Re: Ollie EBT x Staffie x JRT DofB 09.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

More pics from paddock time xxx
B97B00E1-FB58-4335-BCC8-EE4CD6E20905.jpeg
9F871009-4AA6-4864-A31B-0CE32448B36D.jpeg
BCB9912E-4772-49AB-81C3-31DC09A55254.jpeg
E3C386FB-92C9-4EBC-8410-696FD2D09C44.jpeg
60F6ADC9-DC3D-40B9-940F-266DB864DF37.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
EmmaT

Post by EmmaT »

Sweet little Ollie was 'fairly active' for his Sunday constitutional. As all who know Ollie excercise is not his favourite thing. He did chase the ball in the paddock but kept going to the gate indicating he'd had enough. I kept throwing the ball and he would chase it then go to gate. If Ollie's in the mood he can walk for a good distance but its a bit hit and miss. Now the weathers getting better and the muds drying up hopefully he will feel more adventurous.
Ollie has a habbit of running to you when he wants fuss and then hes off again. His favourite thing is food or balls, no food. Hes a real character and has a real fan club.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

As Emma also mentions Ollie is slowly filling with the joys of spring and starting to put one paw in front of the other. He still loves nothing more than to just cuddle into you and enjoy a good cuddle but he is starting to have a little potter too and a quick run in the paddock.

I love my cuddles with Ollie. The love he has for his fan club is always obvious on his face and from the little kisses he gives. Now all we need is to find his forever humans so that he can start to enjoy life in a home which I know will be something that Ollie will love very much love4.gif

E15B27C0-EC44-4837-85D2-AE8616DD2F01.jpeg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

For me no trip to the kennels is complete without some Ollie cuddles and yesterday was no exception. Jude had already taken Ollie out in the morning for what constitutes a walk in Ollie's world roflmao.gif so this meant I could just indulge in a little cuddle before I headed home without feeling that I should try and make him actually do some exercise!

Ollie was definitely up for this plan and headed straight to my car the moment he spotted it ready to hop in and be showered with affection and of course the odd sausage thumbs.gif

I hope you'll agree from these photos that Ollie looks like one happy little chap whilst enjoying his cuddles but what he really needs is a home to call his own. :crossfingers.gif: love4.gif

DCB8A1A3-22B7-42DA-84DA-11F2E02CE054.jpeg

395557D9-04F8-47FE-8746-E50F9F15EBBF.jpeg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Ollie is enjoying the sunshine and drier ground underfoot. A little gentle pressure from me (and sausage) and we are now going for walks outside of the rescue again. What Ollie absolutely adores is going in the car (as Emma has shown he is perfectly happy just to sit in the car!!) but on Thursdays Ollie and I go for a drive and a walk somewhere different, which we both enjoy enormously. Ollie likes smelling the daisies, and the daffodils and the dandelions!!! He loves rolling in nice grass and then doing his famous commando crawl, feeling the lovely cool grass on his belly and laughing up at you. Ollie treats every dog we pass with quiet respect, happy to say hello if they want to, and often quite interested in following where they are going for a short while. Sometimes the outside world is a bit scary, for no obvious reason, and Ollie will press close to you for support and encouragement. Ollie gets his confidence from his walker, he is quite simply a very sweet little soul with a well of anxiety lurking in the background from his past. In my opinion to know Ollie is to love Ollie Heart fill with love.gif]

C8EF0213-5DD7-4ED4-B6D1-55C2432A5106.jpeg

A3BA5A3D-E56E-40E9-A019-1DBA4C016235.jpeg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Ollis is suffering from a bit of kennel fatigue at the moment. You can always tell because he is a little subdued and he gets thin patches on his hair. Added to this I think Ollie strained his leg in the paddock with me on Tuesday as he twisted rather acrobatically in the air after a tennis ball with an awkward bounce (Ollie is not shaped for acrobatics) and today his front left leg was being held up for inspection and we had a bit of a limp. I duly inspected his leg very carefully and was reassured that whilst it was obviously causing him a bit of discomfort, Ollie was going for the sympathy vote. Which of course he got love4.gif . We then went for our Thursday afternoon outing in the car and met up with Geoff who spent some time trying to tickle the tennis ball out of Ollie's mouth to help cheer him up!!

want to share?
want to share?

really this one is mine
really this one is mine

there is this other one
there is this other one

you can out your hand in my mouth but I'm not letting go!
you can out your hand in my mouth but I'm not letting go!
Last edited by Jan Case on Mon 03 May 2021 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Hope you feel better soon lovely Ollie xx
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Ollie greeted me today as if I had been gone from his life for weeks instead of just missing last Thursday, so we had big cuddles and then he was keen to get out! Bless him he searched for my car and when he couldn't find it we had the, now usual, reluctance to walk!! Treats, fussing, cajoling, patience and eventually we made it to the paddock where we had a lovely time chasing tennis balls (leg fine again now) and having lots of strokes, back scratches and cuddles. Eventually we left and again massive encouragement needed to get Ollie to turn left for the meadow rather than right back to his kennel. But he was so pleased when he eventually succumbed to my whiles and we got to the grassland! Rolls, tummy tickles, commando crawling, and big smiles, that's what we wanted. Ollie is such a character, and such a sweetheart once you have gained his trust. love4.gif
Jan Case

Ollie EBT x Staffie x JRT DofB 09.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

Ollie and I had a brilliant walk yesterday thumbs.gif he started off as usual checking the cars to see if mine was there and we might be going out for a drive (we bring Geoff's car on Tuesdays otherwise he wouldn't move from mine!!) and having ascertained that mine wasn't there he trotted towards the bridge into the lane, yippee I thought, then Geoff appeared to get treats from the car for the next dog he was walking and that was it, brakes were on! lol.gif so Geoff gave him a fuss and we tried again. Ollie chose to turn left which leads to a very long walk he and I had done last year and bless him he just kept going! Muddy bits and numerous stiles, lovely long grass to roll in and do our famous commando crawl, I was so proud of him. Then we came to a field full of cows and I told Ollie point blank I wasn't going in there, so he gallantly agreed to turn around and retrace our steps, rather than continuing the circuit. We both thoroughly enjoyed it and were both a bit pooped by the end, magic! I really can't emphasise enough how gentle this boy is and how loving and affectionate once he knows and trusts you. Yes, of course he's stubborn, he's a mix of bull breeds, but to me, he's simply the best! love4.gif
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

He really is the best 💙beautiful little man

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”