Shadow Dutch Shepherd DofB 13.06.14 RRemedies Centre

Other breeds that are available for adoption
SarahW

Re: Shadow Dutch Shepherd DofB 13.06.14 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

I love my Saturday walks with Shadow. He has changed so much in the last year. He has really matured and rarely gets over-stimulated or too silly anymore. He is a real softy at heart and very affectionate for a shepherd breed. He loves strokes and is so good having a brush. I think I could brush him for a solid day and there would always be more fur!

I want to introduce him to as many walkers as possible to show them what a loving, happy boy he is.

I think people are wary of him based on how he was a long time ago. My family has had GSD when I was growing up and my brother has two now. He shares so many traits with one of my brother's dogs. He is a lively, goofbull too! thumbs.gif All of his ott behaviour in the past was due to frustration. He is an intelligent, active breed so being in kennels has frustrated him at times. There is no edge to this boy, he is just a bit misunderstood at time.

We had a lovely walk on Saturday, here is us in the woods. It doesn't show well but he was sitting on my lap at one point in the video. He will always prefer a warm lap to purch on rather than wet ground. See he is not stupid!
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Shadow can be a bit zagzag when he first starts walking but here is a vid of him once he has been walking a few minutes. love4.gif

SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I popped in after work on Tuesday to give Shadow a walk. He was a bit surprised to see me during the week I think. We had a lovely walk and Andy joined us and Shadow was more than happy to make a new friend. Good boy ShadShad!

We had some paddock time after our walk. Nothing can dampen this boy's spirit, not rain nor mud!!!

SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Yet more lovely walks with my friend Shadow. On Saturday I walked Shadow along the road a bit to see how he was near to cars. He was fine, not bothered. This is great as it will mean we can go further on future walks.

Here are some vids showing what a great dog ShadShad is. Kiss of love.gif

aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

Every time I see one of your wonderful posts about Shadow I think two things. One is to bless you (and his other fans) for your commitment to him. The other is to see Alfredo in a similar situation. If they have more in common than fabulous ears then someone is missing out on a bright, complex and thoroughly rewarding dog. Surly there's a home and a partnership out there, just waiting to happen ...
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

You are so right Peter! Shadow is exactly that - bright, complex and rewarding!!

Shadow enjoyed yesterday's sunshine!

Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

bighug.gif shadow watching you be the hippo has made my week. Hehehe so funny watching you dip into puddles like it’s your mission
Happy days in a very surreal time x
SimonF

Post by SimonF »

Shadow was overdue a visit from me so on Saturday we caught up and had a great time.

After his lovely welcome we went out for a nice long walk where rivers were jumped into and many plants and flowers were sniffed. Shadow was great and walked very well past other people out for their daily exercise following his ‘close’ instruction thumbs.gif

We saw a few dogs and as usual Shads was energised and bouncy, but this passes with more exposure to them in an out of kennel environment as he showed on his forester break with me last year.

After his walk he had a nice shower and then we spent a good hour or so in the paddock where he had his coat brushed and shared lots of cuddles and kisses while we chilled on the grass.

Shads is amazing. He will settle well and with the right guidance will show you just how brilliant he can be. For his to happen he will need a committed home where his hooman will have an understanding of the breed and the traits associated with a Dutch as Shads has many of them.

Loves ya Shads love4.gif

Rjackson

Post by Rjackson »

Had my first induction with Shadow today with James and what a great boy he is.so affectionate in the paddock, chilled boy, lots of cuddles, sit paw and down. Love him ❤️

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies Dogs”