Clint (Carl) DDB x Staffie DofB 08.05.19 Cheam

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Clint (Carl) DDB x Staffie DofB 08.05.19 Cheam

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
carl1DSCF3375a.jpg
Carl's Story: Carl was found abandoned and unclaimed within a London council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Carl is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Carl was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
carl2DSCF3362a.jpg
carl3DSCF3373.jpg
carl4DSCF3352a.jpg
carl5DSCF3348.jpg
carl6DSCF3358.jpg
Carl's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Carl was found stray with a broken leg and skull fracture. There was evidence of previous skull fractures and damage. Carl has a scar right around his jaw which shows he has been wired up and used for a bait dog. Carl is not aggressive and has a very submission temperament. This would have been firstly why he was chosen in a dog fighting ring to be baited. It is also a further result of the assaults he has suffered by his charges and hyped dogs. He only ever offers love.

Carl is being treated by his vet weekly for his leg...the Tibia was broken supported with a ridged bandage to protect and provide stability and support.

Carl came into our Rescue on the 21st July 2021
anne

Re: Carl Staffie x DofB 08.05.19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Everyone at RR who has encountered Carl has fallen for him. He is a bundle of love. His past is behind, his future will be filled with love and fun and joy. And he is a joy. He is so happy in the company of people. He snuggles up as close as he can get, with the biggest, happiest smile. He loves going out for a walk, exploring, sniffing, grateful for your time and attention. Carl seems good around other dogs, I think he just wants to play. He is desperate to be recovered so he can run and play- not long now big boy.
IMG-20210724-WA0003.jpg
carl7DSCF3349.jpg
carl8DSCF3351.jpg
carl9DSCF3356.jpg
EmmaNicole

Re: Carl Staffie x DofB 08.05.19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by EmmaNicole »

Carl is one of the those dogs that makes you feel truly humble. Despite the appalling way in which humans have treated he still had the capacity to forgive, trust and love. As Anne says Carl is the happiest boy and just wants to cuddles and love. We could all learn a lesson from this amazing boy and I'm sure there is going to be a long line of volunteers waiting to spend time with him whilst he is with us.

Like Anne I can't wait to be able to see this boy fully healed and enjoying life to the full Kiss of love.gif
Jude&Alf

Re: Carl DDB x Staffie DofB 08.05.19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jude&Alf »

Such beautiful photos of an amazing dog love4.gif
I am so looking forward to meeting you Carl, so happy that you are here with us, safe now and only love and kindness for you sweet boy Kiss of love.gif
RosC

Post by RosC »

Carl was,a very good boy today. He patiently waited for me to tie on his boot to cover his bandage and off he went for a walk.
Like everyone has said he has a wonderful friendly nature which given his life so far is amazing and shows what a fantastic character he is.
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

poor baby .
Onward and upwards beautiful boy , you’re in safe hands with RR. You will only know love and cuddles from now on
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I met Carl today and yes, I fell for him too! No surprises there, he is just the most adorable, good natured boy you could meet. We had a little amble about, and I found him very connected,responsive and willing to please, bless his heart. Not a bad bone in his body, and I just hate whoever did this to him. He was not reactive to any of the dogs surprisingly, after what has happened to him. On return to his kennel, I faffed around trying to get the dreaded cone back on for ages, and he just sat looking up at me with his big soppy face love4.gif He will get a lovely home because he is a smasher!
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Carl visits his vets every week and is welcomed like the celebrity he is. Yesterday his bandage was removed and his wounds cleaned and the decision made to leave the bandage off and allow the air to complete the healing on his wounds.
He still must adorn his buster collar at all times when not CLOSELY supervised. The times he has been getting at his bandage/ wounds is when walked off buster collar and concentration lapses by the walkers. He also is a contortionist and has demonstrated he can actually attend to his bandage if he getting in just the right position!... Hence the bandage now removed and we're going for faster healing and 2x daily cleaning.

His fracture (Tibia back left) is still fragile so whilst he needs to pass weight through his leg helps the healing he must not jump down on to for the next few weeks.

Such a love bug. Very occasionally he gets worried by certain people a little of his past comes back...
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I had an enthusiastic and friendly welcome again from the gorgeous Carl today. He is such a cuddly bear, I could hug him and hug him bighug.gif
Carl was very excited to get out of his kennel and dragged me to the car park. He was pully for a while, and I was trying to slow him down, being mindful of his leg. After a bit, he calmed down and walked nicely. He hasn't had much lead training and can be very strong but he is so sweet, he does listen and I managed to get him to walk more slowly most of the time. He is limping a bit and when we stopped for more cuddles, he held his leg up a few times, so i think he is getting used to using it again, but needs to take it slowly. Back in his kennel, I waited (all of 10 seconds) while he ate his food, before putting his cone back on. No guardiness over food and he didn't mind me being there. After, he was straight on his back, for tummy rubs. He is just the most darling dog love4.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Annette9

Post by Annette9 »

Anne introduced me to this loveable, bouncy boy today, despite his injuries we headed out for a brisk walk down the lanes. Carl is full of life and has a happy go lucky vibe about him- his big smile says it all. We finished our walk with cuddles, he will be one of my regular walks.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”