Baxter Greyhound Lurcher DofB ?2015 Netherend Glos

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Baxter Greyhound Lurcher DofB ?2015 Netherend Glos

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Baxter1DSC07718.JPG
Baxter' Story: Baxter was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place. Baxter is a lovely Lurcher. We think he has been used for hunting, as he has a few battle scars and very alert to small furries. He has a lovely temperament, is great with people, and seems fine with other dogs. Baxter is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Baxter was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
baxter2DSC07738.JPG
baxter 3DSC07714.JPG
baxter4DSC07706.JPG
Baxter' progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Feb 2019: Baxter, lovely bull Lurcher, we think has been used for hunting as he had a few battle scars. Lovely temperament, great with people and seems fine with other dogs. West Wales Poundies Lx
Baxter.jpg
Sarahk

Re: Baxter Lurcher DofB ?2015 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely to welcome Baxter today, super boy with oh so amazing ears !!! love4.gif
DSC07726.JPG
DSC07723.JPG
DSC07713.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Samsam

Post by Samsam »

I walked Baxter today. He is a lovely boy and is good on a lead and with other dogs.
Judy

Post by Judy »

Baxter is such a lovely boy and was very welcoming when I met him for the first time this afternoon. He was a little unsure which way he should go when getting him out the kennel block but once we were outside he did little excited leaps showing his pleasure at being out and about. He is very alert and interested in everything going on around him. He doesn't pull and walks at a good pace stopping for a sniff once in a while. When we returned to his kennel he waited patiently for me to give him his sausage treats. I shall certainly look forward to walking Baxter again. love4.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Baxter travelled to our vets this afternoon for a check over and 1st vaccination. He also chipped him though we had to muzzle him as he was behaving like a Lurcher 'meowing' bless.

He was very happy being my front passenger...I stopped to buy a few things some reduced scotch eggs which I e=intended to share with all the dogs in the car when we got back to the kennels and some quorn cocktail sausages. They were in sealed packets. I went into the vets and when I came back to take him in he was smiling with 2 empty packets on the floor. He had every reason to be pleased with himself.
Sarahk

Re: Baxter Greyhound Lurcher DofB ?2015 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Love a cheeky Lurcher 0002.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Judy

Post by Judy »

I took Baxter out again this afternoon, he was keen to be going out. Baxter is a typical greyhound lurcher, he is very alert and doesn't miss seeing anything that moves. He walks at a good pace and enjoys stopping on occasions to sniff the new smells, one smell in particular led to him having a good roll around on his back, luckily it appeared to be just a smell and not anything nasty!! He really is a lovely boy with a fantastic temperament and I do hope that he won't remain in kennels for too long. Heart fill with love.gif]
Judy

Post by Judy »

Another great walk with Baxter this afternoon. Shortly after leaving the kennel block we passed by another dog being walked which Baxter seemed to get anxious about as it was barking at him but he soon settled down once we had got past it. We met a lady out walking on her own, she stopped to talk and to make a fuss of Baxter, she commented on what a lovely dog he is. Baxter stood quietly enjoying the attention, another dog walker passed by this time Baxter didn't take any notice at all. This gorgeous boy really does have a lovely temperament and affectionate nature. I hope he will not remain in kennels for too long. k2727.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

I had my Baxter fix again this afternoon, this gorgeous boy always lifts my spirits. He enjoyed stopping once in a while to sniff the new smells. When we reached a grassy stretch along the path Baxter enjoyed a good roll and wriggle around on his back, with such long legs they kept getting muddled up in the leads not that this bothered him at all as we soon got them untangled so he could carry on his way. Such a fantastic boy. :smiley-chores002.gif:
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

20190222_150004_resized.jpg
20190222_150008_resized.jpg
I fell in love with this gorgeous, handsome boy last week ... Baxter showed his appreciation of the Rescue Remedies love to a new walker on our first meeting. Such a cuddly boy - he leans in close and looks up with adoring eyes. We had a super relaxed walk, Baxter is so polite... he passed cars and noise - his initial hesitation soon behind him, Baxter is very happy to trust his humans. I do hope someone comes forward quickly for this loving lad. Baxter buried his head into my neck as we returned to kennels and was very happy to be hugged. Sofa surfing & super snuggles with this boy would be simply the best! :smiley-bounce016.gi:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”