Buddy German Shep x ?Boxer DofB 19.04.18 Boxhill

Dogs that have found their forever home
StephenB

Re: Buddy German Shep x ?Boxer DofB 19.04.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by StephenB »

bravo1.gif
Lovely stroll with Buddy today.

Ended up surveying the yard after we hit the paddock.
20210214_112901.jpg
Attachments
20210214_111454.jpg
20210214_111429.jpg
20210214_111456.jpg
20210214_111615.jpg
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

:smiley-bounce016.gi:
The Budster and I set forth into the muddy woodland and then into an even muddier paddock. Nothing will deter Buddy from chasing a tennis ball!

He likes to be nearby and will follow me round the paddock for a fuss. After which I follow him around to get the ball back!

As is his will lately, we then head to the picnic table for a lie down. This is Buddy's go to place where he is learning to relax and have a little rub down. Sometimes I think he just wants to lay down and fall asleep without a care in the world. We can help him get there!

A few pics: Bounding and 'Where's me ball gorn?'
20210218_104959.jpg
20210218_104814.jpg
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Buddy's doing great.
20210222_135002.jpg
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

The Buddy boy absolutely loved the new paddock.
He ran up and down with some gusto before he realised that he wanted to play ball.

He likes to lay down during his exercise and the grass was very welcome wheyhey.gif
20210224_154808.jpg
20210224_154818.jpg
Not an important observation but I've just realised how long his tongue is!
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Just a short vid of our late afternoon stroll today. Sun just going down. Birds singing. And Buddy Boy taking it all in. Very enjoyable.
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

:smiley-bounce016.gi:
Buddy enjoyed the sunshine today as we took the woodland path before stretching our legs in the paddock. He was a little overexcited today, as he was yesterday, but it was short lived and we got on with things.

We took our time in between ball throws, settling down for strokes and tried out a little agility training with some of the obstacles in the paddock. He's a clever lad is Buddy so I think I'll persevere for a while and see what happens.

He wasn't much interested in the bridle path walk and as is his way with me began to get restless and a little grabby because he wanted to turn back. I can see this behaviour a bit quicker now, so neither of us get too distressed. We turned back and had a walk through the woods and up the lane, where we turned off into the wood next to the sheep field. Buddy was very interested in the new sights and sounds and stood still taking in all about him. It was good to see him interested and stimulated.

On the way out of the wood he dropped his ball. I decided to walk on without it. We tried this yesterday and he walked nicely until he realised that he'd forgotten it then turned back to fetch it. Today he just carried on back to kennels so I left him to it. It was nice to see him relaxed without the ball and walking calmly. Hopefully he's getting more used to my company and I'm really enjoying his.
20210302_143716.jpg
20210302_142728.jpg
20210302_142705.jpg

StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Been an interesting week with The Buddy Boy. We've been doing a few different routes and have been doing the short woodland walk before we play ball in the paddock. We've been in the 'spooky' wood down the lane and have crossed over the road a few times so that he can see some cars without getting too stressed.

Buddy's been great apart from a few over exuberant pocket tugs and a grab at my sleeve when I picked up a new toy. I found out that his impulse training excludes frisbees'.

We've had a few bridle path walks the long way round and today's walk was nice and easy for both of us. I didn't have the wellies on so had to disappoint when he led me towards the river. We've also been practicing walking without the tennis ball. Buddy often drops the ball to have a sniff and rummage. If he walks off without it I've been going with him. Occasionally we can go a good way without him wanting it, and I see that he has more time just to be the field dog that he is. He seems to enjoy the freedom also. We'll see how that goes.

On the narrow path we were passed quite closely by several people, and on the wider lane by a couple with 4 dogs! Both times, with little stress on the leads, Buddy stood and waited until they passed. He was very impressive
bravo1.gif

Couldnt get many good pictures as each time I stopped, he turned around and came in for strokes. Buddy is very responsive to his name and changes of direction. It's a pleasure to walk with him when he's taking in all the sights and sounds
20210307_144726.jpg
Tongue and ear in unison!
20210307_144638.jpg

Eyeball to eyeball.
20210307_144635.jpg
KinnardE

Post by KinnardE »

Heart fill with love.gif] Lovely to see Buddy is settling with new walkers!. Well done and thank you Steven for putting in the work with him and persevering with our precious Buddy Boy!!.

I hope you continue to grow a beautiful bond and enjoy each others company!.

Well done to all Buddy's walkers!.

Can't wait to get back and give this boy a cuddle as a volunteer (means I have more time) 😍😍.

Can't wait to see his progress! 🤗.

Wooooo 🎉🎉🎉
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Buddy enjoying his relax and watch the world go by, sat on the table with Stephen yesterday :D
EB1C4785-A8A1-406F-A0BF-7F51BEE096A2.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

The Budster and I went for a late afternoon stroll today. After a short walk in the woods and some ball play he led me up the lane to the main road. Buddy is definitely excitable around traffic but I managed him better today than last Friday, when I misunderstood a few cues and got my cuff ragged. Today all went smoothly and we re-entered the wood at the bridle path and took the long way round. Buddy walked well and looked calm and interested in the surroundings.

Over the last week we have been doing pretty much the same routine. Woodland walk, paddock, relaxation picnic table, then up the lane or in the woods. We've also been practicing walking without the ball. If he drops it we walk on. He really enjoys being without it, but then remembers that he wants it! Sometimes he gets over excited without the ball, othertimes not.

Buddy is an affectionate dog who enjoys life much more when he's relaxed. Hopefully we are helping him get there.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”