Ruby (Trudi) Lurcher DofB 06.07.18 Rickmansworth

Dogs that have found their forever home
KathrynG

Re: Trudy Lurcher DofB 06.07.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by KathrynG »

Had the pleasure of walking Trudy on Sunday and she really makes me laugh, especially her goofy zoomies in the paddock. She's just so full of joy when she runs. Its amazing the speed she can run that's she's able to come to a sudden stand-still!
Out on her walk we followed Stan and she walked so nicely with loose leads and was rarely phased by anything apart from a couple of little surprise barks when we saw Trevor out with April. Playful, friendly girl with the biggest smile. love4.gif
20210418_130901_opt.jpg
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

I've walked Trudy a few times now and I have to admit to being a little smitten with her, she's such a lovely, friendly girl.
As Lady's kennel buddy Ace had been rehomed, Emma and I thought Lady would like some company on her walk and figured her and Trudy would be the perfect pairing. We were so right - they walked beautifully alongside eachother on Sunday, nice and calmly, like they'd known one another for years.
As it was quite warm, we stopped at the stream and Trudy bless her was very excited by the water and attempted a water zoomie whilst Lady calmly watched from the bank. It didnt last long fortunately but it was funny to witness.
Trudy is generally calm on a walk, but occasionally will have a little bark at a passing dog but she does it whilst wagging her tail - I think its just her saying hello!
Gorgeous and goofy, already looking forward to Sundays walk! Kiss of love.gif x
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

I walked Trudy for the first time this morning. She was a bit nervous and vocal at first, but she settled down as soon as we left her kennel. She walked really well on the lead, never pulling. When we got to the first stile, she decided to go under it, which I thought was very funny. She did actually fit, believe it or not! She then decided to jump over the second stile, much more convenient!
IMG_20210428_145721s.jpg
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

I took Trudy for a lovely walk today. Very easy to put her harness on and walked calmly by my side. Regularly checked in with me and a good sit rewarded with treats. Quite happy to stop now and again to accept a bit of fuss. Joe
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

Two days in a row for me and Trudy. We had to wait a bit while the other two dogs were collected to complete our three dog caravan and Trudy was getting quite impatient. Once walking she gave me a clear indication that she would have loved to have a run but there is no way I could keep up with her so she had to settle for a brisk walk. We stopped for a drink and she waded into ankle deep water and then jumped up, pirouetting and loving life. That made me laugh. We met a few dog walkers on the way and Trudy was a bit vocal but not in a bad way; I’m sure she was just saying “hi, do you want to play?”. On the way back a short lead on her harness and loose lead on her collar meant she walked by my side very nicely without pulling and she went back in her kennel without incident. Joe
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

Gorgeous Trudy is a delight to walk and I am truly smitten with her. Shes always excitable in her kennel but it's just pure eagerness to go out for a walk. We walked alongside her new friend Lady again with David and it was such a relaxing walk, loose leads all the way. She did have a little bark when we passed another group of dogs along the way, but I think it's her way of saying hello and she's so easy to move on. Back at the kennels and into the paddock for some joyful zoomies and cuddles. Kiss of love.gif
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Trudy was much more relaxed today when I went to get her. She was really affectionate. Once out she was keen to get more cuddles from Chris too – and to leave the kennels. Once in the woods, she decided that she hadn’t had enough cuddles and literally sat down on the path with Chris and showered him with licks. And then she was happy to walk about – always on loose leads.
As she was full of beans, we decided to take her to the paddock and … wow! The happiest dog ever! She did a few laps at super speed and then she decided that she was tired and came over for more fuss. I hope she finds her forever home soon.
:dog_running-186.gif:
IMG_20210505_172620s.jpg
IMG_20210505_172523s.jpg
IMG_20210505_172452s.jpg
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

I had much the same experience as Mon&Chris with Trudy today. She ran round the paddock a few times chasing a ball but also responded really well to “here” and pointing to the ground at my feet. She charged up towards me and an open palm made her slide to a halt in front of me. “Sit” reinforced with a hand signal was rewarded with a treat. She has really good discipline and was best on the walk when in front of the other two dogs we were with. A short lead on her harness makes her a joy to walk and I let her zoomie in the river again. She is so affectionate as this breed can be and leans in for cuddles. Taking treats she has really soft lips and is so nice to be around. Joe
RosC

Post by RosC »

Trudy on her walk yesterday with Jack.
Screenshot_20210508-185218_Gallery~2_resize_84.jpg
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Trudy was a bit anxious in the kennels this morning and needed extra cuddles and reassurance to be able to leave. We decided to take her to the paddock first – what a great idea! She loved zooming around the paddock, with or without a ball. She then decided it was time for cuddles and we gave her loads. And then we were able to take her for a nice chilled walk in the woods.
She’s such a beautiful cuddly and soft girl!
IMG20210512101117small.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”