Ollie EBT x Staffie x JRT DofB 21.09.16 Horsham

Dogs that have found their forever home
Jan Case

Re: Ollie EBT x Staffie x JRT DofB 09.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

It was pretty cold on Tuesday and snow lay on the ground, would Ollie love it or loathe it? Well he couldn’t seem to decide. We left the kennel at a pretty smart trot, having had our obligatory and rather wonderful cuddle, and headed off to the wood. Well I thought, this is promising. Silly me, Ollie jumped smartly up onto the large, snow covered log, which is there, it is true, for sitting on. So I joined him and we had a cuddle and watched the world go by ( thank heavens for waterproof trousers!) lots of lovely licks, and some nice paw holding, and I suggested, with the offer of some sausage, that we move on. Some nice sniffing through the wood, ah, I thought, he does quite like it, to the next point where he could persuade me to stop, sit and cuddle! So I took some photos. What do you think? Does he like the white stuff? 0002.gif]
B0BD9D47-AA8B-498F-B8BA-F3FA9184C9E7.jpeg
1F01E667-482A-49B4-9880-0595EED3A10D.jpeg
87F8E9D1-7085-4992-9B10-12954D6B9A6E.jpeg
72749C0B-ECF5-4168-9FE1-8F3D57957CA8.jpeg
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

I walked Ollie today - not that he went far at all. We ended up just having a cuddle around the corner from his kennel. Once he worked out where my treat bag was he did plunge his nose in it trying to snaffle a treat.
8A0311AC-9C89-40B0-A2E2-C55133204118.jpeg
312A18D7-D1BE-41B9-A426-25AD90D1C3B9.jpeg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Ollie pops and I headed out towards the woods, well let me rephrase that I headed out to the woods but actually Ollie had other ideas, it was muddy and Ollie didn’t want to get his white little paws dirty !

There was a stack of pallets just outside the kennel grounds and I asked Ollie if he wanted a sit down and a cuddle love4.gif

Yey, the answer was yes love4.gif
956DCF25-DCA0-4A88-A769-5166354881BD.jpeg
Snuggle buggles xxx
Snuggle buggles xxx
Mask removed meant kisses xxx
Mask removed meant kisses xxx
So much love in this sweetheart - after snuggle time we headed away from the mud and towards the lane ...
Ok Sarah this isn’t too bad, I’ll go this way !
Ok Sarah this isn’t too bad, I’ll go this way !
Now I haven’t walked Ollie down the lane for a while but whenever I have in the past he plays me big time for treats - he hasn’t forgotten and today was no different 0002.gif] :smiley-chores002.gif:
He proper plays me !!!
Ollie : “err not moving unless you throw a treat for me”
Me : throws a treat forward, Ollie trots happily to it and eats it up, head up, looks at me ...
Ollie : “ err not moving unless you throw a treat for me”
Me : throws a treat, Ollie trots happily to it and eats it up, head up, looks at me ...
Ollie : “ err not moving unless you throw a treat for me”
Me : throws a treat, Ollie trots happily to it and eats it up, head up, looks at me ...

And so it went on !!! Until we turned round then he’ll walk back no problem !!!
What a little pickle he is !
Do love him though xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Oh love him, such a gorgeous little character
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Another lovely cuddle session with the adorable Ollie pops today. This boy is such a character and has his posse of Walker well trained when it comes to what he wants roflmao.gif As per usual Ollie was not feeling the mud and was not budging anywhere without serious food related encouragement. Having got him as far as car he was not moving another paw and so we had a nice cuddle in the boot and a little game of hide the treat.

I love this little dog and if you are lucky enough to be accepted by him he is the most affectionate boy. He is rather Chrissy about his friends so his group all feel very honoured to get to spend time with this gorgeous smiley boy love4.gif love4.gif
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I thought Ollie might really enjoy being out in the sunshine yesterday and we set off at great rate. Out of the kennels, across the bridge into the lane, this is great I thought, we'll go around the village. Ollie didn't think so! He changed his mind and wanted to go back, so we did, I then enjoyed a gorgeous period of sitting in the sunshine with this boy, enjoying being licked and having cuddles at various locations around the rescue grounds. It was glorious weather and Ollie and I enjoyed listening to the birdsong and sharing some mutual adoration. thumbs.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Ollie knows how to get what he wants Jan !

We started with cuddles on the log yesterday, straight up and firmly planted himself on my lap giving me kisses, such a sweetheart love4.gif

I didn’t think he was going to let me move !!!and he didn’t for a while but the sun was shining so we both enjoyed the warmth and the cuddles :D

I managed to dislodge him from my lap and he stayed on the log and did a bit of log walking...
6047C18D-BA1A-4A57-B316-4A560076E86E.jpeg
Got to the end and wondered what to do next 0002.gif]
8A213593-BE0F-468A-987F-3A36D5D8DA4F.jpeg
He lumbered off and I fancied a walk down the lane, Ollie wasn’t sure so stopped and did a lovely sit so we could have a talk (and a treat)!
85CD4D69-36BF-42A0-8A91-AE850EB734F8.jpeg

This was the deal, it’s how Ollie works me, every time !!!
Down the lane was stop, throw treat, run to it and repeat ...

Turned around at the end and a lovely relaxed walk back with that lovely Ollie waggly relaxed walk :D

Lovely time xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Ollie is clearly feeling the joys of spring coming yesterday as he was keen to get out of his kennel and happily led me for a nice trot round the woods. As the paddock was empty I decided to see if Ollie wanted to have a little run around. Ollie was very excited to find hard ground under his little paws and he set off running about like a loon searching for a tennis ball. After a nice run around it was time to let someone else have a go in the paddock and so it was time to try and get Ollie to walk. As predicted this didn’t go to well and Ollie did everything he could to look as cute as possible and distract me from my mission. Now as we all know what Ollie wants Ollie usually gets and so I abandoned the walking idea and instead headed for the bench for cuddles Ollie much preferred this idea as cuddles also means treats in his mind 0002.gif]. Unfortunately all good things have to come to an end and eventually it was time to head back to Ollie kennel but despite his disappointment Ollie all returns with good grace and a parting cuddle and few treats in his run.

C’mon human where’s my treat
C’mon human where’s my treat

Oh yes that’s the spot
Oh yes that’s the spot

You can see him smiling
You can see him smiling

99A577B5-56E6-4621-B170-CF1421D5FEE4.jpeg
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

It's a photo from a distance but the bond with Geoff is clear to see, what a loving Boy Ollie is and how he loves to play ball ! Let's hope he find his way home soon :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]
Ollies 28.2 gif.gif
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I am running out of original things to say about our adorable Ollie Pops. We had another lovely outing yesterday, started off in the paddock but after a quick run around and a few laps up and down after the ball Ollie was at the gate clearly telling me that, that was enough exercise for today and it was cuddle time. He didn't fancy heading for the bench and so instead off we went to my car for a nice snuggle and kisses in the boot of my car where he happily sat enjoying his tummy rubs and watching the world go by. This boy is just a joy to spend time with and always makes me laugh with his funny little ways. love4.gif

OK then if I must chase the ball
OK then if I must chase the ball

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”