Re: Rory Lurcher DofB ?10.18 Guildford Kenns

Post by Jojo18 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:52 pm

rps20191008_175152_602.jpg

Maika

Post by Maika » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:15 pm

Meet gorgeous Rory! love4.gif
Rory_1_opt.png
This smashing 1 year old pup is looking for a hooman family to come forward to finally offer him his much-needed forever home. Quite understandably, Rory is a little bewildered and stressed by kennel life because he is still only a little baba who really should not even be here.
Rory_2_opt.png
I met Rory for the first time today and once he comes out of his shell, he is such a sweet boy who longs for nothing more than a cuddle and to be close to you. We went out for a nice quiet walk in the countryside but rather than try and find all the interesting smells Rory just walked up to me and, as I bent down to him, he simply lay his head on my shoulder and stayed perfectly still so we had a cuddle and a little impromptu ear and neck scratch.
bighug.gif
Rory just wants to feel safe and loved so if you feel you may be able to help Rory please consider him for adoption.
Rory_3_opt.png
Rory_4_opt.png
Rory_5_opt.png

LindaS

Post by LindaS » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:24 pm

Wow! Rory is a sweetie, excited hello when I went into the kennel and I took my time to harness him (whilst Rory was trying to alleviate me of all my dog treats). Once out past the main road he gave lovely lean ins for scratches. Princess and his walker caught us up, as we weren't going that fast and Rory didn't mind another dog following, but we thought best to let Princess get on with her walk and have her 1:1 so we then went a different way, Rory cried as he wanted to carry on walking with her... bit of distraction and he was off happy again. Can't sing his praises enough. He's still figuring out some things in the world (the horses up close to the gate made him jump) very connected to his walker and lovely colouring.
Rory.jpg

Daviddogwalk

Post by Daviddogwalk » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:05 pm

5D5024BD-7D3A-4754-9F0B-981E6BE0B4DC.jpeg
What a gentle chap Rory is and yet so bouncy. Out walking and Rory is good on the lead and looks back for reassurance if you ask his name. I found Rory a little nervous out and about but not with people nor dogs, just the excitement of being out. So we sat at the lock and he nestled in for a few minutes at the start of our walk. I found that Rory will sit - for treats of course... a very professional sit. And back at kennels he loves to lean in for minutes at a time. Very peaceful vibe. Rory is a class act.

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:50 pm

First time walking this boyo. Oh my goodness, what a star and so easy. Love him.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

ektaylor

Post by ektaylor » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:19 pm

I knew I was in for a treat when I asked to walk Rory with Genie today. Rory is fantastic with other doggos. He walked so well with Genie today and we did lots of parallel walking too. A little cockerpoo type sneaked up behind us whilst Genie and Rach were navigating two off lead black labs. Rory was such a good boy and waited by my side as I asked the owner to pop her dog on a lead.

I would imagine, with the correct introductions and taking things slowly, that Rory would be able to live with another dog, or certainly have doggo friends in his life.

He is also VERY CUDDLY. Every time Genie stopped for a sniff, Rory went straight into my leg leaning against me loving the back rubs.

Rory is such a lovely boy. Doesn't pull on the lead, easy to manage, treat orientated and knows sit well (which for a Lurcher is saying something!). I think he would make a fab little running partner and a great sofa companion.
Rory waiting patiently as Genie checks up on us from in front
Rory waiting patiently as Genie checks up on us from in front

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:48 pm

Rory found a bone to chomp on in the hut today. He was very happy woo.gif]
IMG_20191120_132904-800x600.jpg

LindaS

Post by LindaS » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:40 pm

Rory walked with Ferdy the other week, he loves walking with other RR dogs and is very happy to follow. Very easy boy
Rory.jpg

LindaS

Post by LindaS » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:24 pm

I set off on the walk with Rory last week, only to have it rain throughout our walk, but Rory was sooo endearing. We stopped under a tree and he soon figured out if he came in close and I leaned over /stroked him, he didn’t get that wet thumbs.gif. We stayed there till the rain got a bit lighter and then carried on our little walk. Very very easy boy and back at the kennels he let me dry him throughly down. I was very impressed at how much he wanted a good dry down as usually treats are important when back at kennel. love4.gif

NatalieMW

Post by NatalieMW » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:01 pm

My first walk and I couldn't have asked for a sweeter dog. Rory was excited to see me and enjoyed his hello cuddles, he sat well for treats and let me harness him without any fuss. Rory was a joy to walk, he doesn't pull on the lead, he wasn't bothered when I went the wrong way and had to retrace our steps - more than once :dog_running-186.gif:
Rory is such a good calm boy, he loves cuddles and kisses and so deserves a lovely home.

Return to “Our Lovely Lurchers & Greyhounds (Rescueremedies.co.uk)”