Benny (Bananaman) Greyhound 01.09.17 Gatwick Area

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Benny (Bananaman) Greyhound 01.09.17 Gatwick Area

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
bennyDSCF2316a.jpg
Benny's Story: Benny is an ex-Racing Greyhound who hasn't lived in a home before but should adapt well due to his attentive intelligence and receptive demeanour. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place. Benny is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Benny was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
benny2DSCF2220.jpg
benny3DSCF2234.jpg
bennytiff1DSCF2243a.jpg
bennytiff2DSCF2251a.jpg
bennytiff3DSCF2254.jpg
benny1DSCF2228a.jpg
Benny's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were asked to help Benny and Tiff . They were paired for a week before coming to share a room at the kennels.

Benny arrived in our Rescue on the 21st May 2021
anne

Re: Benny (Bananaman) Greyhound 01.09.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Benny is a gentle, affectionate soul. He is a little nervous at the moment but we can hopefully make him feel safe and loved while he is looking for his home. After doing his photoshoot with his kennel friend, Tiff, I walked them both together and they we so easy going and in tune with each other. Lovely, lovely boy. love4.gif
benny4DSCF2239.jpg
bennytiff4DSCF2244.jpg
bennytiff5DSCF2248a.jpg
bennytiff6DSCF2250.jpg
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

He is gorgeous :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

I walked Benny earlier this week. He was a lovely gentle dog and walked calmly and easily with Tiff. He didn’t seemed bothered about running in the paddock and ignored the ball, preferring to have a sniff around.
heleny

Post by heleny »

Today Benny and I went out with Lynda and Basil - little and large the dogs were and both were very comfortable in each other's presence. Benny is such a lovely dog - gracious and gentle. Hopefully he will find his own sofa soon.
Kjma03

Post by Kjma03 »

During my first supported walk on Friday I had the pleasure of walking Benny. He is such a well-behaved and friendly dog, waiting patiently and staying very still for me putting on his harness and leads and walking so gently with no pulling on his leads throughout the entire walk. He seemed fascinated by the smell of the treats bag but didn't actually want any of the treats themselves (clearly need better treats!). He did spy some squirrels during the walk but didn't try to chase them merely stopping and watching them intensely. This is my first experience walking a grey hound and I was really surprised by just how gentle, relaxed and calm he was during the whole walk including with the squirrels and birds in the woodland. He is fantastic!
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Benny is a dream dog. He see squirrels and cats and walks on by. He is the easiest dog on the lead and is fabulous around other dogs. A cool dude.

Today he moved in with Ethel who is quite closed down in the kennel environment and I have taken Benny into meet her regularly. Today they moved into a bigger kennel to share. Benny's coming and goings will be very carefully managed as we don't want Ethel to escape but are hoping we can manage her exits from the kennel into paddock in time once their bond has developed.
EthelBenny.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

Such a lovely thing to have done. I so agree Benny is a dream dog - I save his walk until I have walked some terriers as it is so relaxing to walk with him by my side. It will be great for Benny and Ethel to have each other for company.
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

How lovely that Benny has moved in with Ethel. He really is Mr Cool. He worked his magic with Trudy today on a walk - he has such a calm and gentle presence which really helped Trudy as she walked beautifully alongside him. Benny is a lovely boy who will hopefully help Ethel feel a little more relaxed :crossfingers.gif:
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

k2727.gif love is in the air for Ethel ! Benny is a dude , lovely !

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”