Miss Darcy Shar Pei x DofB 2016 Guildford Kenns

Our remarkable Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing! Find Lurchers, Collies, Spaniels, American Bulldogs, Mastiffs, GSDs, Rotties, Shar Peis, Boxers, Akitas, Huskies, Malamutes and other breeds and crossbreeds here!
xxlynne

Miss Darcy Shar Pei x DofB 2016 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:33 am

Current Status: Available
DSCF1488.jpgmissdarcy.jpg
Miss Darcy's Story: Miss Darcy was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a London council pound. She was taken in to share a home with a Staffie bitch; they lived together very well initially, but then they fell out, so Darcy had to go into kennels to await a rescue place. Rescue Remedies stepped forwards for her. Darcy needs a home that will offer her stability. Darcy is not for cats or small furries. Miss Darcy is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Miss Darcy is in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF1472.jpgmissdarcy.jpg
DSCF1496.jpgmissdarcy.jpg
DSCF1494.jpgmissdarcy.jpg
DSCF1486.jpgmissdarcy.jpg
Miss Darcey's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
2.2.19: Please can you offer Miss Darcey a Rescue Place. If you let me know when I could get her to you as I feel so sorry for this girl as she has been through far too many homes in her young life already. I have attached photos of her in previous home. As you can see she is not outwardly dog aggressive but can’t share well, so can’t live with another dog. She was not great with the cats either, but again not a ‘cat killer’.
Thanks as always for your help Vicky x
MissDarcy1.jpg
MissDarcy2.jpg
MissDarcy4.jpg
MissDarcy3.jpg
MissDarcy5.jpg

SarahW

Re: Miss Darcy Shar Pei x DofB 2016 South East London coming this week

Post by SarahW » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:45 am

Welcome Miss Darcy, many Shar Pei fans at RR who will be looking forward to meeting you. Heart fill with love.gif]
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

anne

Re: Miss Darcy Shar Pei x DofB 2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:03 pm

Miss Darcy is a little sweetie. She was a little nervous this afternoon having so recently arrived with us, but she was friendly and gentle. She walks beautifully on the lead, no pulling, just ambling, taking her time to have a good sniff around. She was very responsive and connected and when I stopped and sat down she leaned in for cuddles.
DSCF1490.jpgmissdarcy.jpg
DSCF1464.jpgmissdarcy.jpg
DSCF1478.jpgmissdarcy.jpg
DSCF1476.jpgmissdarcy.jpg

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:38 pm

I met the lovely Miss Darcy today, such a sweetheart. Super easy to harness and off we went, this lovely girl walks like a dream, not a fan of the mud so we avoided. Miss darcy is a lady and does not like to do her business in public so it can take a while to find the perfect spot, we ended up going deep in the undergrowth! Not a problem though just look out for brambles! This beauty reminds me of a teddy bear, she has the most gorgeous face and when she looks at you prepare to melt.
Such a joy to be out and about with this lovely girl and hoping to walk again soon, I have to say though I think Miss Darcys forever home is not too far away.

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:12 pm

I met Miss Darcy for the first time this afternoon, she wasn't as nervous as I initially thought she might be. She waited so patiently whilst I adjusted her harness giving me the occasional lick whilst I was fiddling around trying to get the harness to fit properly. She is very easy to walk and seems to be such a gentle soul. When we got back to the kennels she sat waiting patiently for her sausage treats. I am sure this gorgeous girl will not remain in kennels for long. love4.gif

Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:34 pm

I met Miss Darcy for the first time today. What a beautiful gentle girl, she was very patient while I put on her harness. I walked her with Collette through the woods, she is not keen on the mud! She takes treats so gently, and walks by your side with no reaction to other dogs, she is perfect. She is so pretty, get your homing forms in, she will not be at the kennels for long angel13.gif]