Tia English Bull Terrier x Lurcher DofB 03.05.13 Fetcham Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
Elaine.scott1

Re: Tia English Bull Terrier x Lurcher DofB 07.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

This is the first time that I have walked Tia, what a sweet girl, she is such a gentle soul. She is fantastic to walk very gentle when taking treats. She passes other dogs well no reaction at all. She responds well to the walker and loves a treat and cuddle. I really didn't want to put her back in the kennel she looked so sad. Let's hope that she gets her forever home soon angel13.gif]
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

A gorgeous lady - an absolute princess. Such a sweet sweet temperament. We went for a quick walk and then into the paddock. Initially she just wanted cuddles - not that I'm complaining - but then she realised that there were tennis balls!! It was such a delight to see her play. A wonderful wonderful sight to behold. love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
natdugdale

Re: Tia English Bull Terrier x Lurcher DofB 07.12 Liverpool Temp Foster

Post by natdugdale »

Well Tia is still waiting for her forever home so is back in Liverpool with me for a few weeks of R&R again thumbs.gif

After some initial excitement, she was soooo good in the car and didn't have to be asked twice to stay in the back whenever she wanted to come sit next to me for cuddles - a real achievement for a dog that seriously wanted those cuddles!!

Tia1.jpg

Tia2.jpg

First night, settled in quickly as usual

Tia3.jpg

Tia4.jpg

Looking very smart in her matching collar/lead/harness! Also got this fab bandana for when walking in areas with a high density of people as we did today - really helped as everyone who came to say hello to was a little slower to greet her and asked for permission beforehand - exactly what she needs for confidence building with strangers!
She also had to pass some builders in my building a few times and didn't react to them (huge improvement!) and greeted several new people well today woo.gif]

Tia5.jpg

Happy, settled and relaxed

Tia6.jpg

Waiting for her walk

Looking forward to the next 3 weeks with her and hopefully will be able to improve her people skills even further :)
Volunteer as a walker with us!
Visit our Instagram page for weekly photos of our dogs! @rescueremediesdogrescue :)
natdugdale

Post by natdugdale »

Quick update on Tia - she's being a good girl as always.

Tia1.jpg

Tia2.jpg

She has definitely improved with people since last time she was here which was great to see. I'd never seen Tia interact with a young child before until a few days ago - usually she gets upset when people get in her space too much, however she simply ignored the little 5/6 year old boy once he'd run out of treats 0002.gif] (He was pretty dog savvy for his age) Obviously she recognised he was a small person and reacted very differently (and very well!) to him. She wasn't entirely comfortable around him but didn't act defensively when he kept coming over, just kept turning away from him.

On another note, Tia really doesn't like cats. Which is surprising knowing that she totally ignores squirrels/seagulls/pigeons etc and appears to have no real prey instinct. Cats however, even when she simply smells one and doesn't see it, cause her to go into chase mode. 0028.gif

Fireworks? No problem. She jumps at the loud bangs then gets on with her life thumbs.gif Photo below was taken moments after a loud bang and she got on with gnawing on her bone right after.

Tia3.jpg
It's been a good first week. She's been incredibly active and bouncy today but as usual is easily distracted by a bone when I need to get on with my work thumbs.gif
Visit our Instagram page for weekly photos of our dogs! @rescueremediesdogrescue :)
natdugdale

Post by natdugdale »

Some more photos of Tia for you! Sadly in the last few days of my fostering her now. She's come a long way with resisting barking when she gets excited and when she hears other people entering my building which is great thumbs.gif We have also been doing really well muzzle training so she can have more safe, positive interactions with people. Squeezy cheese is definitely the way forward!

Tia1.jpg

Tia2.jpg

Tia3.jpg

Tia4.jpg

Tia5.jpg

Tia6.jpg
natdugdale

Post by natdugdale »

Some lazing in bed photos love4.gif I'm sure she's smiling in the first one!

Tia1.jpg

Tia2.jpg

Tia3.jpg
natdugdale

Post by natdugdale »

This may be quite a long post but I wanted to do a little summary of the things that strike me with Tia having had her in foster twice. There are many, many more things I could say but I think these are important points for people thinking of adopting this lovely girl.

• Her walking is impeccable. When she first stayed with me in Summer, she was all over the place tripping me up due to nerves and (I assume) lack of experience on a lead. She now walks perfectly on a slack lead 99% of the time, with the 1% being a bit of pulling when she gets spooked, which subsides fairly quickly now.
• She is reassured a lot by contact from people she knows – she doesn’t want to be squeezed like some dogs but would love to spend an evening in your lap and frequently turns to touch you with her nose when she is nervous on a walk.
• For a nervous dog, Tia is really good in the company of other people when they don’t interact with her. She is more fearful of loud people, especially men and strangers who gesture a lot. However, she will almost always patiently stand beside a loud, gesturing person who is ignoring her. Its only usually raised voices that spook her.
• She has gone from barking every time she got excited and I ignored her to only barking when she genuinely hears something that worries her, which is maybe once or twice a week max and usually its just a single “woof”.
• The only times I have seen her reactive with people is when she has been boxed in, however arbitrarily! She is not comfortable being cornered by strangers.
• She is so intelligent. I mean, I thought my dog picked things up quicker than most, but Tia is on another level. She learns SO quickly and picks up on people’s habits within days.
• In terms of interaction, Tia does well now on first contact, saying hello and then being allowed to move away or, when scared, simply choosing to ignore a stranger. When contact is prolonged, she can occasionally get nervous and jumpy, but muzzle training has allowed her to safely prolong interactions while she learns to trust new people. She has met many of my friends exceptionally well and a few of my friends have even come to the house with no problems at all (expect that she wants to lick them constantly…)
• She is a firm believer that anything remotely resembling food should be eaten.
• She is equal parts lazy and hyper. She spends half the day completely under the covers aside from her nose poking out and the other half trying to do zoomies on the field despite being on a lead! She is now fantastic with her patience and in controlling her energy.
• With a little work, you can turn her ears into cute little bunny ears!

Tia.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Tia shared her walk with Donny yesterday.
DSCF9397.jpgtiadonny.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

It's so lovely sharing a walk with Tia and Billy. They get on so well and choose to be close to each other throughout the walk, waiting for the other to catch up if they get behind.
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Id not managed to get a walk with Tia before today, and what a sweetheart she is! Another heartbreaker, I have completely fallen under her spell, as she is so gentle and beautiful.
We had a good walk, with no nerves at all, and she is indeed hood around other dogs. We went to the poets hut and can this girl cuddle love4.gif
She sat and gazed into my eyes and worked her magic, sucker that I am. Her chin went into my neck and we sat for ages like that until I reluctantly had to put her back in her kennel, which broke my heart as she shakes and just sits in her bed. Tia is a very special girl, I hope she gets her home soon. If this is your breed, you are missing out big time.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”