Royce Cane Corso x Lab DofB 12.2016 RRemedies Centre

Mastiffs that are available for adoption
xxlynne

Re: Royce Lab x DofB 12.2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Royce has come back to us and had lost his confidence. He is gradually building trust again and is warm and affectionate with his ever increasing circle of admirers.
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I enjoyed the nicest walk with Royce today and I will admit to having a great big smile throughout 😊
Royce welcomed me so beautifully in his kennel, a little jump up to say hello and then, bearing in mind we have only met once, he let me faff around fitting his muzzle and then we headed out.
So as I said we have only been out once before for a short walk and this time I was determined to spend as much time as possible with this super boy and hopefully allow him to relax and really enjoy his walk, which I'm pleased to say he very much did thumbs.gif quite possibly my longest walk of the day!
After a little bit of hesitation we soon got going and Royce is just the best company. He is an amazing sniffer, taking everything in and delighting in all the sights, sounds and smells around. Royce definitely needs his walker to let him know that all is good, to fill him with confidence and take the lead. As we walked I saw this darling boy start to relax, we figured out a way for him to enjoy treats though his muzzle which for Royce was just the best.
Royce is my kind of boy, a dog who once a bond is formed will be your absolute best friend, he deserves so very much, the best and until his perfect home comes along I will really enjoy getting to know this amazing boy Kiss of love.gif
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

I adore Royce. He is gaining confidence every week - saying hello to other walkers with a waggy tail and a hug. He’s quite a lump and although is quite strong, he listens well. When he’s unsure I bend down and give him a fuss, tell him he’s the best boy and off we go, his tail high. For me, he’s a soppy, sensitive, affectionate lump of lovliness. X
232F85AF-1AE7-42BD-8118-C05B655076DC.jpeg
BA74A876-29D6-4E83-92D4-0B1E234BE625.jpeg
250F7BA3-1E7F-4D48-83BC-911ABAE825EA.jpeg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Royce is such an amazing boy and I'm loving getting to know him love4.gif love4.gif
It was my third walk with Royce on Friday and he welcomed me beautifully, fabulous smile and a jump up to say hello, then allowing me to fit his muzzle and attach leads in super quick time, so keen is he to get going thumbs.gif
Royce did show the slightest hesitation to go further than the end of the lane, but knowing how much he relishes his time away from kennels I tempted him with treats and the promise of a fabulous walk, this seemed to do the trick and we ended up doing the long walk, trying to avoid the mud and huge puddles.
Royce is quite a big boy but absolutely does not use his strength, he's wonderfully calm and as we strolled along I discovered he is the perfect height to give head rubs and ear scratches, which he also relishes.
So as I said previously we have found a way for Royce to enjoy treats whilst wearing his muzzle, I can also say it does not hinder him at all when out and about. Royce is a sniffer and he still manages to enjoy all the lovely smells, sticking his big old nose into everything thumbs.gif
So I'd totally forgotten about the fallen down tree on the long walk and as we turned the corner there it was, I thought about turning around but Royce looked game, so he went under and then waited patiently while I went over! So pleased no one was around to see it 0002.gif]
After the best walk I left Royce enjoying yet more treats and a promise that I will definitely see him very soon for another amazing walk Kiss of love.gif
ElayneN

Post by ElayneN »

I met Royce for the first time on Friday, and what a lovely boy he is. He greets you like an old friend, then off he goes, calm and happy, full of enthusiasm for the walk, his muzzle not stopping him from sniffing everywhere.

He’s got some ballast going on but though he's strong, he didn’t pull, he listened when asked to wait. Just a few times he pulled towards some people because he wanted to say a big hello. I didn't let him as he does do such big shoulder height hellos! He was such a good boy all the way, not at all bothered when we passed other dogs.

And when we stopped for a sniff by some large boulders, I sat down and this big softie sat by me, looking for cuddles.
Then bless him he lay down and went belly up for a tummy rub bighug.gif

He stayed there even when two RR dogs passed us, enjoying more belly scratches in the spring sunshine, not a care in the world. Back in his kennel, with his muzzle off, he was sooo happy and wanted more cuddles, and it was lovely to see his beautiful face - and easier to get some treats into it!

What a gorgeous boy, seems very loving and needs to be relaxing on his own forever sofa Kiss of love.gif

Royce daffs 2 (2).JPG

Royce belly up 2 (2).JPG

Royce happy muzz (2).JPG
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

I walk Royce most Sundays - and I absolutely adore him. He is the soppiest, cuddliest, lump of lovliness and we randomly stop just for a cuddle. He can lose his confidence with strangers approaching but you’ll know he’s not feeling very brave - he’ll turn and look at you, wanting reassuring words and a hug. He is strong but he hardly ever pulls - in fact I sometimes have to cajole him along as all he wants is cuddles.xx
With a new walker. X
With a new walker. X
Loving the fuss. X
Loving the fuss. X
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

So missing darling Royce love4.gif
He really does have the greatest smile and the warmest heart ❤️
Please do someone give home a big old cudddle and kiss from me Kiss of love.gif
Stevesmj

Post by Stevesmj »

Only my 2nd walk with Royce but it's like we're old friends. Very attentive boy who is willing to please....and accept much fussing.
positivo1.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Lovely, lovely video of Royce, he's looking fabulous Kiss of love.gif
Stevesmj

Post by Stevesmj »

While I'm on the Royce roll, here's another vid of the boy enjoying the May sunshine.

Return to “Our Marvellous Mastiffs”