Chelsey Shep. Lurcher DofB 05.07.16 Gatwick Kenns

Broomstick

Re: Chelsey Shep. Lurcher DofB 05.07.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Broomstick »

Dear Chelsey what a gem you are, you always make me laugh and after a good run in the paddock you are a much easier walk, although you are always on squirrel watch. Chelsey is getting quite good at leaving the tennis ball so that it can be thrown again, although there is still a bit of work to do. She is a very affectionate girl and loves to lean in for a cuddle when you get down to her level. I think Chelsey will be a very loyal companion given the right home and gentle people who will love her as much as her walkers do. :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi:
chloe_stockwell

Post by chloe_stockwell »

A perfect walk with Chelsey last week 🥰

I cant believe no one has snapped her up yet, she's such fun and so loving, she would be a great addition to someone's home ❤
20201024_121415_opt.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Chelsey time the other week love4.gif
4F81C8B8-88E0-4159-8C87-6CF751179565.jpeg

And those ears on squirrel duty !!!
B611E76E-F7CA-476F-B9C4-46E7F93BB672.jpeg
Such a beauty xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
RosC

Post by RosC »

Chelsey has come to stay a couple of times over the last couple of weeks. She has been so good and an absolute joy to have as a visitor. She was initially jumpy and very alert to every noise and movement on the first afternoon / evening. However, we were mindful not to appear suddenly or make lots of noise and she soon settled and after a nights sleep on a comfy bed she was feeling at home. On the second visit she couldn't wait to get inside and was at home from the offset.
Chelsey is totally housetrained and is in no rush to get you up in the morning to go outside thumbs.gif Visit one and the dog bed didn't last long and I admit I was worried about the soft furnishings but since then we she's been well behaved and the sofas , cushions and beds have not been touched! Can't say the same for some of the 'indestructable' toys she has pulled apart 0002.gif]
Chelsey is not clingy and is happy to take herself off and sit on the sofa in the front room whilst dinner is cooked or you are doing something. She has been very polite around food and doesn't bother you when eating although she does sit there patiently waiting for something to drop off the table.
Lots of games of ball and tug of war have been enjoyed and she has quite energetic moments particularly in the afternoon and after breakfast. The rest of the time she is calm, relaxed and very cuddly. Loves pottering around in the garden if you are out there.
Out on her walks she has been very excitable around both dogs in the main but also some people. She can be like this at the kennels but I think as everything has been new and exciting this behaviour has been exaggerated and I am sure that she will settle back down once familiar with the surroundings.
This weekend she spent some time telling people off who walked up the road if they had a dog with them but we have had other foster dogs who do this initially and then get used to seeing all the comings and goings and quieten down.
Chelsey will need a confident experienced home but she is such a loving, cheerful dog who just wants to have people around her to love and who will love her too. She will need time to settle in the first few days in a new environment and not too many visitors until she is feeling at home.
We have enjoyed having her to stay and I'm sure she will visit again if her new family haven't come along by then.
She has been in kennels far too long and has led quite a sheltered life particularly in the first year or so, and didn't experience what she should have done when growing up so she needs a new family who will help her continue to gain her confidence in people and her surroundings.
Pictures to follow.
RosC

Post by RosC »

Some pics of the gorgeous girl enjoying her time out love4.gif
20201123_204303.jpg
IMG-20201124-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20201124-WA0002.jpg
20201127_204126.jpg
20201129_164908.jpg

Return to “Our Lovely Lurchers & Greyhounds (Rescueremedies.co.uk)”