Buzz Lurcher DofB 2015 West Norwood London

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Buzz Lurcher DofB 2015 West Norwood London

Post by xxlynne » Fri May 31, 2019 7:43 pm

Current Status: Homed
DSCF5256.jpgbuzz.jpg
Buzz's Story: Buzz was found abandoned and unclaimed within a North London council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Buzz is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Buzz is in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF5032.jpgbuzz.jpg
DSCF5044.jpgbuzz.jpg
DSCF5259.jpgbuzz.jpg
Buzz's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Buzz came from a North London pound...we offered him a Rescue Place

Buzz came into our Rescue on the 30th May 19

Sarahk

Re: Buzz Lurcher DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:18 am

love4.gif Buzz looks very handsome love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:39 am

Buzz travelled beautifully in the car with me from Broxbourne. He wasn't immediately keen to jump into the crate in the rear of the car but with the encouragement of a tennis ball to follow, he was in and settled himself down for the journey. I had a couple of other passengers, one of which was fairly vocal, but Buzz took no notice and I didn't hear a peep from him for the whole trip. At Gatwick he was happy to get out and introduce himself to Jemma and Anna, the kennel staff. He is a gorgeous gentle boy and yet another one that I have fallen for. New homes get in line please, you won't be sorry! love4.gif

Ospevack

Post by Ospevack » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:49 am

I walked with Buzz on saturday, he was excited to see me, very affectionate and walked beautifully. He is a very curious boy, and has super soft fur, he'd make a lovely companion!!

KateM17

Post by KateM17 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:44 pm

I walked Buzz today. When I entered his kennel he was getting some love from Steph. A very friendly boy and was happy to leave and go for a walk. We walked in front and behind Fiona who was walking Quinn at the time. After his initial excitement of getting out, Buzz was a great walking companion. He is super friendly and loves a cuddle. Whilst walking him he paid no attention to Quinn and happily took the lead. The dogs we did pass, he passed well and ignored. He is a great natured dog and was very content to walk in front of and beside me. Loves a sausage or two and was very gentle when taking them. He's a beautiful dog and needs to get into his forever home soon so he can continue to blossom. :smiley-bounce016.gi:

anne

Post by anne » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:38 am

Buzz was heading out for a walk with Beth yesterday and I managed to capture his smile.
DSCF5253.jpgbuzz.jpg

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:34 pm

Lovely looking boy ...cant see any lurcher in there ... Kiss of love.gif

LouiseR

Post by LouiseR » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:10 am

Oh what a stunning boy! Can't wait to meet him Kiss of love.gif

natdugdale

Post by natdugdale » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:05 pm

Met the handsome Buzz today! I honestly thought this boy was a puppy having seen him in photos/from a distance but I'm pretty sure he's closer to being middle aged (he doesn't let it show in his behaviour, though!).
This lovely fluffy lad was so happy to see me with leads in hand and greeted me very nicely. He was sensible on the lead and we went to the Poet's Hut initially for some cuddles which he thoroughly enjoyed. We then moved on to the paddock for some (really impressive) zoomies! Made this little video below of him having a mad run and loving his cuddles :D

Such a sweet, kind boy - hope a nice cosy sofa becomes available for him soon! What a great companion this boy will be!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Volunteer as a walker with us! --> http://www.rescueremedies.co.uk/walking/
Visit our Instagram page for daily photos of our dogs! @rescueremediesdogrescue :)

chloe_stockwell

Post by chloe_stockwell » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:09 pm

rps20190622_215410_opt.jpg
IMG_20190622_144413_508_opt.jpg
Beautiful colouring!
Well, Buzz is certainly a character!

He was so excited to say hello when I first got into his kennel and he was very receptive although I hadn't met him before.

He was a little excitable upon exiting but soon became slack on the leads and walked along perfectly alongside me.

He's very inquisitive and liked to sniff everything he could get his nose on!

I would say that he needs a little training and patience from his new family when it comes to other dogs and other people when out, as he will bark and lift his front legs (but not lunge). He didn't come across as aggressive to me but he certainly wanted to let them know he was there. It may also be a bit of a territorial thing to be protective of his walker. Although his bark isn't an aggressive one, I can see how it might seem a little intimidating to people who dont know him as it's a proper doggy bark!

However, saying that, he was very receptive to me telling him "no!" and to moving him along, so I honestly feel he'll come around and calm down with some training!

He was also oh so cuddly with me when I crouched down to give him some reassurance and he has lovely soft fur, which really shows some beautiful caramel tones in the sunshine!