Trevor Amb DofB 2014 - 13th Jan 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Trevor Amb DofB 2014 - 13th Jan 2022

Post by xxlynne »

DSCF2395.jpgtrevor.jpg
It is with deep regret that Trevor went to rainbow bridge last week he fought a good fight but it was time for him to fly high R.I.P my beautiful boy XXX Scott ❤️❤️
high-angle-view-of-blue-forget-me-not-flowers-royalty-free-image-675623415-1553101854.jpg

Trevor's Thread below:
Trevor's Story: Trevor was taken in by his previous family at the age of 1. He has lived happily in the family up until one of the children threw a toy and they ran to pick it up again at the same time as Trevor ran for it and he accidentally bit the child. The school insisted he was rehomed and the grandparents have looked after him until a Rescue came up who would understand and take him. Trevor is good with dogs but not for cats. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Trevor is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Trevor was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF2397.jpgtrevor.jpg
DSCF2400.jpgtrevor.jpg
DSCF2401.jpgtrevor.jpg
Trevor's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were asked to help Trevor as he was on the brink of being put to sleep as no Rescue would help him.

Trevor came into our Rescue on the 16th March 2019
SarahW

Re: Trevor Amb DofB 2014 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

I went into Trevor's kennels just after he was dropped of yesterday to say hello and take him for a walk. Once in he was happy to have leads clipped on and head out.

He walks lovely on the lead, no pulling just mooching along. He saw other dogs on our walk and just looked up with interest and curiosity and then kept on walking.

After our walk we hung out in the car park a bit and he seemed to enjoy watching all the comings and goings. He then lent into me for cuddles and that was it we were friends. He enjoyed strokes and fuss.

I am always respectful on meeting Am Bulls for the first time and let them tell me when they want fuss, especially when they have first come in. So it was lovely to be welcomed into his kennel and given the ok to give him cuddles and strokes.

I am sure this big boy will be very popular with our walkers. Despite his size he is well mannered and very relaxed.
t1.jpg
t2.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Looking forward to meeting you next week Trevor!
Jokav

Post by Jokav »

Sarah he is gorgeous- looking forward to meeting him tomorrow 😍
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Trevor is indeed gorgeous!!! Couldn’t resist stopping to say hello as he passed by with Stuart. He was very friendly, no objection to me giving him a cuddle and and some fuss - he lapped it it, loving all the attention. He has those squidgy, squishy chops that I love - in fact I loved everything about him!!!
C8C2C07B-2245-4A18-A021-9E84B398C3A2.jpeg
6B5A4CE9-E6A1-48F6-BFC5-86F10F38862F.jpeg
A5E2483A-96D9-4848-811F-540C68CE6363.jpeg
anne

Post by anne »

Dear Trevor made us laugh today while he was having his photoshoot. He had just come back from his walk and was a bit tired. After a few photos he decided he needed to lie down, then roll around upside down. When he got up he had turned from a lovely white to a muddy brown colour all over his back. 0002.gif]
DSCF2404.jpgtrevor.jpg
DSCF2407.jpgtrevor.jpg
DSCF2409.jpgtrevor.jpg
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

0002.gif] 0002.gif] 0002.gif] 0002.gif] 0002.gif] oh Trevor - that wasn't very clever was it! 0002.gif] 0002.gif]
stuartportlock

Post by stuartportlock »

I took King Trev out on Sunday, what a boy!!

He's a big guy but very placid and gentle, I wish he could talk.

He has a very cheeky grin when he wants a treat and watches you over his shoulder. He's such a nice gentle boy but a big old sausage.

Trev, I'm away this week but can walk you the week after, hoping you will be homed by then though.
April111

Post by April111 »

I took Trevor out for a short walk before I left on Monday evening. The light was going but Trevor was happy for me to get him out of bed for a stroll, which I thought he’d benefit from as he does need to lose some weight. Trevor is a very large dog but soooo gentle and was great on the lead, he had a good pace as we went up the lane and considering his weight and size his legs seemed very strong. I was actually surprised by how gentle he was and hope to encourage many people to walk him and help him get the exercise he needs. It breaks my heart that he can’t have treats but he was very happy to have a cuddle whilst out.
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Trevor looks adorable!!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”