Henry Mastiff x DofB 06.11.12 - 17th June 22

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
PaulB

Re: Henry Mastiff x DofB 06.11.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by PaulB »

He's a fine looking boy - I'm going to try to walk him if he's around when I'm next there.

I like the way the video cut just as Mickey was having his shorts roughly removed! :biggrin.gif:

Lovely to see him actually play with a soft toy before resorting to its destruction - that would have been Blacka's starting point!
Stevesmj

Post by Stevesmj »

:smiley-bounce016.gi:
Henry's few days R&R have come to an end and it's been a pleasure to have him around.

He sleeps in the front room but jumps on the bed in the morning when he hears me stirring.
He is definitely becoming more relaxed.
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

It was a warm day today and where is best for Henry .... in the paddling pool love4.gif
Henry.jpg
Stevesmj

Post by Stevesmj »

Henry's been over for a few days and I must say he been very calm and relaxed now he knows the place. He's got used to the van and is very good around the place. He rests a lot of the time but plods in and out to the garden as he pleases.

Walking down busy roads is not his first choice but he's always happy to jump in the van and go up the park.

He does get excited when we have visitors and takes a little while to calm down but it's all in good spirit as he is a people friendly dog.

He likes to go out on a few short walks during the day and one longer one at night.

We've been getting used to each other and I see his personality starting to emerge. He's a lovely boy with a reserved but kind nature. There's no doubt that he would make a great family member to those who would give him space and care.
MaddieH

Post by MaddieH »

Henry is so sweet and gentle...his handsome looks are just a bonus! So glad he had a few days in foster and I look forward to the day he finds the forever family he deserves! k2727.gif
Stevesmj

Post by Stevesmj »

The Henry has landed.
20200925_135148.jpg
Had a good journey home. He gets a little restless when he recognises where we are and is always happy to get home.
A few walks a day and a little playtime in the garden seems to sort him out. He likes to rest a lot but will always be up for a short walk down the road.

Henry is very good with people and has a lovely nature. He continues to open his personality to me and apart from a little mouthing issue when playing he is a very fine dog to have around.

A short vid of us in the garden after a walk. Henry does like a little one 2 one time during the day.
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

So lovely to see this gorgeous boy having some home comforts
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

What a great boy Henry is. Thanks for the brilliant updates steve x
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Good luck gorgeous boy .
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Had The Henry over for a few days. Very good in the van now. It's a 40 min journey and a soon as we hit the speed humps near the ranch he knows where he is and starts to get excited.

We don't do very much as its Henry's rest time away from kennels and a time to allow him to get used to being around a house. He does very well considering he's not really known a home of his own.

He's low maintenance and just needs a few spins out per day to keep him happy. He is now familiar with the park and enjoys being there as part of the
daily routine.

He's very good indoors but does have an occasional 10 minutes where he is boisterous and wants to play. A deep growl might seem intimidating but he is only voicing that he wants to play, eat or needs attention. Occasionally he will start ragging something (usually his bed).

This behaviour is not threatening at all. I usually take him outside, just leave him alone or stroke his back legs and chest. He calms down quickly and I hear nothing else from him. Most of the time he is either resting or mooching around the garden.

He is affectionate but not a lap dog and does not like over fussing. He likes his space but is very good with people.

A short vid of us in the park. As Henry approached the football pitch he took a dive in true soccer woos fashion, rolling around in a premier league style! Boys got a sense of humor roflmao.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”