Maddie Greyhound DofB Sept 14 Doddington Cambs

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Maddie Greyhound DofB Sept 14 Doddington Cambs

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
maddie1DSCF9635a.jpg
Maddie's Story: Maddie is an ex racing greyhound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place. Maddie is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Maddie had a dental with 18 teeth removed on entry. Maddie was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
maddie2DSCF9640.jpg
maddie3DSCF9636.jpg
maddie4DSCF9645.jpg
B+M1DSCF9622a.jpg
Maddie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 04.09.19 Hello its Joe. Brilliant too see Zarin and Kazzie have a home together. We have a lovely boy Billy an a black girl Maddie. Lovely pair let me know if you could help . Thanks Jo

Maddie comes in on the 17th September 19
MaddieGrey.jpg

xxlynne

Re: Maddie Greyhound DofB Sept 14 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Lovely Maddie has arrived. She was spayed today and had to have 18 teeth removed. She is sleeping it off tonight in our care.

anne

Re: Maddie Greyhound DofB Sept 14 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Maddie and her partner, Billy, are delightful, friendly, gentle characters. Louise and I fell in love with their wonderful personalities as we walked with them this morning. Very easy dogs who walk so nicely on the lead, taking time to sniff and explore as they go.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
maddie5DSCF9641.jpg
maddie6DSCF9646.jpg
maddie7DSCF9644.jpg
B+M2DSCF9621a.jpg
B+M3DSCF9627a.jpg

Beccastj

Re: Maddie Greyhound DofB Sept 14 Guildford Kenns

Post by Beccastj »

C9F933E0-C455-49CB-8E11-51CB2EF271F4.jpeg
Maddie (left in the pic) and Billy are such a lovely pair of greyhounds. They loved chasing after the ball together in the paddock and seem to get on so well together. Easy to walk, gentle, affectionate- a great duo.

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Took Maddie and Billy to the paddock for a play and then into The Hut for a little explore, and to see what they are little "indoors". Both had a little explore around, and Billy jumped on the sofa, whereas Maddie wasn't sure. Maybe she's never been allowed up on one before [cry.gif]

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Gb00354

Post by Gb00354 »

Screenshot_20191101_144318.jpg
Screenshot_20191101_144325.jpg
We had the pleasure of fostering lovely Maddie for a week. She is a typical calm greyhound with a kind and gentle nature and loves to be cuddled and stroked whenever she can be. She loves the company of people but has no issue of being left alone in a room - she took a keen interest in the corner spot of the sofa and made it her own (See attached pic). Maddie is really polite when you're preparing her food and is such an easy dog to walk, she seems very unphased by other dogs and is happy to just walk/trot along beside you.
We weren't sure whether she'd be house trained or not but we had no issues at all with this during the week - she whined in the morning to be let out to go to the toilet.
Maddie is a very easy, loving dog who I'm sure would be the most loving companion for someone.

mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

I walked Maddie for the first time on Sunday and Fiona had Billy, what a lovely pair of dogs these two are. Everything about them was really easy, they walk like a dream both by your side. Maddie did prick her ears up when she spotted a squirrel but still behaved perfectly. I thought Billy was a bit more confident of the two, Maddie seemed a bit more aloof but still a happy friendly girl. Easiest walk I have ever had! Please let them find a home before the winter sets in. :crossfingers.gif:

FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely walk with Maddie and her mate Billy today. We mooched along the river where Maddie was very interested in a jogger with a spaniel. She looked like she fancied joining in but didn’t actually do anything. Both dogs enjoyed having a leisurely sniff and are just so good on the lead.
72804C17-20D3-470A-B1BF-FBF63EC0688D.jpeg

FJB

Post by FJB »

I took Maddie and her kennel companion Billy out for a walk two days this week and (in a first for me) I walked them together (using a waist belt/lead). They both behaved impeccably and walked incredibly well together. My biggest worry was ending up in a big tangled mess but I needn't have worried! I only had to unravel jumbled up leads a couple of times when one of them decided they fancied walking the other side of me (and even then they both stood patiently waiting for me to sort it all out).

What can I tell you about Maddie? She's clearly very happy to see you when you into her kennel (but less bouncy and slightly more reticent than Billy). She is incredibly easy to harness and unharness and when out walking she likes to walk ahead of Billy and to wander from side to side of the path having a good sniff and investigating what's going on. She loves a cuddle, ear scratches and treats (which she takes super gently).

When we were out on Friday we saw a deer but other than watching with interest, a bit of whining and then staring longingly where the deer had disappeared in the woods she didn't react. I was really pleasantly surprised as I had a split second image of going through the underbrush behind her and Billy.

Back at the kennels she is easy to unharness, pop her coat on and give ear scratches and lots of cuddles too.

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

I had the extreme pleasure of walking Maddie alongside Billy and his walker. What a beautiful girl. She loved all the smells and walked so gently loves a cuddle and ear scratches galore whilst walking. She loved walking with her Billy a gorgeous duo. We went towards loseley then off to the walk near the farm. Maddie looked longingly at the vast fields you could see her imagining running madly around them. I chatted to her all the time telling her one day .......

Maddie along with Billy are gentle souls wasted in kennels please please forever home be round the corner. Xxx hugs gentle girl xxx love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”