Louie Collie x DofB 01.07.15 Bucks Temp Foster`

nada.c

Re: Louie Collie x DofB 01.07.15 Guildford Kenns

Post by nada.c »

Today Louie enjoyed walking alongside a new friend, Steve. Through his relaxed body language, Louie is showing us how far he’s come when meeting new people, especially men. So proud of Louie’s progress ☺️👏

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
We love walking our kennel dogs! If you'd like to volunteer too:
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/

Tamsin

Post by Tamsin »

Today, I brought my husband along to walk with Louie and safe to say, it was love at first sight! Louie leaned right into Steve from the outset, was relaxed and happy walking next to him. And he even kept shoving his head between Steve’s legs for a sneaky head scratch!
We met a couple of RR dogs out on our walk, and Louie was calm and relaxed throughout.
3E19DF52-0806-4029-8C31-3C7E97218AF0.jpeg
2D27D1C4-8C52-471F-850A-7886DDEB5D64.jpeg
0453FB02-6F9D-49AA-B6D8-BEA9D05FF836.jpeg
3E19DF52-0806-4029-8C31-3C7E97218AF0.jpeg

pits

Post by pits »

Here's a little clip of Louie filmed by volunteer Mel:

Broomstick

Post by Broomstick »

This is Louie on our recent trip to Yogis field in Rake. He is more confident on our trips now and is happy to roam a little further, a friendly call though and he is back by my side with a huge smile on his face. He is good in the car and knows just where he is going on a Wednesday. I love spending time with Louie he is a joy to watch and interact with, and has now learnt to retrieve a tennis ball, add this to his list of skills and you have a talented happy dog who loves to cuddle and to please. I do hope he gets noticed soon and is able to spend this Christmas in a loving home.

pits

Post by pits »

From volunteer Mel: "This is lovely Louie meeting my daughter Zoe, he has made quite a few new friends lately and is always happy to say hello"

pits

Post by pits »

Louie is available for adoption! He had another little outing this week where he could stretch his legs, we also took some new photos of him. As always even though he could run around, he often stayed near to us as he loves the people who he knows and loves getting attention.
louie small.jpg

Rosiemae173

Post by Rosiemae173 »

C4926F2B-17FA-4D74-9456-DD126414C58A.jpeg
Oh Louie.... just look at that gorgeous face!!
We had a Photoshoot in the paddock the other day (after five minutes of zoomies) and I just wanted to share with you how beautiful he is.
4D08E8A9-0A9C-4FCE-AB37-DC022D42803A.jpeg
Louie has come on in leaps and bounds since I’ve known him, and I have no doubt that he will thrive in a home. He’s such an intelligent dog that loves to spend time with people, but he needs the right person that can help him to gain confidence around ‘scary things’
Please give Louie a chance, I can promise you won’t regret it.

Rosiemae173

Post by Rosiemae173 »

7.jpg
The lovely Louie came for a little foster break with me last weekend, all I can say is he was an absolute dream in the home. When I arrived he was left in the sitting room for a little while whilst I brought my things in and he made no noise, no commotion and waited patiently to see me. he was so excited and came and sat himself down on the sofa with me for cuddles.
10.jpg
Louie loves to look out the window and keep watch, I think he would spend all day in the garden if he could. his toilet training is brilliant, as I expected there to be at least one accident but there was none at all. also, when I sat down and had something to eat Louie came over to my plate to investigate what I had. All I had to say was 'ah ah' and Louie went and laid down on the other side of the table.
I think he considers himself human, as when we went to bed he took up at least half of it 0002.gif]
8.jpg
He slept so well. in fact, most of what he did at the weekend was sleep so I think he really needed the rest!
12.jpg
Louie likes to be close to you so he enjoys sitting on the sofa and on the bed. sometimes he'll go and have a nap on the floor but I often found that if he couldn't see me he would keep popping his head up to check what I was doing. It did take a little while for him to settle in, on the first day he followed me absolutely everywhere. even to the toilet! however after his first night he began to relax and I could go and make a cup of tea whilst he napped on the sofa. My mum also popped by on Saturday night, and I thought this might be a challenge as Louie has not yet experienced (that we know of) someone else coming into his home. but my goodness, he was an absolute tart! he pushed his bum into my mum for scratches and sat next to her on the sofa for cuddles. here is a photo that she took of him:
6.jpg
Louie had been for a long walk with Mel in the morning, however at around 6:30 he was slightly restless so we just had a quick ten minute walk and once he was back in he rested for the night.
muzzle.jpg
Louie does need a muzzle when he's out on his walks, just because he finds some things scary such as other dogs and people running past so it keeps himself and others safe in those situations. however, if Louie is placed in a secure field he loves to have time off without his muzzle so he can sniff (all the yucky things) and give his humans kisses. please don't let his muzzling put you off, as he's happy enough with it on when he's walking.
1.jpg
Overnight he slept next to me the entire time, he was out like a log! and ready to get up at around 8:30 where we went and had some tea and toast before heading out for another long walk. I'm sure the other walkers will agree when I say he's lovely to walk. when out and about he will usually walk with a slack lead that's attached to his harness and collar and if we see anything that could be exciting and/ or scary for Louie such as an off lead dog, He's happy to pull aside, sit and eat his biscuits while giving them plenty of room to walk past. I just am still completely baffled as to why Louie hasn't found a home yet (he's easier to handle then mine!) Please do consider giving him a chance, and remember if you are not necessarily sure which dog suits you and your lifestyle, the homing team can recommend a dog to you or you can even start out as a volunteer walker for RR like me.
13.jpg

pits

Post by pits »

Louie had a great weekend trip away from kennels to get some relaxing time in. He was honestly such a perfect dog in the home, he never put a foot wrong once and was so well mannered and polite. Do consider Louie

Tamsin

Post by Tamsin »

I’ve been walking Louie for more than a year now and on that time I’ve seen him grow and blossom in confidence.
I walked him yesterday in the glorious sunshine and we met and encountered several things which in the past would have worried him. They were joggers, men walking and two dogs just out of sight who were barking at each other. He gave an ear twitch at the dogs, but no reaction AT ALL to any of the other triggers, and was more interested in walking with me than pulling towards the barking dogs.
Once Louie really trusts his walker to keep him safe, the rewards are amazing.
He is one fantastic dog

Return to “Our Outstanding Other Dogs (Rescueremedies.co.uk)”