Kami Akita x Staffie DofB 14.04.13 RRemedies Centre

Other breeds that are available for adoption
Karen25

Re: Kami Akita x Staffie DofB 14.04.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Karen25 »

Just look at the Kami smile love4.gif . He is always so happy when he is with you both. Love this boy!
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Oh wow so amazing to see Kami so happy on his holibobs love4.gif. He really is a lovely boy and so laid back and well mannered on his walks. Hopefully one day his special person will find him and whisk him away :crossfingers.gif:
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

Last walk of the day was the majestic Kami. I love that he knows his own mind and any affection he shares is always on his terms. Today he fancied a different route to our normal one, which was nice. He is such a lad. Any male dog bigger than him and he has to strut or give a grumble to. He ignores smaller dogs but never ignores a lady. That Kami smile comes out then. He saviours every blade of grass when he is out on his walk , which makes each walk special. Just like he is.
HelenR

Post by HelenR »

I have some wonderful videos of Kami trotting happily through the woods and meadows as well as some photos of him having a great time paddling in the river posing as his alter-ego 'Swampy'! However, I can't remember how to upload them so apologies, you will have to imagine them!
The lovely Kami has in recent weeks accepted me into his small circle of trust and I feel so privileged to be able to now go into his kennel and be greeted so enthusiastically. I can now put his muzzle on and put him back after his walk - obviously he looks forward to a treat then for being such a good boy! This is a huge step for Kami - he has come so far in trusting people and it is so rewarding to see him looking so excited and happy.
My Sunday walks with Kami tend to last about 1-2 hrs and have 3 stages. Stage 1 we mooch around the grounds so Kami can be thoroughly nosy and check out everything going on, before venturing forth for a proper walk either through the woods or starting off down the lane (Stage 2). Kami loves a sniffy walk, catching up on everything he's missed since his last outing. If you have enough time for stage 3 then this is when he has had enough of sniffing and is now keen to explore new routes at a surprisingly quick pace! Recently we found a new route through the woods to the meadows and a different route back again (OK we got a bit lost...) - Kami was in his element, rolling around in the long grass and trotting ahead along the paths. I look forward to our next adventure!
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

You can’t tempt us like that with the talk of videos!
See this link for easy to follow instructions to upload them. :crossfingers.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Kami went walking with little Trevor and sweetheart Marina today - he was such a good boy :D
1B0B27B9-5203-4447-87C1-58BE4F0E60B7.jpeg
B0DA1840-B184-460D-92F3-E0AE64335B88.jpeg
385F6301-B0C9-4954-A5EB-E9B9D3282F34.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

Kami decided yesterday was bath day. So we trotted to the stream. It was shallow and warm enough to have a lie in. We wondered for a while until he came to another part of the stream and in he went again. Once out we sniffed our way through the shade of the woods and yes on to another dip. He is a lovely clean boy now! 0002.gif]
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

I knew I could rely on Kami wanting to go out despite the rain. We spent a good hour out, always with him choosing the route. He came across two off lead dogs and was perfectly behaved when they came to say hello. With the rain on the grass there was lots of rolling and a very soggy boy. He is a water boy.That Kami smile was out for all to see. love4.gif
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Kami let me and Cody tag along partway of his walk with Karen yesterday. This helped Cody and gave him more confidence on his walk so thanks Kami! thumbs.gif

Kami does have the cutest wiggle on his walk and obviously adored Karen so it was lovely to follow on behind!
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

Kami refused his breakfast to go for a walk this morning. We had a lovely long leisurely walk and two river dips. The first of which I think was a little deeper than Kami had expected 0002.gif] . Whilst in the wood a golden lab approach off of the lead. Kami usually is fine with most other dogs but you never know. However he took a liking to this boy. The lab came for a closer sniff and Kami did a play bow. He cried when I wouldn’t let him play so had to compensate with sausage and another stop at the river.

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies Dogs”