Luna (Lady) Retired Greyhound DofB 18.05.17 Horsham

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Luna (Lady) Retired Greyhound DofB 18.05.17 Horsham

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
lady1DSCF1683b.jpg
Lady's Story: Lady is a newly retired Greyhound Racer. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place. Lady is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Lady was in to boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
lady2DSCF1694.jpg
lady3DSCF1701.jpg
ladyace1DSCF1683a.jpg
ladyace2DSCF1670.jpg
ladyace3DSCF1677a.jpg
Lady's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We requested to save 2 more Ex Racer Greyhounds. Lady & Ace came into our care

They come to us 18th March 2021
Sarahk

Re: Lady Retired Greyhound DofB 18.05.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

I walked Lady (lilac harness) today accompanied by her kennel buddy Ace (red harness), they seem very close and connected and are both utterly gorgeous and gentle love4.gif
Their coats are so so soft and strokeable and they both love to lean in close, they make your heart sing woo.gif]

Today they enjoyed a lovely relaxed walk together and also accompanied by Baxter who was delighted to be joined by some other lookalikies :D
AE42A4D1-81C0-40AC-96D2-50B87C7225CB.jpeg
4B87125B-F277-44E9-9C9B-BC624D89E25C.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

ladyace4DSCF1688.jpg
RosC

Post by RosC »

Having met the beautiful Lady and Ace yesterday I was lucky enough to take them out for the day today.
They are both so gentle and kind natured, very pleased for a fuss and some attention and they walk so nicely by your side.
First stop was at home where they enjoyed a quick game of ball in the garden before heading out on a walk.
Lady is in lilac
Lady is in lilac
We travelled in the car to my Dad's and they settled down on the back seat straight away and I didn't hear a peep out of them for the whole journey.
On arrival they had a tour of the garden before coming indoors. We didn't have any accidents inside all day. They met my Dad very gently and were very well behaved indoors.
20210321_151223.jpg
After exploring the house they laid down and settled for a quick snooze.
20210321_124727_resize_76.jpg
I cannot fault either of these lovely dogs, they settled really well. When we were preparing lunch they did do a bit of counter surfing so need a little training in that area but were very good when told to get down so I don't think it would take long for them to learn what they are allowed to do. Other than that they behaved perfectly.
It would be lovely if they were homed together and as walking them is so easy why not have 2! 0002.gif]
Again on the way home they settled down without a fuss for the journey round the M25.
Love, love, love this pair love4.gif
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Lady is a super girl and gave me the most wonderful greeting with lots of licks, a wagging tail and lots of cuddles. She’s very affectionate and definitely very attached to Ace as they were nuzzling each other gently, as well as me and Mon for attention. She’s very easy to get the harness on and excited to walk. Like most sight hounds she’s keenly aware of any movement and when we were in the woods her ears pricked up and suddenly she was 100% focused on some deer she spotted. It was easy to distract her though and off we went in the opposite direction with Ace and Mon leading the way. We met a couple of off-lead dogs and she was very well behaved (as was Ace) and let them pass without any fuss. With greyhounds, it can sometimes take time for their personalties to shine through, but both Lady and Ace have got lots of charisma already, walk really well together and have got a lot of love to give the right home. They are a wonderful pair of dogs!
20210324_165354s.jpg
20210324_120217 small.jpg
RosC

Post by RosC »

Another good walk with Lady, Ace and Tommy this morning. We were passed by horses, joggers, other dog walkers and families and Lady was very well behaved, totally uninterested in anyone else!
Lady saw a couple of dogs running off lead in a nearby field and did have a little prancing interest. Such an easy girl to walk.
She is such a gentle, friendly, beautiful girl who really deserves a happy home following her retirement from racing to enjoy the best years of her life in with a family who will give her all the love and affection she has missed thumbs.gif
RosC

Post by RosC »

Lady with a man on each side, Tommy and Ace thumbs.gif
20210327_114208.jpg
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Ace and Lady were very welcoming when we entered their room. First things first, though – lots of cuddles! Then off we went for a nice walk in the woods. They walk very close to each other and, being sight hounds, they’re very interested in anything that moves. They are easily distracted though and are happy to continue on their walks. We stopped a few times along the way to give them extra cuddles and reassurance.
We hope they find a home very very soon! :crossfingers.gif:
EmmaT

Post by EmmaT »

This pair are just so adorable and loving is not true. Typical greyhounds they are gentle sweet souls who are a pleasure to be around. They are so happy to see you its so heartening. Lady and Kathryn with Ace and me were treated to a long stroll in the Sunday sunshine. Both walk so beautifully on the lead it sooo relaxing being out with them. We walked through the fields which meant negotiating some stiles which was slighlty comical as Lady wasnt keen. Gallant as he is Ace would go first to encourage her through. Ace seems to look after Lady watching whats around spotting movement in the distance. Lady is smaller than Ace but a little more outgoing and playful. They share treats with no squabbles and Lady seems to get the bigger share.
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Ace and Lady were very welcoming as usual this morning. Before leaving their room, they wanted lots of cuddles and then off we went for a long walk in the woods. They are so easy to walk!
Lady wasn’t keen on stiles, as it was previously mentioned, so I helped her out, paw after paw and she was happy to take my help. And she did the second stile nearly all by herself. Ace just jumped over them, very agilely and waited patiently for Lady. I sometimes felt like I was walking both dogs, as Lady would sometimes pull up in between me and Ace. They’re a super pair!
20210407_153846s.jpg
20210407_101551s.jpg
20210407_101547s.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”