Macey Romanian Crossbreed DofB 05.11.17 Kingston Foster

aloepeter

Re: Macey Romanian Crossbreed DofB 05.11.17 Kingston Foster

Post by aloepeter »

I've spent ages writing an update which will not post and has now been lost so just be informed that Macey is fine.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Thanks Peter xx love4.gif
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

Right ... let's try again! Very little about Macey is what you might call, 'ordinary', but that, in my humble opinion, only adds to her considerable charm. It's nine months since she arrived here and we still haven't been out for a walk. It's only as a result of her night out, "over the wall", that she now has a collar back on. That night out also showed that she has considerable stamina, a keen sense of place and some sort of attachment to me. About six weeks ago she seemed to flip the, "happy switch", and is now a waggy girl.

Macey, I've come to believe, is quite 'houndy'. If you are familiar with sighthounds you will understand how she can be very connected but remain aloof and be too dignified to misbehave but - with a core of steel - hold out for as long as it takes for what she really wants.

Here are recent some pictures and clips. You'll see the wonderful girl, of course, but also Lilya Cavalier (black and tan) on one of her visits and Alice who is a King Charles Spaniel ("a proper Charlie") and, at 11 months, very much a rescue. So it seems that Macey can live happily with (some) other bitches. Lilya has now returned home so Alice is, in her puppy way, looking to boss Macey. So far, it seems, Macey is being very tolerant. And - as we've seen from her relationship with Harpo and Zeppo - "Mother knows best!". It may, of course, be coincidence but I feel Macey is now a bit less intense about Alfredo. Just don't stand in the way when they chase each other through the garden and the house and, in Macey's case, trampoline between the sofas ...

Back in bed the (late) morning after the big night out; still with slip lead on ...
210930mae02.JPG
Macey and Alice
210930mae01.JPG

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

... waking up this morning with Macey (and Harpo 'moaning' in the background)

211011mae01.JPG
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

Oh Peter sooo lovely to see little Macey May so relaxed. She clearly feels very secure with you. All your hard work is so heart warming. She is such a clever girl, who I am not sure will never show herself completely but I think you have all that she can give. Her eyes are focused only on you even when other dogs are around . The allusive ones are the ones that leave a huge imprint in our hearts. So lovely love4.gif
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Macey is such a special little girl. Her background as a street dog from Romania means she has seen the worst that people can be, and you Peter are showing her the best. Some ex Rommies always retain a degree of independence even when they really love you, our own Oscar is an example, his licks are few and far between, and treasured greatly because of that. xxx
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

Thank you for the kind comments.

Here's Macey playing with Alice this morning (with commentary from Harpo) ...

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies dogs (Rescueremedies.co.uk)”