Final Total from the Farewell Fete

Nurse Flo

Final Total from the Farewell Fete

Post by Nurse Flo »

Apologies that all previous posts about the Farewell Fete and photos from the day have disappeared but we had a glitch!

For those that missed this the first time round -

A HUGE thank you to those who supported our Farewell to Guildford Kennels Fete.
To those of you that made stuff, donated stuff and/ or braved the atrocious weather to attend on the day and bought stuff we are very grateful to you.

It was wonderful to see so many RR supporters and especially lovely to see the ex Guildford RR dogs who came along to show off their fabulous new lives!

The day was of course tinged with sadness as it is the end of an era with the Guildford kennels closing. So many doggy lives have been saved because they had a place of safety to go to at Guildford.

Onwards we march however and we hope that you special people will continue to support us even though we have moved a few miles down the road.

We made a very impressive £1233.30 on the day every penny of which will go to helping more dogs find their happy ever after.
bravo1.gif wheyhey.gif bravo1.gif wheyhey.gif bravo1.gif wheyhey.gif bravo1.gif bravo1.gif
Stu

Re: Final Total from the Farewell Fete

Post by Stu »

Great total and many thanks to all concerned, in particular, to whoever baked the lovely cake I purchased on the day. We look forward to welcoming Guildford walkers at Gatwick.
gsdlover

Post by gsdlover »

Amazing amount....well done all x
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Sounds like everyone worked incredibly hard and it really shows in the amazing amount raised thumbs.gif
Wish I'd been able to make it, the cake sounds particularly good 😊
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

I had the pleasure of coming away from the fete with a lot of the unsold stuff (we did have rather a lot to begin with). So I set up a little shop in my hallway and posted on Facebook Marketplace.
I've managed to sell quite a lot and raised £286, which I will pay in now.
If you are in the Basingstoke area, and need any doggy bits n bobs, then I do still have a a fair bit.

I probably could have sold more coats, but I don't know where they ended up. Who has them?
Sale.jpg
Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

lucyloo wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:57 am I had the pleasure of coming away from the fete with a lot of the unsold stuff (we did have rather a lot to begin with). So I set up a little shop in my hallway and posted on Facebook Marketplace.
I've managed to sell quite a lot and raised £286, which I will pay in now.
If you are in the Basingstoke area, and need any doggy bits n bobs, then I do still have a a fair bit.

I probably could have sold more coats, but I don't know where they ended up. Who has them?

Sale.jpg
Well done to all, that's wonderful :smiley-bounce016.gi: thumbs.gif

Do you think the small beds would be suitable for cats? I now volunteer at a local cat sanctuary here in Wales so they would be useful .....
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Yes the small ones are good for cats, actually I think some are cat beds. I'm near Basingstoke though. Might do a car boot or something.

Return to “Guildford Farewell Fete”