Hector (Trevor) Mastiff x DofB 2012 Norwich

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Hector (Trevor) Mastiff x DofB 2012 Norwich

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF4223.jpgtrevor.jpg
Trevor's Story: Trevor was found abandoned and unclaimed within a East London council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Trevor is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Trevor is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF4219.jpgtrevor.jpg
DSCF4238.jpgtrevor.jpg
DSCF4228.jpgtrevor.jpg
Trevor's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
anne

Re: Trevor Mastiff x DofB 2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Trevor is a lovely, friendly lad, although a little nervous and worried at finding himself in rescue. I met, photographed him and walked with him last week. He was very quiet and just plodded along beside me. Given time and love I am sure we will see his lovely smile and happy waggy tail soon. It will be lovely to see his character emerge as he settles and gains his confidence.
DSCF4236.jpgtrevor.jpg
KatieDiane_x

Post by KatieDiane_x »

Handsome Trevor - 19/05/19
I am a bit behind on posting about this lovely boy and we have spent a fair bit of time together so I decided I would do two posts separately.
After careful consideration on who to take with me and my family to Paws in the park last weekend, me and Lynn decided that Trevor could do with the day out :) Sunday morning I arrived at the kennels and Trevor was more than happy to come straight out with me and hop into my car boot.. although it was only a few meters down the road in which he decided he'd much rather be upfront with me (how could I say no to his sweet face) All clipped in and ready to go, I asked him to sit (thinking I may have trouble with that lol) much to my surprise he just curled himself up into a ball, ready for the drive we had ahead and traveled like a complete angel the whole way there! When we arrived at Paws in the park I was unsure how Trevor would react to the busy environment, crowds and countless amounts of dogs walking around but he took it all in his stride! He kept close to me, super easy on the lead, looking up every now and again for reassurance and commands. Someones spent time teaching this young lad. Trevor took no notice to dogs walking past at all but being our first trip out together and to help his nerves, I made sure he also had his own space. He got lots of strokes and attention from people whilst we were there, which he loved and even got a free sausage! I left it on the table to cool down and he made no attempt to get at it, just sat paitentely waiting <3 After we left I just wasn't ready to take him home so decided to take him back to my grandparents nice big garden for a run around with some tennis balls.. well, his personality really came out! bouncing around like a happy puppy, it was so lovely to see. He takes all treats ever so gently and knows the command to give paw.. it really makes you question why a dog like him is in kennels as I could not (and still can't) fault him.
IMG_5246_opt.jpg
IMG_9133_opt.jpg
IMG_5229_opt.jpg
IMG_5218_opt.jpg
KatieDiane_x

Post by KatieDiane_x »

After thinking about him all week, I jumped at the chance to take Trevor out again this weekend. (Two days in a row infact :D )
On Friday we took a trip down to the RR fundraiser at Pets at home Rehill to visit the girls and Treacle the very pretty Lurcher love4.gif
Trevor was calm as ever, lapping up the attention from everyone who wanted to say hello! and after speaking to a few people we took a walk around the store where I may of let Trevor pick out his own toy and treat for being such a good boy (the toy lasted less than 24 hours but he is so worth it!) :D A nice big walk before We then went home for a shower to freshen up. Trev just stood there, shampooed, looking like a dog cloud, good as gold! can he get any better ?! the garden zoomies afterwards made me love him even more! Such a crazy, happy pup! woo.gif]
On Saturdays I walk at RR and having all the dogs out by lunchtime I gravitated towards spending more time getting Trevor out of his nervous kennel shell! :smiley-chores002.gif:
We spent some time back in my grandparents garden :)
playing ball, sunbathing and sleeping (with lots of treats and cuddles in between)
That afternoon i introduced Trevor to my husky girl on a nice stroll together as she's very good with giving nervous dogs space. He seemed calm in her presence and funnily happy that she was completely ignoring him. He trotted along next to me on a short lead, behind her on her out on her extension and just let her lead the way. Back at home she did try to test the water and gave a little play bow to which Trevor wasn't to sure about (he showed no aggression) and instead curled up close into me for reassurance cuddles instead <3
Baby steps and I think we will get there with this handsome guy! :crossfingers.gif:
IMG_5322_opt.jpg
C280CFBB-F2B8-495F-90B6-D67FFF0EF0EF_opt.jpg
IMG_5338_opt.jpg
IMG_5329_opt.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I had my first walk with Trevor today and can only agree with all that has been said about him, he really is rather wonderful.
Lovely, warm welcome in his kennel and seemed happy to get going.
Trevor walks like a dream, he takes confidence from his walker and in a short space of time he absolutely puts his trust in you, I think maybe my treats helped! Trevor likes a treat!
Really enjoyed our walk but if you want to see Trevor enjoy himself then take him to the stream, he had such fun, so much so he did not want to leave and when I finally persuaded him to walk on he tried to drag me back down again at every opportunity!
Trevor is a lovely, lovely boy love4.gif love4.gif
xxlynne

Re: Hector (Trevor) Mastiff x DofB 2012 Norwich

Post by xxlynne »

Tammy, James and Charles travelled early this morning to join Hector (Trevor) and Katie for a walk in the park! They all arrived back at the kennels in love and Hector very very happy!

Our thanks to the dog warden who went out of their way to make sure Hector was safe and all our volunteers especially Katie for going the extra mile for Hector and teaching him how to smile again!
Prep for the Homing Picture!
Prep for the Homing Picture!
KatieDiane_x

Post by KatieDiane_x »

It is with absolute pleasure to see Hector homed today! I met James, Tammy and Son Charlie for a walk around Earlswood lake this morning and it was clear from the start that Hector was more than comfortable with this lovely family. Having recently lost their beloved dog, they felt they had a missing part to their lives that needed filling. I don’t think a better match could of been made ☺️ We are so thankful they chose to make the long drive to meet this stunning Lad! After a few happy tears from me and Tammy (okay, mostly me🙄😂) Hector jumped happily into their car, leaving kennel life far behind. He is going to have an amazing life and is currently fast asleep on Charlie’s lap on his way to his new forever home! Have a beautiful life together all of you! 💕 🐾
IMG_5475_opt.jpg
Panther6500

Post by Panther6500 »

Hi Katie, Luisa and Lynne. We are so happy to have Trevor, perfect match. He is quite unbelievable. Having woken up at 0745 after an undisturbed night he padded around the house checking where everyone was. He went for a walk in some local woods and as expected was totally happy and well behaved on his lead. It’s a hot day in Norwich but once home Trevor wanted more. He brought his Kong to us and after the game of tug we threw the Kong for him to retrieve. This continued for some time between rests in the shade. He’s settling in well for sure!
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Such a beautiful boy , he sounds as though he is truly at home ,wonderful news
Panther6500

Post by Panther6500 »

Hi Katie, Lynne and Luisa, just a quick note to let you know how I’m getting on in my new home. It’s a week today since I met Tammy, James and Charlie at the park with Katie but it seems a lot longer. I’ve settled in really well and love my new home in Norfolk. My bed is on the settee with a fleece blanket and I have an outside bed too. I get up about 0700 when I hear the kettle go on and sneak through to Tammy & James’s bedroom where I’m allowed to jump on their bed and finish sleeping ( I think that’s because I’ve been a good boy!).
Later on we go for a walk. I’ll happily walk with all the family members and especially like going to the woods. I saw a squirrel 🐿 there yesterday- I found that very interesting!!
Sometimes when they all go out I’m left in charge of the house and stay on my bed. I don’t mind at all but I get really excited when they come home and wag my tail really hard. I think they like me warning them if someone comes to the door with a couple of my deepest barks. It’s a good job I do as James would have missed the delivery of my food!
I have met a couple of James and Tammy’s friend already and they seemed very nice and they liked me a lot!! I’ve also met a few other dogs which were interested in me, I said hello and got on with them just fine.
You have found me a great home and I’m having a few adventures. I went to the beach today, I can’t remember going to the beach before. I messed about trying to bite the waves but the water made me cough and sneeze, it was great fun though and I felt like I had loads of energy!
I will let you all know how I’m getting on with my new family from time to time; must go now my dinner is ready.
Hector

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”