Lady Retired Greyhound DofB 18.05.17 Gatwick Kenns

Beccastj

Re: Lady Retired Greyhound DofB 18.05.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Beccastj »

I had a lovely walk with Lady and Ace today. Lady loved chasing balls in the paddock afterwards - Ace was less bothered about the ball and far more interested in treats. They are a pleasure to take out.
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

I've been walking Lady alongside Ace and Emma for the past few weeks and we both feel lucky to walk this lovely pair. Walking them is such a calm and relaxing experience and they're just not phased by anything ( other than possibly the odd squirrel!)
Lady is the more playful of the two and she enjoyed a little zoomie around the paddock on Sunday before we took them out. Like most greyhounds, they're both treat hoovers but there's never any squabbling.
I really hope her home is around the corner but until then I will continue to look foward to my Sunday stroll with this lovely elegant lady and her best mate Ace love4.gif
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

Lady enjoyed chasing a ball in the paddock today.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Another fantastic walk with Ace and Lady. These two are great on the leads and walk at a comfortable pace. Chris and I went on a nice long walk with them through the woods. On previous walks, Ace was very much the calm leader but today Lady was keen to eagerly be at the head of the pack and it was great to see her confidence growing. Ace also let Lady go first through the stiles this morning and she was able to jump over them very elegantly with ease, so they’re learning fast. The trick is not to pause too much (which we did do the first time!) but just keep going at the stiles and they gladly hop over. They take directions really well and are extremely affectionate.
They are an awesome duo!
20210414_152547s.jpg
20210414_152533s.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Ace and Lady walked with Baxter today - they do look a very elegant bunch together with all those long legs and slender body’s !
ECEFC810-70D3-490F-A119-ED15EDCE3C83.jpeg

Lady got a bit flustered at the style on the bridge, Ace had no problems leaping over and came back to give Lady some encouragement- that and a sausage helped and Lady made it safely but it did cause a traffic jam on the bridge !!!
926BBB50-0260-436D-B5CB-25994E57AEBB.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Rpage1

Post by Rpage1 »

Hehe 😅, that's me on the bridge trying to coax Lady over the style! I wonder why she feels a bit shy to go over it?
Ace was trying to encourage Lady over the style- mostly by eating her sausages (when Lady thought Ace might eat her one she jumped over the style like a pro before he could get to it 😄!)
Other than the 'bridge jam' 😂 I had a lovely, relaxed walk with Lady. She has such a gentle nature. She is an absolute gem.
It was so nice to see her bond with Ace. Lady likes to walk up alongside Ace, or slightly in front. When we made a short stop, Lady rested her head on Ace's neck ☺️ which made me smile. He was quite happy for her to do so, what a true gent!
I couldn't believe they aren't siblings as they look so similar. It would be wonderful for them to stay together and, as they are so relaxed together, it would be easy to take them both!
A beautiful pair- a Gentleman and Gentle Lady !!
EmmaT

Post by EmmaT »

Sunday with Lady. Lady is now without her lovely Ace so we decided to walk her with lovely Trudy. The two girls we perfect companions. They were relaxed in each others company and shared the adventure of going down to the river. trudy was more excited. Lady had a little look and decided to watch from the bank. Lady is such a sweet creature and hopefully will find a sofa soon which she deserves.
Attachments
Trudy deciding if she likes water with Lady watching from afar
Trudy deciding if she likes water with Lady watching from afar
Lady on the river bank.
Lady on the river bank.
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Lady was very keen to go out this morning and, after a quick cuddle, off we went for a nice long walk. She walked very well on the lead and she did an amazing job of jumping over the stiles. Such a clever girl! We then took her to the paddock where she had a fantastic run around and played fetch with lots of tennis balls. Here are a couple of action shots.
IMG_20210428_145537s.jpg
IMG_20210428_145609s.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I sat with Lady while she was in the paddock on Saturday. She really is just gorgeous. So gentle, sweet natured and likes cuddles and a fuss. Being with her is just so relaxing!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Lady always gives the best welcome! She was super affectionate and keen to get going. Once out, she was great on the lead. She’s still very alert to squirrels, but she’s much less keen to start chasing them around. We crossed an offlead dog and she was easily detoured and didn’t pay too much attention to it.
Lady loves running and cuddles and being with people!
Attachments
IMG_20210505_172315s.jpg

Return to “Our Lovely Lurchers & Greyhounds (Rescueremedies.co.uk)”