Captain English Bull Mastiff DofB 25.05.15 Cheltenham, Glos

Dogs that have found their forever home
Tamsin

Re: Captain English Bull Mastiff DofB 25.05.15 Guildford Kenns

Post by Tamsin »

I met the extremely handsome Captain for the first time today. He was pleased to see me and greeted me like a long lost pal. I’d been warned that he was a strong boy, so I took him to the paddock for a play first to get to know him a little.
He LOVES playing with balls. He sits beautifully waiting for you to throw it and then zooms after it. His favourite thing seems to be having two balls on the go at once!! He brought them on his walk with me afterwards and he was a lovely boy to walk.
Yes, he is a strong boy, but not excessively so and he responds well to your voice.
When we got back to his kennel he was super keen to get into his bed and chew on his tennis balls so I basically had to man handle him into his warm coat and he didn’t mind a bit, such a lovely natured dog
I’ll post a video on the Rescue Remedies Facebook page.
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

So Captain was with his walker yesterday and we decided to walk him around a large field with the adorable Alfie & Belle .
Alfie & Belle were zooming around on extender leads only a short distance from Captain and he couldn't of cared less !
Alfies excitement grew as this large dog ignored him so he started yapping and barking to get his attention .
Again Captain barely looked their way .We remained in front of him and by Captains side and the boy remained faultless throughout no lunging or jumping , not vocal just happily stood or walked as these two little audible dogs zoomed by . Such a calm , well mannered Boy.
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

Captain is a ray of sunshine. A big ray of sunshine but a ray of sunshine all the same!
He gives me such a huge happy welcome when I enter his kennel to take him for a walk.

He seems to be house trained as his kennel is always clean and as soon as he exits his kennel he does his business straight away. He certainly has a good sized bladder!

Despite being a chunky monkey Captain loves a run around in the paddock and can really move after a ball. He doesn’t tire of a game of fetch so if you have a garden and a ball this would keep the lad more than happy.

As mentioned in a previous post, earlier in the week Captain walked with Alfie & Belle who are teeny in comparison to him. He was so polite and walked calmly close by to them despite wee Alfie giving him daggers occasionally!

A skilled and happy boy who would love to love you.
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

It’s been a couple of months since I walked big boy Captain. So on Sunday we got reacquainted and I was reminded what a lovely boy he is!

We spent some time in the paddock first playing ball. He LOVES a game of fetch and is so good at bringing the ball back.

Captain and I then went for a walk in the sunshine. He’s a large boy (40kgs maybe?) with the capability of being strong on the lead, but he was very responsive to me as his walker and came back towards me whenever I called him. The only time he pulled was when he wanted to say ‘hi’ to a golden retriever puppy. The puppy was being trained by its owner to sit quietly as we passed and it only took a slight tug on the lead and calling Captain’s name to redirect me towards him.

Back at kennels he let me put a warm coat on him, and then gave me cuddles. Lovely dog Captain angel13.gif]

7BDE17D3-A32E-49C1-B85E-7C3404A4B3D8.jpeg

Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

Captain quietly sits in his bed waiting for a walker then excitedly does a few laps as you enter his kennel.

He's a big friendly guy and ignores all the other dogs shouting as he walks by,

He walks happily with kennel friends and exubes calmness around them, Tiny basil wanted to meet him through the paddock door so Captain gently poked his nose through so Basil would'nt feel intimidated by his size, Both boys gently said hello then Captain ran off to play his favourite game of throw ball.

He loves spending time with people and is still looking for his forever home .
pits

Post by pits »

This is Captain again earlier today, looking good and showing how well he does "sit" and "stay", and showing his great smile. He loves playing fetch and chasing balls so much, its an easy way to exercise him. I can easily picture him lying around contently during the day and cuddling up at night near to his future owner(s).
capttyy2.jpg
captycap.jpg
nada.c

Re: Max (Captain) English Bull Mastiff DofB 25.05.15 Guildford Kenns

Post by nada.c »

Yesterday an off lead black lab decided he wanted to walk with me and Captain... this video was taken after they did sniffies of each other’s bottoms and Captain did his unsuccessful attempt at growly play 😄

pits

Post by pits »

Here's Captain the hunk earlier in the week, he's got a heart of gold and is the friendliest chap ever. Do consider Captain.
capsmall.jpg
FranB

Post by FranB »

I had a great walk with Captain today, what a lovely happy boy he is. Once I persuaded him to leave his bone behind we were off along the river where he posed nicely for a photo and then enjoyed rolling in the grass, almost to the point of nearly rolling into the water. He was easy to walk and even passed the swans with very little bother. When we changed direction to head for home, he gave me a disapproving look and tried to encourage me to keep going but he was easy to persuade which is just as well as he is a large boy.
CBA15C7D-2E0E-4A1A-A501-5DF15ADC473C.jpeg
A24B23D0-1A5C-41A5-95B3-339338955857.jpeg
E9CF8107-84F5-40F2-AB61-7A57E3E3676D.jpeg
xxlynne

Re: Captain English Bull Mastiff DofB 25.05.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Captain went to the dentist yesterday and had several teeth out. We are hoping as a result he will begin to feel much better herewith wheyhey.gif

Captain was really good travelling in the dog mobile as my front passenger and an angel with the vet

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”