is so easy! Today he led me out of his kennel in great haste and we sped towards the dog mobile and Alfie happily jumping into his crate and travelled very well. At the vet he was as good as gold and received his first vaccination. The only fault I can detect with alfie is he leads out with enthusiasm..however despite his size, and he is large, he is responsive and manageable.

We are now going to start to groom him to lift his winter coat out..watch this space!

anne

Re: Alfie GShepherd x DofB March 2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:53 pm

I had the pleasure of meeting Alfie this morning. He is an enthusiastic, friendly, young lad with the loveliest of natures. Steve took him to the paddock where we changed his harness. He was wriggly and impatient to get out and get going on his walk while Steve and I faffed about adjusting the harness. Alfie posed for his photos and then set off with Steve for a lovely walk.
alfie6DSCF5589.jpg
alfie5DSCF5587.jpg

FranB

Re: Alfie GShepherd x DofB March 2017 Guildford Kenns

Post by FranB » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:31 pm

I spent some time with Alfie today in the paddock, it was almost too hot to go out but he still wanted to chase the ball. He didn’t want to get in the paddling pool but we did play fetching the ball out of the water. We then went for a wander around and sat in the shade under a tree. Alfie has strong moments, he’s a very big dog, but he does listen to you and I think he is quite a bright boy. He was bouncy in the kennel but not particular difficult, just enthusiastic and keen to get going.
616C494A-ED36-4837-93FD-D02B1EE26BA1.jpeg
75873BA4-C33B-4914-9188-6F3FB9EF9269.jpeg

natdugdale

Post by natdugdale » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:12 pm

FranB wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:31 pm
Alfie has strong moments, he’s a very big dog, but he does listen to you and I think he is quite a bright boy. He was bouncy in the kennel but not particular difficult, just enthusiastic and keen to get going.
Fran's description of Alfie is very much on point! Although he's a big lad he doesn't use his strength against you, he's just a young boy full of enthusiasm. Here's a little video from my walk with him the other week love4.gif

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Volunteer as a walker with us! --> http://www.rescueremedies.co.uk/walking/
Visit our Instagram page for weekly photos of our dogs! @rescueremediesdogrescue :)

FranB

Post by FranB » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:31 am

Alfie decided yesterday that he really really likes water and that it was a fantastic game to splash himself and then get scared and shoot backwards and then repeat the whole process. He did get a little bit excited and decided to try playing lead tug of war once he came out of the water, but soon calmed down and went back to walking nicely. We met several other dogs on our walk and my impression is that he would like to play, doesn’t show aggression, and can be easily distracted. However, he does have his strong moments, and I was very pleased I was wearing my canicross harness at times. :dog_running-186.gif:
CB157A96-95B0-488A-867B-1DC4A9315969.jpeg
5E2B2E5B-47BC-4CBB-903F-CF222D7B2138.jpeg
283D8BD7-A71F-4427-8D53-5F8912E4F63A.jpeg
AFFA3D03-E224-4C95-85C6-8DF0C9866DE8.jpeg
A69ECA05-40A9-4AD3-B4A0-DB8294A6E762.jpeg

pits

Post by pits » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:02 pm

I met Alfie for the first time earlier, an extremely friendly boy and very youthful, still being only two years old.
small.jpg

savltd

Post by savltd » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:51 pm

Alfie is a lovely boy to walk although quite lively when first going into his kennel. Obviously has done some training as he sat and offered his paw when told to sit. Took him to the paddock with a tennis ball and had a great game of chase that left us both panting at the end. Walking he was great, had the odd pull when he saw another dog in the distance but up close he was very well behaved and just wanted to say hello. Likewise with people walking, running or cycling past he just looked at them and made no effort to jump or bark at them. We saw a woman swimming in the river and it did take a big pull on my part to stop him joining her so I think he is a bit of a water boy.
Best advice I can give anyone walking him is to give him a run around the paddock first to use up some of his energy.
Apologised for no photos but I couldn’t get any decent ones ☹️

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:23 pm

Alfie has just returned for a week in foster with another dog who was much older than him. He didn't put a paw wrong but his lady friend found his young energy a little too engaging at this stage if their relationship though they spent wonderful walks together. Lovely to welcome the boy back he is such a great dog.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”