Rocky AmBulldog DofB 08.08.15 RRemedies Centre

Bulldogs that are available for adoption
xxlynne

Rocky AmBulldog DofB 08.08.15 RRemedies Centre

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
rocky3DSCF0951a.jpg
Rocky's Story: Rocky joined his second family at 5 months old as apparently not coping with children. He lived with the man living with his mother. He and Rocky moved into new accommodation and was kept separate from meeting the girlfriend. Gradually befriended but then baby on its way and so couldn't find anyone to take him so tried to book him to be put to sleep. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Rocky is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Rocky is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
rocky1DSCF0947a.jpg
rocky4DSCF0952.jpg
rocky5DSCF0956a.jpg
Rocky's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
SarahW

Re: Rocky AmBulldog DofB 08.08.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

Rocky is a stunning boy. I have been saying hello to him through his kennel door. He loves sausages. I hope to get to know him better as he settles more at RR. love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

I have also only met Rocky briefly - I couldn't really miss him as he popped up at his "window" to say hello while I was at the whiteboards today!

He's very handsome boy and seems extremely good-natured, taking a couple of treats very nicely indeed. It's hard to make a proper assessment on such a brief meeting, but I think he's going to prove to be yet another smasher!

I look forward to walking you soon Rocky.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I accompanied Paige and Rocky on a walk on Saturday and what a gorgeous boy he is. Rocky seemed very happy for me to tag along, I think largely because he knew I had treats. 0002.gif]. Rocky walks well on lead and was very responsive to all the requests Paige asked of him. He does have a way to go and he still prefers a hands off approach so no touching or fussing yet but Rocky is learning that humans can be nice and good to have around and hopefully slowly he will come to realise that cuddles are good too. For now though I'm very happy to take things at Rocky's pace and to follow Paige's guidance so we can get this lovely boy ready for his forever home
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

Myself and Matt have joined Paige/Anna on several walks with Rocky these past few weeks and we have really enjoyed getting to know this gorgeous boy.
We started making friends through his kennel window, where he pops up whenever someone walks past, and happily takes treats!
Even on our first walk he was unbothered by our presence, and happy for us to tag along. He really does love his walks and being out and about, so as long as we can keep up, it’s fine by him.
Rocky just loves treats! And luckily he is a very good catch! So that is helpful to keep his attention on you when passing people/dogs/crossing the road, although Rocky does not seem to react to any of these things.
He has a very strong bond with both Paige and Anna, and we can see how hard they have worked with him. He has a hand signal to say ‘enough’ treats, settle him back down and focus his attention back on the walk. (Those yummy treats can be a bit exciting, especially when there are two new friends who also have a pocket full each!).
He is a strong boy, but really is just excited to be out and does like to stop to sniff as well.
It is a hands off approach with Rocky at this moment in time, but he is friendly and smiley and seems to enjoy having some extra company on his walks!
Looking forward to making even more progress on our walks with this happy happy boy!

907865E8-3D91-46C8-B9D4-8B9D21CFACF3.jpeg
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

Today was our first solo walk with Rocky! He does enjoy being out and about, he is quite fast-paced, but will take time to sniff as well. He doesn’t mind traffic passing by, he will happily stand to the side to catch some treats! thumbs.gif
He does like a little nosey in the park as we pass, particularly at the basketball court!
We passed RubyTues, who was on the other side of the road with her walker, Rocky looked at her then looked straight at me ready for the ‘distraction’ treats! roflmao.gif
He is a happy boy, who likes to be around people, but with his own space, and we are happy to give him the time and space he needs.

8826E54E-25F5-43D7-86F2-DFC29EBF2A62.jpeg
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

Rocky was a very happy boy today. Glad to be out and about, he was ready from the get go!
As mentioned, Rocky doesn’t pay much attention to people, traffic or dogs when out, but if you need to distract him he’ll already be eagerly awaiting treats! thumbs.gif
We can see him relax with us on each walk, his pace is slowing and he is listening and responding to us much more - without the use of instant treats! 0077.gif

AFDE4B3E-E911-429A-96E7-9D801A88CD94.jpeg
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

It’s been a couple of weeks since we last walked Rocky, so we were very happy to be able to get down to walk him today! The feeling seemed to be mutual and off we went with a burst of excitement to start.
Although Rocky can be strong, it’s usually just from excitement and he definitely calmed down earlier during today’s walk - even walking to heel for the last half! bravo1.gif
Even though it had been a while since we walked him, it didn’t seem to have any affect on him at all, in fact he seemed even more relaxed and comfortable with us being close by (though still no contact).
He is always so happy to be out, and I think he is really starting to show us the real Rocky, and he is a fabulous boy! thumbs.gif

0366149C-9070-48F0-AA98-B8D99EAC1A4D.jpeg
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

Today we passed horses, dogs, bikes and cars and Rocky was brilliant for all of them.
Easily moved over to one side and happy to catch some treats as each went passed.
He took particular interest in the horse, but that might have been because it snuck up behind us and we almost didn’t have time to move out of the way!!
On our way back Rocky found a ball, and felt it was his duty to return it, so he carried it back to the kennel grounds and as soon as it was safely back within the grounds, he placed it on the floor and moved on 0002.gif]
Rocky is definitely becoming more relaxed around us, he walks very nicely, barely pulling, and gets close to us. We are still hands off with him, but he is now very tolerant of us clipping and unclipping his leads. thumbs.gif
Every now and then he has a burst of excitement on his walk and does a little run - it only lasts a few steps, but it’s so cute and playful! :dog_running-186.gif:

B8DAEDDD-55B2-4ABF-AAED-001B5200AE86.jpeg
Mrees94

Post by Mrees94 »

Surprisingly, this is my first post on Rocky (Rebecca has been doing them for me). We’ve had the pleasure of getting to know Rocky over the past 3/4months and what a lovely boy he is. Now when we arrive at the Kennel, Rocky knows he’s going out!

Over the past few months, Paige & Anna have been getting Rocky out of his Kennel whilst we’ve been getting to know each other. The last couple of times, Rocky has let me into his Kennel with Paige giving him treats on the outside and today, he let me in with Rebecca giving treats for the first time, I clipped on his leads and off we went. bravo1.gif Once out of the Kennel, Rocky loves his walks and being out & about. Throughout his walks, he takes his time to sniff and eat grass along the way. He also has sudden bursts of excitement and runs from behind to the end of his leads......it’s so cute. roflmao.gif

We are still taking things very slowly with Rocky, but I feel like he’s starting to trust us more and more each week, not reacting to his leads or trailing lead being put on. He’s becoming a part of my weekend routine and I look forward to getting to know him more and more. positivo1.gif

Return to “Our Brilliant Bulldogs”