Anna Greyhound DofB 09.17 Caterham Temp Foster

ali12345

Re: Anna Greyhound DofB 09.17 Caterham Temp Foster

Post by ali12345 »

anna4.jpg
Anna had a lovely walk through the woods today. She is happy with standard greyhound 20 minute walks but will do much more if you offer. She is only a youngster and still has lots she wants to see and do in the new world she is beginning to explore. Like many sighthounds she hasn't yet learned that she can't give chase to local wildlife when she is on a lead. It is usually a process they go through and just requires some time until they adjust and extra caution holding on securely looking out for squirrels deer and rabbits. But greyhounds are more than happy on a lead as that is what they know. Lead walking is so much easier to keep connection with your dog and enjoy the experience together. Gives you a real break from your phone too so you don't lose focus on your time out together.

ali12345

Post by ali12345 »

Anna is such a cheeky girl. She is gaining confidence around us all the time. Yesterday I was getting myself ready for a 'home gym' session and chatting to my husband. Waving my hands about with my gym socks in them. Anna was so excited she grabbed one of them before i could react and ran off into the garden with her prize. My daughter who did have shoes on and wasn't barefoot like me, ran off after her and retrieved a soggy but intact sock. Anna is learning all the fun to be had in a home and one lucky family will get to discover a real character greyhound as she develops.
Photo from Ali (1)_opt.jpg

ali12345

Post by ali12345 »

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Anna is a lovely friendly girl when she gets to know her people. Anna loves life and is trying her best to settle in a new and strange world. She does play with toys a little when we are there but like many greyhounds she mostly plays unseen - we know she does as half the toys have ended up behind the fire guard where she has thrown them in the air :biggrin.gif:

ali12345

Post by ali12345 »

Anna says good morning all. Like most greyhounds she loves her bed. Had a lovely walk this morning and is now resting but had to roll around and smile for the camera :)
20200529_093857_opt.jpg

ali12345

Post by ali12345 »

Just a little update on Anna as she has been with us here in foster for a little while now.
Anna is a perfect house guest and has been house trained since the first day or two. She loves her toys and beds and doesn't chew anything else. Although she will run off with your sock if you wave it about :) She is interested in everything that is going on and will check out what you are doing She loves to go in the garden and chase away the squirrels and rabbits. When the rabbits get to the other side of the fence though she doesn't obsess and gives up when she knows they are safe. Now ignores the neighbour's chickens right next to the fence.
On walks Anna is not one for stopping and sniffing and mostly wants to get on with it. She gets more excited by wildlife on walks then in the garden and needs a steady hand to calm her when a rabbit shoots out on the path 6 feet away. My daughter and her partner have been walking her on her own and she has been great meeting other dogs out and about. Usually in the mornings we walk our 2 with her. We can't take her on walks longer than an hour more than once a week because we have a partially disabled dog who tire easily. So Anna is happy with short walks but she would also love to go on long walks and adventures so long as it isn't sweltering hot.
Anna has not tried to go on the furniture and is happy with the comfy dog beds. Anna is more confident, like many dogs, around women. But she is getting more accepting of fuss from the male members of the household especially those who walk her. Anna gets politely jealous of any fuss the others get and will push her way forward. On her own though she is more shy and will take longer to be comfortable without a good role model companion to learn from. She gets on well with our male and female dogs. Anna is happy to be in a room on her own particularly in her favourite bed in the living room but other times she joins our boy Ivor who follows me about. Anna is first up when we get up from the sofa and is always ready to get going and have some fun.
Anna's weight is stable but she may always be on the lean side even for a greyhound. She eats well though and will happily share bowls with the others. She takes food from your hand ever so nicely without snatching.
Anna is still on the nervous side but improves all the time as she gets to trust those around her more. She is easy to handle and will allow careful handling of all her feet and ears. The whole family have fallen a little bit in love with her and will be sad to see her go but we are so looking forward to seeing her progress into her new home and new life with all that offers. She is on temporary foster with us as I can only walk 2 dogs myself and need help with a third. Hoping she will find a lovely new home before she has to go back to kennels.

Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

How lovely to read of Anna's progress! So happy that she's having such a great time learning and growing in confidence in your care. love4.gif thumbs.gif

ali12345

Post by ali12345 »

Anna getting comfy in the typical greyhound way
ANNABED (2).jpg
Anna is growing in confidence. She loves her walks and trips in the garden and like most greyhounds loves her bed. She gets on particularly well with our other greyhound girl. Anna's confidence around men is growing slowly but she can still spook a little around men. Earlier my daughter took her for a lovely walk to the park which was great but she was a bit worried near our house by all the dads doing school pick-up as we live next door to a school and she had to meet them on a narrow pavement. Anna is a lively and engaging little greyhound when she knows you - a cheeky girl. Anna can't resist fuss if you are making a fuss of one of the other dogs she will come straight over for her share.

violaparkinson

Post by violaparkinson »

Very beautiful, I really love it.

Return to “Our Lovely Lurchers & Greyhounds (Rescueremedies.co.uk)”