Jack Staffie DofB ?2010 - 8th July 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
anne

Re: Jack Staffie DofB ?2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Jack continues to enjoy his daily walk/patrol around the grounds, checking everyone and everything is OK. Georgie, the resident cat, is getting ever more bold and rolling around on the ground in front of Jack to tease him. Jack is gradually learning to just observe and then walk away. Good boy, Jack. Sometimes Jack does try and stick his cute, inquisitive snout where he shouldn't and yesterday he tried very hard to get into the back gate of the cattery. The wood on the gate is green from algae and the result was ........
busted!
busted!
anne

Post by anne »

Just a video of Jack out for a walk. BUT this is special because Jack has been reluctant to leave the grounds and go for a walk recently but yesterday he strolled out, confident, happy, tail wagging, ears flapping, and choosing his own path. Initially following Honey and Bernie but then diverting off to chose his own route. thumbs.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Lovely walk in the sunshine around the grounds with Jack yesterday. He doesn't want to go far but enjoys what he does.
anne

Post by anne »

In his daily walks/inspection around the site, Jack always looks for Georgie the cat. He is very interested in Georgie who is a confident cat who stands his ground. I have been working with Jack to calm his advances and we have been getting closer with less reaction and he will now walk away calmly once he has checked him out. He still could not be trusted but it is a work in progress.
jack120220413_101940a.jpg
jack220220413_101932a.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Special boy love4.gif
jack20220414_103512.jpg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

What a fab photo Anne, well done. I had my usual gentle amble around the grounds with Jack today, although the sun was shining and the air was definitely warm, so we had the occasional speed up, which was delightful to watch, Jack has such a cocky walk and it all gets exaggerated when he goes faster thumbs.gif
RosC

Post by RosC »

Jack was again enjoying the nice weather today and I got barked at several times whilst I was collecting his things to get ready to go out.
We walked through the woods and the usual inspection of the premises and even had a little run thumbs.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Yesterday Jack did his inspection of the grounds, had a play and a run in the paddock and then when he headed back to the car park to see if there was anyone around potentially with some food to share, he saw Scooby heading off for a walk and decided he was up for an adventure today, so followed. He was very happy trotting along behind Scooby but after a walk through the woods we parted company and Jack and I headed to the stream. Jack enjoyed a paddle and then headed back. We met Chelsey out for her walk and Jack knew she was an RR dog, so was relaxed and cool with her. So he then happily walked back with his new friend Chelsey. What a fantastic walk.
jack1DSCF7743.jpg
jack2DSCF7745.jpg
jack3DSCF7746.jpg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I can't decide if Jack loves or hates the cat, but I suspect it is love. Whatever it borders on the obsessive and a lot of yesterday was spent stalking Georgie!!! 0002.gif] at least it meant we were out for a nice length of time in the sunshine :biggrin.gif:
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Jack had a positive spring in his step today, I think the warmer weather helps his arthritis, we had a lovely stroll around the grounds, inspecting the various works going on, and Jack indulged in a couple of nice rolls in the grass, particularly just where he could wind BeauBeau up! He is a pickle 0002.gif]

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”