Cooper Rottie x Mastiff DofB 01.07.13 Fairford Gloucestershire

Dogs that have found their forever home
Natski212

Re: Cooper Mastiff x DofB 01.07.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by Natski212 »

:icon_barking_dog-116.gif: What a gorgeous boy! It was our first walk together today and I'm in love! We had a walk along the canal and cooper was fantastic with all the people who passed but unsure of other dogs. For such A big boy he is so gentle with treats and gives paw when asked. Hope to see you again soon pup
Rosiemae173

Post by Rosiemae173 »

32401A47-52FB-4343-BD2D-43692F4309C4.jpg
COOPER!

I walked this lovely lad the other day and finally learned what all the fuss was about🥰

When I first walked in his kennel he was so excited with his wiggly bum and would not sit still! So I sat down with cooper and we had some cuddles and did some tricks like sit and paw, and cooper was harnessed up and off we went!
B39C068A-62A8-46BD-A816-42F896DB925B.jpeg
He walked so well alongside RR Jack and loved coming out with my mum and I today.
He does need some management around dogs when you’re out as he finds dogs (especially off lead dogs) intimidating. However, he loves to go off elsewhere and have some one to one time where his character can really shine though. He also loves a good country walk where he can chase some squirrels 🐿
693A650D-D56C-47FC-BB3C-9C20A2A81BE5.jpeg
Cooper has got so much love to give and could really be a great addition to your life, please consider him💙
479A21E5-6110-457E-A9D7-3E76697E424B.jpeg
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

I was so pleased to walk Cooper again as he's such a lovely dog on the lead and he's a wonderful, attentive character. Here he is walking along on a loose lead, which is the norm when there isn't anything around to excite him.

Even in those moments of excitement, I think that some training will help him to keep the focus on his owner. For example, some teenage students were working in the stream, which was out of the norm even for a human to see there. After his initial curiosity, he refocused on me, and was sitting and looking at me close to the distraction, and also calmly enjoyed some pats and treats from the male teacher.

You can see here how he responds to voice commands, and treats!

In earlier videos you can see how he loves being in the water, so much so that I once struggled a bit to get him to refocus on me and get out of the water when it was time to go. This walk, before he got too obsessed with his digging in the water, I made myself more interesting calling him out and he'd jump out and get a reward. But I'd then let him go back in again so he didn't see the "out you come" command as something negative that would end his play, so he was happy with his time in and out of the water, and I felt completely in control.

He's a truly wonderful dog as it is, but even better, these little things indicated to me that his lucky future owner can easily do some training to be the centre of his world when they need to be. Along with many other walkers, I will be jealous of those people, as they and Cooper will really enjoy learning, walking, playing and being a family together.
Lucym

Post by Lucym »

Super Cooper!! wheyhey.gif
Love this boy, he is such a gentle cuddly bear. Cooper is so happy and relaxed to mooch along on his walk, enjoying the chance to sniff.
He is quite keen on a bit of squirrel spotting and has a lovely waggy tail if he gets a chance to get up close, sweet boy love4.gif
20190628_104105-864x1152.jpg
Martine wsstle

Post by Martine wsstle »

Walked cooper for the first time today another great dog greeted me into his kennel no problem harnessed and away .very relaxed on lead and walks well re very connected we paseed a few dog but he was fine as i git him to sit and wait whilst they passed well done cooper. Cooper adores water as i found out we were in and he could play for ever splashing around .
So cooper what a great walk this boy is good very connected and with the right people or even person will grow even more in confidence

love4.gif thanks cooper
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Cooper loves a good paddle in the river 😂

(Video taken by volunteer walker Martine)

EmmaNicole

Re: Cooper Mastiff x DofB 01.07.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by EmmaNicole »

So I finally got to take this gorgeous boy out and I’m smitten. Cooper is just a cuddley lump of scrumptious who just loves to go for a walk and even more loves a wallow and a splash in the stream. Cooper is good on lead and is just a happy lump who would really like his forever sofa now.

AF2E96B1-D31A-4506-BEDE-CA196C751575.jpeg

F35D8D3F-03BB-44EC-9939-655C95DBCF5F.jpeg
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Had a lovely walk and catch up today with Cooper. He is still as friendly easygoing as ever ❤️

We even found the perfect place for photos - Cooper Close 😄

2969621E-C24B-4763-9E83-B8FFDEE750B3.jpeg
B4F02929-4A5F-4683-9B21-0966DAE25A59.jpeg
DC39C1AE-B349-491F-AE01-B1BAB2ACF19C.jpeg
SarahW

Re: Cooper Rottie x Mastiff DofB 01.07.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

It has been wonderful catching up with Cooper. I adore this dog and thought he would be whisked away to his forever home so quickly. He is an absolute treasure. So affectionate, great on the lead, lovely chilled temperament. He doesn't seem bothered by other dogs.

I adore any time I get to be with him.

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Lexi

Re: Cooper Rottie x Mastiff DofB 01.07.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by Lexi »

Cooper is so so handsome - just look at that lovely wrinkly face! Here’s Cooper when he was at Guildford, I really adored him, he’s so friendly and loveable - even if he can’t catch treats!! 😂
FA98F879-6FA9-418D-BF16-0A42507DAA06.jpeg
9810ECC6-E154-4850-82B2-120BC346BECE.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”