Kami Akita x Staffie DofB 14.04.13 RRemedies Centre

Other breeds that are available for adoption
Jojokate

Re: Kami Akita x Staffie DofB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jojokate »

Well done Jemma, lovely to see kami growing in confidence.
anne

Post by anne »

It is so lovely to see Kami enjoying his walks and he is such an easy boy to walk with. Kami wags his tail and squirms with delight when he sees Jemma coming to get him ready for his walk. He is then happy to head off with other walkers and he is such a calm relaxed boy once out. He is a slow walker because he makes the most of being out and enjoys the chance to amble and sniff. He passes other dogs really politely unless they start making a fuss and shouting at him, in which case he gives them a quick telling off before returning his attention to his walk and sniffing.
DSCF3137.jpgkami.jpg
DSCF3149.jpgkami.jpg
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Hope Kami is doing ok? Lovely to see trust has been gained
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

So Geoff walked Kami for the second time today, ( he walked him last week) Gemma brought him out, Geoff watched her putting his muzzle on and said Kami will let Gemma do anything with him, the trust she has built up with this anxious boy is wonderful. Geoff is keen to earn Kami’s trust too. Geoff and Kami then set off and had a lovely walk. They had a 50% success rate with the dogs they met, Kami ignored one and objected to another! Kami is not that big, and with time and everyone’s help hopefully he will overcome his trust issues and understand there are lots of people who truly care for him and about him. :crossfingers.gif:
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Kami is a troubled boy who finds it very difficult to trust people but our superstar Jemma has been honoured to gain Kami’s unwavering trust and affection. As she was at the kennels yesterday I offered to take Kami for a nice walk and a dip in the stream (his favourite thing). I have walked Kami a few times and so for him he seemed rather happy to see me as Jemma handed him over, perhaps because he knew I’d have sausages. I actually enjoy walking Kami, he’s an easy walk, no pulling although he does love to sniff and if you try to walk on before he’s ready he will stand firm 😀. Half way through the walk I took Kami to the stream and he was definitely a happy boy.
Wallowing like a hippo
Wallowing like a hippo
Ok I’m done now
Ok I’m done now
He waded straight in and just laid down and it was so obvious he was loving it. When he was ready we slowly headed back to the kennels. It breaks my heart to think about what humans must have done to poor Kami to make him so untrusting but I live in hope that one day he will realise we are not all bad and that we can be trusted.
Jude&Alf

Re: Kami Akita x Staffie DofB 14.04.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jude&Alf »

It was so very hot yesterday and Kami has a big old fluffy coat so we headed out early for our walk.
Kami was just the perfect walking companion, it really was such a joy to see Kami relishing every moment of his walk love4.gif
After a false start, he really didn't want to leave the safety of his best pal Jemma, but we got going and Kami soon realised that all was good. He was just the perfect walking companion, cool and calm and happy just having a good old sniff, I swear I saw him literally sniff a single blade of grass! Kami loves the steam, we visited it twice as it was so hot and he's a bit of a wallower.
So pleased that Kami seemed happy in my company and he was joy to spend time with Kiss of love.gif
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I am getting to know Kami and it is really worth it. I think he is a lovely boy who is a long road to learning to trust people. But he has already made friends along the way.

Here he is in the paddock with Buzz in the other paddock. So lovely to see him carefree.

Jemma took Kami to the stream in her lunch break so he could enjoy a dunk!

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff was lucky enough to walk Kami yesterday as Jemma was in and able to muzzle him. Geoff is very keen to earn Kami’s trust, as he would love to be able to walk him more often. Kami really enjoys his walk and is such an easy walk too. He loves the water, and isn’t at all bothered by his muzzle. It is absolutely wonderful to see his reaction when he sees Jemma, his whole body wiggles in greeting. Hopefully, God willing, we will gradually see that reaction with other people as he learns to trust more. love4.gif
Fional

Post by Fional »

I walked Kami yesterday afternoon, once I could tear him away and take his mind off Jemma! winkwink.gif . A little encouragement and he was just great to walk. Takes little notice of what's going on around and happy to sniff. Went round a corner and a golden retriever was off lead. In fact the owner didn't have a lead on him. Kami wasn't bothered. We changed direction and carried on. Look forward to the next time love4.gif Fiona
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Kami was having a lovely time wallowing in a puddle last Saturday whilst out with his friend Jemma. Too late to catch it on video though. love4.gif

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies Dogs”