Anna Greyhound DofB 23.09.17 Chessington

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Anna Greyhound DofB 23.09.17 Chessington

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
anna1DSC09163a.jpg
Anna's Story: Ex racing Greyhound ..race name Madabout Anna. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue. Anna is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Anna was in boarding kennels near Gatwick and now in foster with 2 other lurchers and older children whilst awaiting her new family.
• Adjusted to family life and home living
• Needs other dog in her life as draws confidence
• Knows her own kind
• Dances on sight of squirrels etc on walks so need awareness to manage hold on lead
• Lounger indoors not too much of a scrounger
• Successfully transited into home living

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
anna2DSC09159.jpg
anna3DSC09156.jpg
anna55BE04D08-0BFE-463F-96C2-6236A7DBB46F.jpeg.jpg
anna405AE88E7-7089-4FF4-8CA8-2D2A4FDA0C48.jpeg.jpg
Anna's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We have been asked to help an ex racing greyhound

Anna comes 13th February 2020
anne

Re: Anna Greyhound DofB 09.17 Oxted W/E Spay recovery

Post by anne »

Anna is a lucky girl, spending the weekend in foster with Auntie Sarah
AnnaaIMG_9348.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

She’s a sweetheart Anne - lovely gentle girl but very shy and reserved right now, and nervous of sudden noises and movements, well she’s got a lot of adapting to do, life gets rosier from here on in lovely lady love4.gif
766F04F4-A6F2-4159-A874-7C548F22C644.jpeg
04DA364C-5D51-4068-B447-4070A22EB14B.jpeg
9E458182-0C85-482C-B213-C9D8009C4AE8.jpeg

Anna has let me stroke her and is slowly step by step getting a little braver :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Anna is still reticent of my touch but we're taking things nice and slowly and she does follow me when I go into the kitchen from the lounge and vice versa - a step forward from last night :D)
She has a very good appetite and enjoyed her breakfast and dinner thumbs.gif
Anna has proved her housetraining, no accidents at all inside - she slept downstairs in her doggie bed in the lounge last night and was such a good girl all night, I came down to her at 7.30 and we went outside to the garden. She remains a little stumped by the threshold to my back door, but if I pop her lead on she happily comes inside with me, just not ready yet to do that by herself yet - we'll work up to it at her pace thumbs.gif
She met Buster who was out with Anne today and a short walk with him across a field space, both very good in each others company - she's a little nervy of all the sights and sounds of everyday life so does need your support and I she seemed to enjoy the handsome Buster's company (he is rather fabulous, who wouldn't !) love4.gif
In the garden this afternoon she found half a tennis ball and had a little hop skip and jump, lovely to have little moments like that love4.gif

Anna is a very gentile lass and a real beauty - just look at those stunning brown eyes - wow love4.gif
DSC09164.JPG
DSC09160.JPG
A stunner all round ...
DSC09156.JPG
DSC09155.JPG
Sweet sweet girl, we'll build you confidence baby xxx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Anna came in from the garden all by herself this morning - through the scary doorway - I watched her from the kitchen window, I was making her brekkie to encourage her and it took her several tries before she got the courage to come right in but she did it, well done Anna thumbs.gif

Bless a pidgeon flew out of a hedge in the garden and she jumped out her skin !
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Sweet girl, she didn't find the courage to come in by herself again today, I've had to help her !
Anna is demonstrating just how lazy greyhounds can be, she's loving snoozing and i hope it's doing her recovery good love4.gif
DSC09165.JPG
DSC09166.JPG
DSC09167.JPG
DSC09169.JPG
Heart fill with love.gif]
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Anna looking very demure love4.gif
A91A13FD-00B7-44DA-AE5C-5A4501CC4C50.jpeg
Annnnddddd sleep ... !!!
504A799A-9BF6-422F-BE61-05938D0B44C8.jpeg

Anna enjoying the garden - sudden rustles of leaves or birds in the hedge make her nervous and she gets spooked easily - thankfully at the moment that doesn’t include flight in terms of running away.
4C8645B1-436A-408A-A9F9-BD1DE960C2B0.jpeg
37015776-275B-4BC1-BC8C-C71AC911871B.jpeg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

We did get out on our first walk this morning thumbs.gif
I put on her harness and made sure it was a very snug fit as conscious she can try and fight against the lead which risks her slipping out of her harness.
5B0F3378-286C-4CC0-95F3-2F7F71039444.jpeg
Test no.1 was cars passing by on the road outside my house - Anna passed :D
She seems used to traffic noise and was calm as the cars went by - we did the short walk as it was our first outing - so up the quiet road just around the corner from me - that went well and 2 joggers passed us on the road and again, we’ll done Anna, no reaction thumbs.gif
E388ED28-06FB-4AF2-9042-9080C787DF54.jpeg
On the next quiet road there were a few cars which meant we had to get off the road onto the grass verges, sometimes Anna cooperated well, other times the tension in the lead as I tried to guide her made her pull back and put her on edge - that’s when you need to be aware and very careful in case it happens whilst you’re on a pavement with a busy road.

On a local building site there were some cones on the road connected by tape - that was flapping in the wind and it was the scariest thing Anna had ever seen/heard, bless xxx

Back home safely but madam didn’t want to go in through the front door - I’ve got a side alleyway so we went through to the back garden that way and after a bit of time in the garden with my support on lead she went onward through the back door.
Well an adventure like that meant Anna was a tired girl and she did what greyhounds do very well at - snoozing ! Always alert to my every movement though so still far from properly relaxed.

See here how Anna is so hesitant at the doorway - as I say above, I’ve had to pop her lead on this afternoon to help her come inside - she’ll lower herself down to a lying position as I go to put her lead on and then once lead clipped on she’ll stand up and walk beside you :D

This evening for bedtime wee’s Anna managed the door threshold all by herself again woo.gif] all progress is good progress when building up Anna’s confidence.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

More cute snoozing ...
FA519F6C-9BBD-4A6F-8480-40A80E603A6E.jpeg
6D13EAF1-178C-43E5-B1AF-C14E8F298027.jpeg

Anna isn’t keen when I hold up my mobile to take her photo - here she is looking at me!
F5943EB3-5C38-4BB9-AC61-EF8FC5F061B8.jpeg

And earlier this evening - I lay on the floor beside her and she’s now very accepting of gentle touch...
5ADF1848-7D7B-4785-9F60-A5D4ED369AB5.jpeg
Kiss of love.gif
jan&nick

Re: Anna Greyhound DofB 09.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by jan&nick »

we walked anna for the first time yesterday and we were met with a few early nerves as she visably shakes before going out for a walk in the big bad world but once out of her kennel she started to realize its not quite so bad out there and we soon met up with logan which also cheered anna up and i think gave her some confidence we stopped at the car for much appreciated fresh ham which both caught easily not a morsel hitting the ground and off for a v good natured walk its nice when two dogs gel so early on a walk (we were lucky all three pairs we walked got on so well yesterday) we eventually ended up at the stream where anna wanted to go down and look at the water but once we got up close she had second thoughts and decided not to dip her toes in and coming back thru the woods a squirrel had the temerity to stand in our path which was all to much for the usually calm anna and she almost did a back flip trying to get to it as it circled round behind us while logan just stood there mildly amused then back to her kennel and the nerves kicked back in but hopefully will disappear after a while - overall a sweet shy greyhound whose confidence needs a little building up
IMG_5401.JPG
IMG_5381.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”