Enzo German Wirehaired Pointer x DofB 2008 Whitstable Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Enzo German Wirehaired Pointer x DofB 2008 Whitstable Kent

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF5203.jpgenzo.jpg
Enzo's Story: Enzo's owner lost his home so both found themselves homeless. With nowhere for Enzo, his owner went and spend the day in a vet who tried to find Enzo an emergency rescue place. We were the only Rescue who helped, with one of our volunteers transporting Envo into safety.. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Enzo is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Enzo was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF5233.jpgenzo.jpg
DSCF5207.jpgenzo.jpg
DSCF5214.jpgenzo.jpg
DSCF5222.jpgenzo.jpg
Enzo's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Urgent call Enzo needing help today!
MrsP

Re: Enzo Mastiff DofB 2008 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP »

Enzo is completely stunned to find himself in kennels, it's not an environment he is used to and he's a bit scared by the whole experience. Once I'd convinced him I was alright and we'd have a lovely time together we had a gentle plod around the island in the sunshine. I adore older dogs so an hour with Enzo was quite the treat. He's big but gentle, doesn't want to be bothered by other dogs, likes a slow potter and appreciates a bit of encouragement and reassurance.
surveying his surroundings
surveying his surroundings
having a stroll
having a stroll
taking a break
taking a break
having a scritch
having a scritch
THE MOST HANDSOME HANGDAWG EXPRESSION
THE MOST HANDSOME HANGDAWG EXPRESSION
I'm obsessed with that face love4.gif He's a special gent x
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

Darling Enzo.
Kennels are indeed a big shock for this gentle old soul but he is trying to make sense of it with our help.

Our first walk together today and slowly did it.
It took a wee while for Enzo to realise that I really wanted to be his friend but boy, what an honour when he came round to wanting to be close to me.
I am used to big but gentle dogs and they really are very special to hang out with.
As well as a plod in the sunshine I also took Enzo to the paddock for a pootle and that’s exactly what it was.
He had no interest in playing with a ball but we just sat together in the sunshine.
He made little puppy whimpers and wagged his tail like mad at his kennel mates when they got close by.

A majestic soul who so deserves a comfy sofa to lounge on at his time of life.
anne

Post by anne »

What a privilege to meet Enzo yesterday. He is such a gentle boy, a bit sad and confused to find himself in kennels but ready to make new friends. Claire and I enjoyed a walk around the woods with him, Enzo plodding along taking his time to have a sniff around and get his bearings.
DSCF5185.jpgenzo.jpg
DSCF5220.jpgenzo.jpg
DSCF5211.jpgenzo.jpg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Lucky me had the gorgeous Enzo on my walking list today. It was the first time I’d met him and he was a little reserved when I entered his kennel but a couple of bits of sausage soon sorted our introduction. Enzo is very confused as to why he’s ended up in the scary place and every time a dog barked he jumped bless him. Enzo is the most darling gentle boy. He walks very well on lead and just like to slowly plod along taking in the sites and smells. There is still plenty of life in the old boy yet though and he went for a lovely long walk today albeit at a slightly slower pace.
I’m a good boy and sit nicely for treats
I’m a good boy and sit nicely for treats
Look how handsome I am
Look how handsome I am
I really cannot sing Enzo’s praises enough he is just belissima and at his age he really doesn’t deserve to be in kennels. Hopefully his new special human will come very soon and offer this beautiful gent the retirement sofa he deserves.
anne

Re: Enzo German Wirehaired Pointer x DofB 2008 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Enzo went for a walk with Louise this morning, accompanied by myself and Frankie(dog) Enzo was totally chilled out about Frankie joining his walk, even when Frankie wanted to sniff his bum. He just plodded along at his own pace, leaving Frankie to do his own thing.
DSCF5495.jpgenzo.jpg
Stu

Post by Stu »

I took Enzo to do a fundraising session at Pets at Home and he was a real star. We had our table set up near the entrance and checkout which had a constant stream of members of the public and their animals passing in close proximity. Enzo coped brilliantly with meeting dogs of all sizes including lots of puppies who just wanted to play and also lots of children who wanted to pat him. He was a great ambassador for our rescue and he did us proud.
anne

Post by anne »

Enzo enjoyed sharing his walk with Buster this morning.
enzobuster1DSCF5746.jpg
enzobuster2DSCF5743.jpg
ninawallace

Re: Enzo German Wirehaired Pointer x DofB 2008 Copthorne Day Out

Post by ninawallace »

0F616E1A-91CD-46EB-8F34-07B602407A07.jpeg
Enzo came home with me today for a break from kennels. He was an absolute gentleman, great in the car, great in the house and fun in the garden. He’s obviously been a loved boy as he melts into you as you stroke him, his big soft ears love being tickled. He enjoyed a special breakfast and then we sat in the sun in the garden. It took a while but he eventually loved a game of ball and loved chasing me for a treat which I found hilarious as he is a big boy to be lolloping about 😂 . I asked him not to follow me upstairs as he was a bit muddy and he happily sat and waited for me - he is a star in the home. We went for a long walk and he trotted next to me no problem.
Can’t fault this big boy he needs a big sofa and someone to play chase with 👍🏻🤣
ninawallace

Re: Enzo German Wirehaired Pointer x DofB 2008 Copthorne Day Out

Post by ninawallace »

Very happy chilling in the garden but insisted on a towel to sit on 😊😊😊
C4065546-2754-4CFC-A47F-D6DD63FEDECB.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”