Bruno Rottie x AmB DofB 06.10.12 Copthorne

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Bruno Rottie x AmB DofB 06.10.12 Copthorne

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF4483.jpgbruno.jpg
Bruno's Story: Bruno was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Bruno is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Bruno was in boarding kennels near Garwick and then in foster as an only pet whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF4447.jpgbruno.jpg
DSCF4445.jpgbruno.jpg
DSCF4454.jpgbruno.jpg
DSCF4437.jpgbruno.jpg
DSCF4451.jpgbruno.jpg
Bruno's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Bruno has been waiting since January for a Rescue place we have asked to help him

"Bruno, Rottie x, strong boy and super friendly. Knows all basic commands."
Bruno.jpg
anne

Re: Bruno Rottie x AmB DofB 06.10.12 Guildford Kenns

Post by anne »

What a delightful, handsome friendly boy. Emma was heading out with Bruno for a walk this morning so I waylaid them for a photoshoot. Bruno does look smaller than he actually is, in the photos but despite his size, he is a bit of a softy so obviously Rottie in his nature.
DSCF4450.jpgbruno.jpg
DSCF4443.jpgbruno.jpg
EmmaNicole

Re: Bruno Rottie x AmB DofB 06.10.12 Guildford Kenns

Post by EmmaNicole »

So I was the lucky lady who got to take this big softie for his walk today. Bruno is a relatively large boy but definitely a gentle giant. On entering his kennel he was very excited for some attention but a quick sit command and he was sat being as good as gold whilst I clipped on his leads and off we went. He was very happy to be out and paid no attention to another dog barking at him. After our photo shoot with Anne we went for a lovely walk through the woods where Bruno showed me even more what a lovely good boy he was. We had no pulling, no wanting to chase birds, no bother re. Spotting other dogs. What we did have were nice slack leads, lots of sniffing and a bit on peeing thumbs.gif. Whilst Bruno doesn’t look like a typical rott his temperament clearly showed he was a typical affable male rottie. So I think it’s fair to say I might just be a little bit in love 😍😍
EmmaNicole

Re: Bruno Rottie x AmB DofB 06.10.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by EmmaNicole »

A9E78489-AE96-4F8E-B18F-5ACDC365628C.jpeg
So I got to take Bruno out again today and again what a good boy he was. Bruno is not a small dog so obviously if he wanted to be he could be a strong lad but this is not Bruno’s way. Despite only recently finding himself in kennels he is good boy when I go into his kennel and once told to wait stands still and let’s you quickly get him ready for his walk. Once out Bruno is a busy boy and loves to sniff everything, he also likes to pee on a lot of things too 😂. Bruno doesn’t pull and is very responsive on his walk, waiting when asked and sitting nicely for his treats. He tries to give paw too but likes to do both at once and often falls over which is so cute 😍. We met several dogs on our walk today and although he was excited to see them and tried to pull towards them I think he just wanted to say hello as he was excited to see potential new friends, there was no barking etc and once asked he carried on nicely in his walk. I cannot sing this boy’s praises enough, despite all the changes in his life recently ending up in kennels etc. He is just a lovely boy and hopefully will quickly find his forever home.
stuartportlock

Post by stuartportlock »

Bruno was first on my list and i must say was not a morning person.

By ten am he was perfect, if he is a rottie hes crossed with a Labrador, all the traits, hunter, defender, sniffer, likes a cuddle as well but LOVES sniffing and exploring. Hes very gentle and not a bad bone is body.

The first impressions were not my last ones, hell make a great boy and companion for someone.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff walked Bruno today. Met him for the first time and was greeted by a large dog with a deep bark. Heavens he thought ( or words to that effect!) possibly a bit scary. He entered the kennel warily, and found a total teddy bear. Big, soft and gentle. Lovely walk, no pulling, lots of stopping and sniffing, a pleasure to walk. Geoff really enjoyed it and is now a committed Bruno fan ! :smiley-chores002.gif:
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I got to meet the delightful Bruno on Saturday after his walk with Emma. This is one smashing boy. A gentle, happy, friendly giant. I had lovely cuddles with him whilst taking pictures. love4.gif
2019-05-18 11.58.29 (edited-Pixlr).jpg
2019-05-18 11.58.33 (edited-Pixlr).jpg
2019-05-18 11.58.35 (edited-Pixlr).jpg
2019-05-18 11.58.39 (edited-Pixlr).jpg
2019-05-18 11.58.41 (edited-Pixlr).jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff walked Bruno yesterday, insisted he was first on his list because he is a committed Bruno fan having met him last week. Bruno is easy to walk. Ignore his size, he’s just a poppet. He didn’t react to other dogs, didn’t pull, a gentle giant. He is lovely xxx Kiss of love.gif
Shay_1

Post by Shay_1 »

IMG-3291_opt.jpg
What a pleasure to meet you BRUNO!!!

First time being with him and a BIG GENTLE GIANT is what I would describe you as you bundle of joy! even if you bulldoze into me with numerous of toys your so happy to be with hooman!! woo.gif]
Your a lovely boy and right at the end you trusted me enough to have tummy rubs.. and a cheeky spot of sunbathing :) Heart fill with love.gif]

You love toys, treats, bruno doesnt pull and is good at passing other dogs will stare at the dog then look to hooman to know that its ok. You have a lovely temperament, he can sit, do paw and will wait and is good at putting his harness on!!
Well done Bruno, look forward to seeing you soon Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif] bravo1.gif
FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely walk with Bruno today. He was a pleasure to take out and didn’t pull at all. He would only go for a paddle where he could see exactly how deep it was and he was funny testing this out with his left paw. We came back and had some time in the paddock and he enjoyed being brushed and having an amble about. He’s pretty keen on treats and once he sniffs them out, can be quite determined, but not at all aggressive, just a bit like a Labrador with a very good sense of smell.
6D5C8393-22CF-402C-AE0A-094B645D30B9.jpeg
1933C68E-D075-4F00-9289-672254358A39.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”