Captain English Bull Mastiff DofB 25.05.15 Cheltenham, Glos

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Captain English Bull Mastiff DofB 25.05.15 Cheltenham, Glos

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF8054.jpgcaptain.jpg
Captain's Story: Captain was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a South Coast council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Captain is now neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Captain is in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Captain.jpg
Captain's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
11.09.18: English Mastiff Type.
Good Afternoon Lynne.
Hope all is well. You very kindly took a Mastiff type dog from us back in June, she was called Smiley but you may have changed her name. I was wondering if you were able to re home her? Also we've just got an entire male Mastiff type dog in our care and wondered if you have any space at present? He came in yesterday and I phoned our kennels today and he's been as good as gold.
Many thanks, take care Russ Dog Warden
DSCF8050.jpgcaptain.jpg
k8fisher9

Re: Captain English Bull Mastiff DofB 25.05.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by k8fisher9 »

Not entriely convinced Captain isnt part rescue dog. We went for a walk but part way round after investigating the stream Captain realised he might be missing something at the kennels. He led us both through the grasslands, and scrub the exact route we'd taken all the way back. Lovely chap his calm exterior really helping those in the bolt holda beside him remain calm.

Adorable chap, with a penchant for sniffs :)
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Got myself a big boy to walk today blob6.gif]
Captain is a huge, strong boy but was so laid back and gentle, so wasn't a problem to walk for me. Nice dog.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

PA050013 - Copy.JPG
Captain helped me with an induction on Friday, lovely lovely boy who walks so well on the lead, is very gentle and exceptionally handsome :D
PA120029.JPG
PA120032.JPG
PA120033.JPG
PA050013.JPG
love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

O Captain! My Captain. WHAT a dog. What a TOP dog. We set off on our walk and he was an absolute dream. We met some men who were clearing paths and stuff with a wag of the tail and sniffs galore and also tried to clamber into one of their vans to steal a lunch ......He leapt over stiles like a gazelle but is SO SO light on the lead. We met a gentleman and his two young kids and although I had him on a short lead, Captain was gentle and quiet in passing them. On returning from walk, I took him into the paddock. He plodded around bit but was more interested in chewing on tennis ball and soaking up the sun. He does do a lovely sit and paw and is very responsive to being called. He's a lovely lovely booph-head and I am completely smitten. love4.gif love4.gif
pits

Re: Captain English Bull Mastiff DofB 25.05.15 Guildford Kenns

Post by pits »

I met Captain very quickly the other day to get some quick photos of him. I only met him very briefly but he seemed to have this relaxed friendly nature to him.
c1s.jpg
c2s.jpg
c3s.jpg
pits

Post by pits »

Here's handsome Captain on his walk today. It was the first time I've walked him and it was great getting to know him better. If you give him a treat he takes it so softly and carefully, its funny.
captainpostss.jpg
andyrols

Post by andyrols »

Captain was a bit of a handful to get harnessed as he was so excited, and was very strong leaving the kennels and for the 1st quarter of the walk, but he then settled down and relaxed and was a completely different boy. He liked to rub his head against my leg for reassurance every few minutes and given a chance I think he will make a lovely companion. He was not worried about passing his kennel mates either – always a good sign!
captain.jpg
pits

Post by pits »

Captain is pictured here on his walk earlier. You don't often get the best of both, but Captain has both supermodel looks and an amazing personality. He is extremely well mannered and is a very affectionate big softie. He does "sit" and "stay" extremely well (top right). After the walk (bottom right) he was very happy getting attention, and would keep putting his paw on me to ask for more attention. Don't miss out on this good looking guy!
cpt1small.jpg
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

Easy to harness and we were off! He didn’t take a blind bit of notice of all of his barking kennel buddies and instead looked up at me and wagged his tail!

We walked around the Guildford area for an hour or so in which time we met about 10 on lead dogs and Captain was so very polite. No barking or lunging just a slight look of interest and we walked on. We also had some cyclists whizz by which again Captain was not fazed by. A couple of people stopped to have a chat with me and during these few minutes I asked Captain to sit and wait which he did so very calmly.

Captain is a big dog and strong at times but very manageable and no doubt this would improve with regular exercise and further guidance.

Captain seems to be a real people dog and often looked right at me for reassurance and instruction. He would make such a faithful friend.

Lets hope that this smashing lad gets the home he needs soon.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”