Kami Akita x Staffie DofB 14.04.13 RRemedies Centre

Other breeds that are available for adoption
xxlynne

Kami Akita x Staffie DofB 14.04.13 RRemedies Centre

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Under Assessment

Kami4.jpg
Kami's Story: Kami arrived in a rescue at the age of nine months and had been there for four years due to his trust issues. The rescue closed down and Kami had nowhere to go. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Kami is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Kami is now in boarding kennels near Gatwick.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.

Okami1.jpg
Kami's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
17.05.18: I know I said i wouldn't ask for a while.... I lied. Hi Lynne, I know I promised not to ask again for a while but have a boy who is proving difficult to place. Hes been in a rescue which is closing down in June. They have had him for 4 years and no one has offered to take him. He's an Akita x seems good with cats. Needs to get to know both people and dogs before he trusts. Carolyn x
Okami.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Kami Akita x Staffie DofB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Brave Kami

StevenRP

Post by StevenRP »

Hi everyone, I worked at the kennels Kami previously came from. It does take time to gain his trust, but once you have that, he is such faithful loveable cuddly companion. And has an amazing personality! He's a little water baby too! Love him so much, and miss him, so good to see him bonding. Thanks so much to Rescue Remedies for having this special boy! How's he settling in? I'd love an update on him! And if I can help in anyway please just ask! Regards, Steven x
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

What a beautiful boy. Hope he’s doing ok
April111

Post by April111 »

Jemma and I took Kami out for a good walk on Sunday. Jemma has the relationship with Kami and got him out of the kennel I was there more as scenery thumbs.gif
Not that Kami is mouthy at neighbouring dogs in the kennels I was still surprised that whilst we were out he took no notice of other dogs or people, just happy to mooch along and was great on the lead.
Hope to be able to take him out again soon with Jemma.
jemmaeve

Post by jemmaeve »

I’ve been working up a relationship with Kami over the past few months and he now trusts me to go in his kennel and muzzle him to take him out. He gets so so excited when he sees me now it’s so lovely.
I took him out with April as she mentioned above on Sunday and Kami was a little star. He walks so nicely, doesn’t pull and takes no notice of anything going on out on his walk other than the smells on the ground. He enjoyed a longer walk Sunday and Monday to what I had originally been able to give him.
When out on Sunday he went in the stream and had a little roll around. He loved it! He’s definitely not one to be afraid to get his paws dirty!
CDE2132B-40E3-4F05-A54C-0FE49CCA4713.jpeg

He has such a fluffy bum 🥰
7DBF8776-5134-44B4-88C2-8A2A822CB9A7.jpeg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Kami with Jemma today :D
B220577B-91E2-4E70-BD58-5EA060FF628F.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
RosC

Post by RosC »

I walked Kami for the first time today. Jemma got his muzzle on for me - he was SO excited to see her I don't think he cared that there was a stranger around as well!
I took him off and initially he was looking to follow Jemma but then happily came off with me for a good walk. He walks very nicely and doesn't pull. He was happy for me to stroke him although I didn't fuss him. When we went back in to the kennel he took a treat very gently after his muzzle was taken off. He has come a long way to be comfortable around me so quickly, lovely boy. thumbs.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Kami was out having his first walk with Paige this morning. They walked with Libby (Nyla) and I and Kami and Nyla got on brilliantly. Libby liked to walk ahead, Kami was happy to follow and mark everywhere Nyla had stopped and sniffed.

Janeadds63

Post by Janeadds63 »

So lovely to see Kami happy and building bonds. He is such a sweetie once you have his trust . Can’t wait to see him again 💕 Big thank you to everyone at Rescue Remedies for all the fantastic work you do.

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies Dogs”