Ursa (Honey) Akita x Mastiff DofB 01.11.16 Crawley

Dogs that have found their forever home
Hannydub

Re: Honey Akita x Mastiff DofB 01.11.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Hannydub »

Our first walk with beautiful, soppy Honey today. She is a BIG girl, but so soft and affectionate! She towered over me when she greeted me as I entered her kennel, but she was so easy to get her harness and muzzle on, (even for a shorty like me) lifting her foot to step in to her harness like a pro! Once out, she is strong but so lovely. She loved a roll in any of the grassy bits we passed (luckily not the muddy bits)!! She was very interested in getting down to check out the stream, but with the mud we have at the moment, we would have never got back up, so she was more than happy to take direction, listening to her name and changing direction when instructed. A beautiful girl.
image0.jpeg
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

We don’t get to walk Honey very often, as she is a very popular girl, but we had the absolute pleasure of taking her out today.
She really is just a lovely, gentle girl. When you enter her kennel she gives lovely bear hugs, but settles quickly to have her harness and muzzle on, which is no problem at all! She likes to be on the end of her lead, but doesn’t pull when she is just walking.
She can be strong when she sees something she’s interested in - squirrels and sometimes other dogs - but can be distracted or redirected. We even passed two horses, which she showed interest in, but we kept her moving and she didn’t react.
She really is just a big friendly girl!!
Little dip!
Little dip!
Where did Honey go?
Where did Honey go?
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

How’s Honey doing?
Stu

Post by Stu »

Honey is doing well and is happy that we can now do longer walks off road in particular across the fields which is her favourite because it offers lots of rolling opportunities. We are also able to get down to the stream and she likes nothing more than a dip followed by lots of rolling in the dirt. She walks well with other dogs and her reaction to heavy lorries is much improved although she still doesn't like them (who does?).
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I love spending time with Honey. I wish her home would find her as she is a magnificent girl who just exudes joy and it should be shared with the world!

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Here is another video of my walk with Honey. She is just awesome!

StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Heart fill with love.gif] I second that emotion! Beautiful animal. Beautiful nature.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Bathing belle
IMG_20210421_101858_resized_20210421_031042359.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I feel lucky to have got to walk Honey again on Saturday. She has always been one of my favourite gals of all time at RR. So each walk is a treat. She has changed so much in the time I have known her. She is now a mature young lady. In the paddock she loves a game of chase. I try to catch her but she is surprisingly nimble at her size, wish I could say the same thing!

EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Honey is a popular girl at the kennels but I was lucky enough to get to spend some time with this amazing on Saturday. Despite not having walked honey in quite a while she welcomed me so calmly and affectionately into her kennel. Her harness and muzzle were quickly on and without further delay we were on our way to the paddock. Honey is such a chilled out girl and she thoroughly enjoyed a nice mooch, a bit of a frisbee chase but most of all lots of cuddles and bum scratches. Honey is such a gentle girl and is a real joy to be around. After some lovely time in the paddock we headed off for a walk and a nice paddle in the stream, something which honey loves. Honey walks so well on lead but does have a high prey drive so you have to stay alert for squirrels.

I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with honey she is so laid back and would make an amazing addition to a large breed loving home.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”