Macey Romanian Crossbreed DofB ?2016 Gatwick Kenns

KathrynG

Re: Macey Romanian Crossbreed DofB ?2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by KathrynG »

Macey was so excited to see me today and couldn't wait to get out for her walk - looking at me as if to say "hurry up and put my harness on!". She was noticeablely more confident once out and we got slightly further than our usual route. She's a such a sweet girl, who's improving every time I see her. Wish she could find a loving home soon.

Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

Macey greets you every time as if no one else in the world matters, she loves people but they also scare her. If she knows you the greeting is the best in the world. She is a gentle sole but nervous. She loves her walks and gains in confidence each week to venture further. The cheeky fun side of her personality is emerging. If you have a quiet home and time to support this special girl to gain her confidence she will give you so much love in return. Such a sweetheart love4.gif

KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

I've not been in for the past few sundays and so was looking foward to seeing Macey today. She was very excited when i got to her kennel. Eager for me to get her harness on and get away from the loudness of kennels and out to her comfort zone of the woods!
Today we made more progress and walked further than we've ever been, we even made it to the paddock! Was great to see her off lead having a little potter about.
Yes she's still wary and little things can spook her but with patience, reassurance and quite a few sausages she's definitely gaining confidence and enjoys her walks more and more.
I agree that her personality is coming out - she's such a lovely friendly girl when she is relaxed and trusts you. In a quiet home with patient owners she will be a lovely addition. Kiss of love.gif

KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

Macey looking quite relaxed!
Attachments
20200223_113030_opt.jpg
20200223_120056_opt.jpg

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Macey was really happy to see me after my week away and we had lots of fusses before her harness went on. She does dance around a bit on her lead for me, so I suggested we practise walking in a straight line occasionally! Macey seemed to welcome some fussing today so went to the very muddy paddock so we could sit on the benches there and have some quiet fussing. It was wonderful to see this little girl calm down and respond so well to gentle strokes. She was much calmer on the second half of our outing and verging on relaxed back in her kennel. Such a sweet girl. love4.gif

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Macey walked so well today, she greeted me with her usual enthusiasm, and was much calmer on her walk. We even ventured out to the lane, and when she wanted to get back to the security of the rescue grounds we just turned around. Macey waits and looks up at you now for both treats and cuddles, she has come so far from the shivering shaking little girl in the corner of her kennel I first met. :smiley-chores002.gif:

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Macey is coming on so well. She needs a quiet home with people who have a lot of patience but who will also give her an active life style. She’s a nervy little girl, but so affectionate when she relaxes with you and she loves to be cuddled and fussed now. Macey deserves to be cherished and to experience real joy in her life.

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I took Macey into the paddock today and saw a different dog! Gone was the nervous little girl, starting at unusual sounds, trying to avoid other people, and not really being happy on a lead. Instead I had a speed merchant, happy, playful and fast! Not surprised about the fast, I did say earlier on that I felt that in the right home, once the bonds were there and she felt secure, she would be amazing at FlyBall, and I am still sure that she would excel. I threw a nice new tennis ball for her and after a few circuits of running just for fun, she decided to play with it, dropping it at my feet as she flew past, and chasing happily when I threw it again. I swear she was laughing at me! She was also very good at coming to me to have her leads put back on to return to the kennel. So, Macey would love a home that has a large secure garden she can run around in, whilst she learns to love and trust her new family (she so wants to love people, all she needs to learn is that you won't hurt her, and she'll learn that quickly), and whilst she learns to be more confident walking on a lead. It has made me so happy to see her like this in the paddock, I am still smiling at the memory. :smiley-bounce016.gi:

KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

Totally agree Jan, I've taken Macey to the paddock for the past two Sundays and it's like she has a new lease of life!
So lovely to see her run free and she seems to lose all that worry when she's in there. I also think she'd great at flyball.
love4.gif

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Macey and I have had a lovely few walks recently ending up in the paddock for a free run around and a cuddle. This little girl is calming down so very well now when on a lead and absolutely loves to run around you in the paddock. This week she actually almost brought the tennis ball back to me!! When I sit on the grass with her she comes and settles beside me. I really do believe that little Macey could be ready for her forever home. She does need a quiet environment and people who will take the time to let her build her confidence. She does seem to like other dogs but I think calmer ones to help settle her nerves. She is very pretty, very fast and very affectionate once she knows you, but it is once she knows you, so please, be prepared to give this little one time. love4.gif
Attachments
8037B984-FEF6-445B-B36D-76EBE7173A2B.jpeg
1243BB81-7C20-41AC-A4A5-FC6375533CD7.jpeg
6846CA4D-E6A6-4BE2-8471-875ECE86A7DF.jpeg

Return to “Our Outstanding Other Dogs (Rescueremedies.co.uk)”