Dogs that have found their forever home
Jude&Alf

Re: Ollie EBT x Staffie x JRT DofB 09.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jude&Alf »

Oh and he has the best wiggly bottom you ever did see!! Xx
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I was so delighted to get back and see my little heart throb Ollie after a forced break of a few weeks because of my stupid back. Ollie greeted me with a lovely wagging tail, no recriminations about ‘where have you been?’, just “get the lead on and let’s get out if here”! Ollie took me straight to the paddock where we had a fabulous play with the tennis balls. Ollie loves tennis balls so much. When he got puffed he chewed it for a bit or kept his paw on it, and when he was ready to go again he nudged it towards me. We also enjoyed a nice stroll through the woods and across the field where he indulged in some lovely rolling in the long grass. Ollie is so thoroughly good natured, he ignores the other dogs, loves to have his ears fondled and his chest rubbed. I know his special someone is out there, but heavens I shall miss him when they scoop him up. But this little boy deserves to be the centre of someone’s world, someone with tennis balls, obviously!!!!! bighug.gif
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Ollie and I had our Tuesday date with each other and the paddock and tennisy balls! We were having such a good time and then we had a medical emergency! Ollie was bleeding from his paw, quite a lot of blood, but he didn’t seem to feel it should stop him running after tennisy balls! He’d caught his nail on a piece of wire fencing and was such a good and brave boy when it was washed down with antisceptic. We had a nice walk through the wood and field and when he couldn’t hide his limping any more we had a cuddle instead! Total little hero. And his paw had stopped bleeding by the time we went back to his kennel. bighug.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

So yesterday Ollie was still feeing the aftermath of his little accident and was playing it for all that it was worth!!
He was so funny, super keen to go to the paddock but obviously his paw was still a bit sore, but he did not want to show it and styled it out like the absolute dude that he is 👌
He was just so happy to be out and having fun, we had some very gentle playtime and then a very sedate walk.
I absolutely love ❤️ Ollie, he is my kind of boy, I could bore you with the long list of wonderful things about this boy. He has the biggest heart with so much love, he just needs the perfect family to share it with Kiss of love.gif
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

So Ollie and I had our Tuesday date this week, and the paw is just about sorted. This clever little boy has learned a very valuable lesson and chasing tennisy balls in the paddock he slowed down as he went to pick the ball up to make sure the area was clear of obstacles! He nudges the ball towards you when he’s ready for you to throw it again, which is super cute. We had a lovely walk through the field and woods of the rescue and Ollie thoroughly enjoyed rolling in the long grass. I love this little boy. He is going to make some lucky family very happy. Heart fill with love.gif]
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Little Ollie is still having an issue with his claw that he caught on some fencing when he was playing with me in the paddock a couple of weeks ago. I feel so bad because this little boy adores chasing tennis balls and at the moment we are not allowed to let him run around after them! So when I took him to the paddock on Tuesday I tried just rolling the tennis ball for him, but it didn’t work, he still pounced in it and made his paw bleed again. It’s difficult to explain to him why he can’t run, so I sadly put his leads back on and persuaded him to walk through the wood with me instead. Ollie stopped st the Poets Hut ( a shed with sofa and dog bed for cuddles) which he had never done before, so I opened it up and in we went! He had a quick sit on the nice comfy dog bed and then, after being given permission, he climbed up on the sofa next to me. Well, what a cuddle monster!! I had licks, and then he endeavoured to be a lap dog and managed to get at least two thirds of him onto my lap! Ollie is so wasted in Rescue, he is a total delight, he takes no notice of the dogs around him, unless it’s to be friendly, he has the happiest disposition and he deserves the opportunity to at least try and be a lap dog!!!! Heart fill with love.gif]

97CC18A9-9AF0-494E-A84B-22549591BEE8.jpeg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

As Jan couldn’t make it today I got to stand in and Ollie for his date with the paddock and a tennisy ball. It was the first time I’ve taken Ollie out but as I regularly give him sausages he seemed happy with his substitution. Ollie was a good boy whilst I clipped the leads on and whilst he was a little gobby to his kennel neighbours on the way past as soon as we were out he became his usual happy self again. Ollie is not a big walker but he does like to chase a ball and have a cuddle so we went straight to the paddock to indulge in both 😀. I had been told he had a bad paw and so we kept a close eye on it and didn’t go mad on the ball throwing. In between throws Ollie was very happy to just snuggle in and have bum scratches which by the look on his face he really enjoyed. A few more round of ball / bum scratch and Ollie told me he was finally done as his paw was hurting now and he held it up for me to look at. I’m pleased to report though that it is healing as there was no bleeding from the claw but was obviously a little sore for Ollie so we headed for the poets hut where we could sit and have a proper cuddle. Ollie proper snuggled in to my and gave me lovely little kisses on my chin which I think meant I’m now his friend 😍. After a little while Ollie decided it was time to head back so he could have a little rest after all his exertion and so we went back to his kennel for one final scratch and some sausage. Ollie is such a happy happy and very low maintenance. I don’t think he’d like a very busy house and would probably prefer to be the only dog so he could have all the cuddles but he will make a great addition to a home as long as it has tennis balls!

B184F579-1A94-4DA3-AA1E-529B36127439.jpeg

37FBA282-A761-4180-8A43-FEC482285F97.jpeg

9CDA9FDC-5EE8-4CE1-9949-473464201F62.jpeg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Fabulous photos and write up on Ollie 👌
He really is such a darling, quirky and misunderstood boy, I am so pleased his fan base is growing Kiss of love.gif
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Definitely he really is such a darling. He’ll having us all queueing up at his door soon Heart fill with love.gif]
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Fabulous photos Emma, and thank you so much for taking this special boy out today. I did have my Tuesday date with him, with tennisy balls and cuddles, he took me to the Poets Hut again so I think that’s now part of our routine! To meet this little chap is to love him!!!! love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”