Kami Akita x Staffie DofB 14.04.13 Gatwick Kenns

Please follow our dogs progress that are not ready for re homing.
NO HOMING QUESTIONNAIRES WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR DOGS IN THIS SECTION.
geoffcase

Re: Kami Akita x Staffie DofB 14.04.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by geoffcase »

I walked Kami today. He took several treats, had some cuddles, than stood still while his muzzle was put on.
We had a lovely unhurried long walk; lots of sniffing and checking things out, gradually working our way to the stream where he had a swim/play in the water. He did object to one passing dog, but not the other 3!!!!!
Kami is easy and fun to walk and is a lovely boy.
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

I couldn’t walk Kami last week but Anna kindly muzzled him for me today. I was privileged to be given one of Kami’s special cuddles as a hello. When this boy learns to trust you he give you his heart. You do however have to take him to the river and both go in and have a splash around to earn it! So love my Kami time love4.gif
geoffcase

Post by geoffcase »

Kami was a poppet today. We had a lovely play and a few treats before the muzzle was put on, then a gentle walk via the stream where Kami had a swim and play. He was very well behaved with passing dogs and had a happy time out and about.
geoffcase

Post by geoffcase »

Kami was such a good boy yesterday. I even got licks after our pre-walk cuddle!!!
We had a long walk and passed several other dogs - no noise or aggression, some interest/sometimes ignored them.
Walks with Kami are always fairly slow affairs as he likes to take his time and sniff everything - why not, it is his walk.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I had the pleasure of Kami’s company for a lovely sniffathon round the wood yesterday. Kami unfortunately struggles to trust people but over time we have built up a solid bond and he is always happy to go for a nice long walk. Kami is so good on his lead, no pulling, just gentle trotting along with frequent stops to sniff and usually leave his mark for the next dog 0002.gif]

Kami can be quite an affectionate lad in his own way and he likes to stop from time to time and circle back in for a quick fuss before carrying on.

Despite his nerves Kami is one of my favourite buddy’s and I really hope that one day his special human comes along and offers him the security he’s seeking 😍
geoffcase

Post by geoffcase »

Kami was such a good boy today. We had a lovely long walk, he was very well behaved passing other dogs, and really enjoyed the scents and scenery.
We had several cuddles and he really enjoyed his treat on the return to the kennel.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Kami is blossoming into a rather chilled out dude. He is really enjoying his walks these days and happily walks with many of his kennel mates, yesterday was Tigga’s turn. Kami does have trust issues and you have to respect his boundaries but once he trusts you he is actually rather affectionate. He now comes to me when out walking for fusses and leans into me showing his enjoyment. Kami is super respectful of the leads and plods along on slack leads stopping frequently to take in the smells and leave his mark. Kami will need super special humans who will take the time to learn all his quirks but hopefully one day he will be ready to have a home to call his own. love4.gif
geoffcase

Post by geoffcase »

I walked Kami again today. He was extremely happy and loving when I entered the kennel. We soon had the muzzle on and went for a long, gentle walk. He was a star passing several other dogs and we had a most civilised time together. Kami is ready for his forever home.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I followed this lovely bushy tail for a nice long walk yesterday- he was in his element as one of his fave people Paige was in front walking Jasper ! It was so funny when Paige gave Jasper a little cuddle to give him reassurance it was the only time Kami became vocal ! ‘Me, me’ he was saying !
30F38350-6941-4BBB-9E1A-71A9FFD963CA.jpeg
Lovely walk :0)
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs in Rehab prepping for homing......”