Mayli Crossbreed DofB ?2014 Gossops Green

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Mayli Crossbreed DofB ?2014 Gossops Green

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF4541.jpgmayli.jpg
Mayli's Story: Mayli was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Mayli is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Mayli is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF4543.jpgmayli.jpg
DSCF4537.jpgmayli.jpg
Mayli's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 4th May: Mayli is looking for a Rescue place with her litter sister.

Mayli comes soon
Mayli.jpg
anne

Re: Mayli Crossbreed DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Mayli is a little sweetheart. She was very nervous when I entered her kennel, but when I sat down she wandered over to say hello. I sat with her for a bit as she was wary of me and what my intensions were. I offered her some treats which went down well. Another few minutes of getting to know each other, with calm, gentle movements, the leads were attached and we were ready to go. Once out she was much happier although still nervous, she took everything slowly, walking with a loose lead and spending plenty of time sniffing and checking out her surroundings. No worries as it was a lovely sunny day and I was in no hurry either. We had a lovely stroll around the woods, had a nosey at what was happening in the paddock, taking everything at Mayli's pace and by the end of the walk she accepted some stokes and fuss from me. Mayli is a quiet, sweet girl who needs to build her confidence and then we will see her shine.
making friends with Laura
making friends with Laura
DSCF4531.jpgmayli.jpg
DSCF4554.jpgmayli.jpg
anne

Re: Mayli Crossbreed DofB ?2014 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

I had a lovely walk with Mayli this morning. Already she was much more confident than when I met her last week and she was happy to see me and ready for a walk. Mayli likes to walk slowly and take her time thoroughly investigating her surroundings. She is so sweet and undemanding. We stopped to sit and have a chat and share some treats which she took so gently.
DSCF4661.jpgmayli.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Another lovely relaxed walk with Mayli yesterday. She is such a quiet, calm, gentle soul. Again we stopped for cuddles and treats and I saw her smile. This is the best bit of our walks. love4.gif
DSCF4928.jpgmayli.jpg
chloe_stockwell

Post by chloe_stockwell »

Aww Mayli is a very sweet little thing! She's very calm and laid back, the leads were so slack I had to check a couple of times that she was still attached! She's very submissive and walked behind me the whole time, but was very happy to take treats for some reassurance.

She perked up a lot when she saw another dog which we unfortunately couldn't go over to meet, so I think she might benefit from having a furry friend to live with, or at least some social walks :) She's very lovely!
20190601_110252_opt.jpg
Jesshhh

Post by Jesshhh »

I took Mayli to our Pets at Home fundraiser this after. What a pleasure! She came over and said hello as soon as I got into her kennel and we spent a little while having some strokes and some treats, then off to the car. Although hesitant at first to get in, I sat in the back with her while she settled. Perfect car passenger and lay in the back the whole way.
It was busy in store but she seemed comfortable. Loves saying hello to everyone who approached. She hid under the chair when some of the larger dogs wanted to say hello and looked for reassurance but showed no signs of aggression at all. She was great with the kids that came to the stall as she is so gentle.
I would love to see Mayli in a home as I think she would really come out of her shell. She is a wonderful dog love4.gif
Martine wsstle

Post by Martine wsstle »

Walk the very lovely Mayli today what great little lady a little unsure when i first went in but i sat on the floor and let her come to me once we had overcome a few nerve she harnessed well no reaction to the other dogs as we passed and happy to be out very very relaxed walk Mayli walks next to you and you dont even know shes on the lead a little hesitant of any thing coming at her quickly a couple of runner appeared but with reassurance she was fine.
I must admit i did fall for her as she has the loveliest temperament and such lovely eyes and expressions bewitched by her spell
Im not sure what mayli has in her i thought maybe a bit of lab the way shes is carries herself and the rest not sure but she a great dog she will make im sure a great companion as shes the sort of dog you would want to take everywhere with you lets hope that human comes soon :dog-115.gif:
xxlynne

Re: Mayli Crossbreed DofB ?2014 Sutton Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Natasha and Jenni bought little Scruff back to us today to see if he could choose a canine partner to foster. They all went home very happy and very wet

Nicky will share all
nhelyer

Re: Mayli Crossbreed DofB ?2014 Sutton Foster

Post by nhelyer »

Natasha, Jenni and gorgeous little ex RR Scruff came to meet special girl Mayli today. Scruff and Mayli settled and happy together in no time at all, and shy Mayli quickly confident and relaxed with Natasha and Jenni and were soon squelching off home together after a very soggy walk!

So lovely to see little Scruff again, looking magnificent. Thank you so much to Natasha and Jenni.
Jennim

Re: Mayli Crossbreed DofB ?2014 Sutton

Post by Jennim »

These 2 are absolutely pooped from all of the excitement of the day! Thank you so much to you all ! k2727.gif
IMG-20190612-WA0030.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”