Ruby Staffie x DofB 06.06.12 Wanstead

Dogs that have found their forever home
Jan Case

Re: Ruby Staffie x DofB 06.06.2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

Ruby was very keen to go out on her walk with Geoff today and was very much on a squirrel mission! They passed several dogs, both rescue and local population and Ruby behaved impeccably, she is such a good little dog. They had a thoroughly enjoyable walk ending with a nice chicken chew for Ruby which she took with her customary gentleness. angel13.gif]
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff walked Ruby today and they were joined by Holly walking Marley. Ruby was a total poppet as usual and walked beautifully for Geoff and happily with Marley. She is such a friendly well behaved little dog out of the kennel. She obviously finds the kennel environment very stressful. She was very happy for me to give her a fuss when we met up on their return. She has such a soulful expression, real sweetie. Xxxx
LouiseR

Post by LouiseR »

Ruby and I have been on a number of walks together now and I love going in to see her as she is such a lovely girl.
Now that she knows me I go in with treats and she greets me with excited cuddles. She is very excited to let me clip her leads on as she knows it's walk time!

Ruby does still get nervous of strangers and some other dogs and can grab trees and branches as a distraction, but I feel she is making progress and responds well to 'leave'.
She is such a sweet girl who just loves to run around. She is full of beans and would really suit an active person who can give her the time and reassurance she needs to blossom.

I love our walks Ruby, but would also love to see you find your forever home as kennels can be a bit overwhelming. love4.gif 0028.gif
Jen Burke

Post by Jen Burke »

I love Ruby. 💝
I’ve been lucky enough to walk her a few times now. She can be initially very eager to get out of the kennels but seems to love being out and about.
She’s a busy girl and bright as a button. The girls have taught her a range of tricks & instructions that she loves completing for a tasty treat. She is alert and loves walking. She is responsive on walks and listens to her handlers. We had 3 (non RR) dogs off their leads run straight up to her and she didn’t bat an eyelid, just looked at me to say “come on, I’m ready to go.”
She’s a great dog, with huge potential in the right forever home.
She’s so intelligent and would love to be part of a loving family. 💝
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff walked Ruby yesterday, she is definitely one of his favourites. They had a lovely walk but Ruby has learned a new trick of grabbing tree branches when she can reach them, which Geoff found a bit wearing, so he changed their route to minimise the number of trees she could leap up at, so they made forward progress to suit his notion of time and movement rather than Ruby’s! She was just having a lot of fun. :smiley-dance017.gif:
natdugdale

Post by natdugdale »

Met Ruby properly for the first time today - will have some photos to upload shortly. She seems to be a confident, friendly girl from the moment she met me outside her kennel and we had a nice paced walk together. She didn't pull much and I found her manageable even when a little more excited. When she gets hyped she grabs trees to peel off a strip of bark (very good method of doing so in one swift movement I must say!) But wasn't difficult to move on past each distraction so could potentially be trained out of this habit with time. We popped to the river where she leapt into a tree and pulled down a dead branch with a big splash, looking very pleased with herself! On the way back I sat down for a couple minutes and she was willing to stop briefly for some scratches before getting keen on exploring again. Lovely girl who would suit someone experienced with the more hyper side of staffies. Plus she is a stunning colour!!
Volunteer as a walker with us!
Visit our Instagram page for weekly photos of our dogs! @rescueremediesdogrescue :)
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Ruby is a beautiful girl. She walks at a steady pace, settling down after 5 or 10 minutes of brisk walking. She is sooooo smart - listens well and with a quick uh uh will stop grabbing a branch in a nano second. I’ve also noticed she can get her ears In to some amazing shapes - she made me laugh today as she put them up so high she looked like a little fruit bat (sorry Rubes). Ruby relaxes and enjoys her walk if you relax with her - when I was telling her she looked like a fruit bat and stroked her little face, she gave me the best smile, warmed my heart, bless her. Xxxx.
97032B5A-9BAA-420D-901E-50A56543A493.jpeg
CD64BCE4-0088-4B8D-921E-5F9D30747967.jpeg
LouiseR

Post by LouiseR »

Ruby has come on leaps and bounds and I really can't praise her enough!
We had the best walk ever today and she is fast becoming my favourite (sssh don't tell the others).

Ruby greets me in such a lovely way when I go into her kennel, tail wagging and happy smile as she knows it's walk time :dog_running-186.gif:
She adores her walks and happily leans side onto you as she knows where her leads clip on and then she stands waiting looking expectantly out of her door as she knows what order things go in. Such a clever lady!

Once out we had a lovely longer walk out by the road and in the woods. I am so proud of her as she was so relaxed the whole time, barely pulling despite her excitement of being out and never even glanced at a tree or branch. She is so connected to you and will sit and wait for other dogs to pass my without a blink as well as do sit and both paws for treats.

Ruby you're a star and I so hope you get your family soon Heart fill with love.gif]
Jen Burke

Post by Jen Burke »

I had a great walk with Ruby again today. I’ve got a real soft spot for this lady; fun, energetic and very intelligent, Ruby is great fun.
She will need a calm and experienced home that will ensure she is safe and secure, after that she will be a great companion.
Please consider giving her a loving home 💖.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff walked Ruby today, she was a total poppet. Ignored the couple of dogs they came across, taut lead but no pulling, lovely little lady. love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”