Big Toby Ambulldog DofB 21.10.17 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Big Toby Ambulldog DofB 21.10.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
bigtoby1DSCF5811a.jpg
Big Toby's Story: Big Toby grew up with an elderly owner who couldn't manage his size when he reached his maturity. He rehomed to a lad who apparently lived alone, however was called to collect him as he had bitten (once one a woman's hand). On arrival there were 7 people present and according to him they were treating Big Toby like a toy. The original owner was forced to surrender Big Toby into kennels. Big Toby didn't show any aggression in kennels and was a firm favourite with volunteers. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Big Toby will be neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Big Toby is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
bigtoby2DSCF5818.jpg
bigtoby3DSCF5793.jpg
bigtoby4DSCF5814.jpg
bigtoby5DSCF5802.jpg
bigtoby6DSCF5794.jpg
Big Toby's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Please can you help Big Toby, 2 years old Not neut Not cat friendly Ok with other dogs just try’s to humps everything. This boy was being PTS because he pulled his owner over!! He is a very big dog. He is really worth saving. Mx
TonyAMB1.jpg

anne

Re: Big Toby Ambulldog DofB 21.10.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Big Toby although big and strong is a very gentle, friendly, soppy boy. He loves cuddles and clearly adores James who brought him into the paddock to meet me yesterday.
bigtoby7DSCF5789.jpg
bigtoby8DSCF5804.jpg
bigtoby9DSCF5806.jpg
bigtoby10DSCF5810.jpg

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

F623F440-49DB-4224-8D4C-D426C389C7FF.jpeg
I met and walked Big Toby on Sunday. I fed him treats through his kennel throughout the morning so he’d know I was friendly then took him for a walk. He was quite shy and overwhelmed by his new circumstances but he enjoyed his walk. Showed his cheeky side when I went to put him back - put the brakes on and point blank refused so I took him to the paddock. He had a little mooch around, calm as a cucumber. Two other walkers helped me cajole him along back to his kennel with the help of tasty treats. I look forward to walking him again this Sunday - he’s a lovely boy. Xx

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

April and I decided to take Big Toby for a long walk (safe distance apart), to see how he was with life outside the kennels. Toby does not need two walkers......it’s just April and I both like him so we shared him. Well, Big Toby excelled himself on our walk. Paid no attention to cyclists, joggers, people, pushchairs. He pulled a little when he saw other dogs but very easily managed - he showed no aggression what so ever and certainly didn’t use his size to his advantage. He was a very chilled, easy boy to walk. After ten minutes, his energy was zapped - all we had was a big, soppy plodder at the end of the lead. Xx
90ECBC90-04A6-47BB-A9B7-E7A7B8F484A3.jpeg
4C4E7A89-95CA-496F-962A-A8E92247E6CF.jpeg

SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I just has to pop in for a cuddle with big Toby yesterday when picking up another dog. He seems a very calm boy who seems quite shy but soon enjoyed some fuss and of course some sausages! love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

We had a lovely walk with Big Toby today. He is such a gentle giant who is so eager to please and be loved. On entering his kennel I received a lovely wiggly welcome and so we had a quick cuddle before harnessing up and heading out. Once out Toby was keen to show off how well he walks on loose leads, just taking in the smells through the woods. Toby is very much a plodder and happily ambles round looking at his walker adoringly, just lapping up the attention. Nothing seems to phase this lad and he waits patiently when you have to stand to the side to let walkers, cyclists past. The only thing Toby finds rather exciting are other dogs and he will try to go towards them. However a nice no and come on and he’s easily persuaded to carry on walking. I should say there is no aggression towards other dogs just curiosity.

Toby really is just a happy, laid back boy who is hoping his forever humans will find him very soon.

Stevesmj

Post by Stevesmj »

Big Toby what a nice boy. Wants to be near. I found him very calming.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
:dog_running-186.gif:

SarahW

Post by SarahW »

O know what you mean Steve. Toby is so calming to be around. I ended up walking further than I planned to as I didn't want my time with him to end. He walks to heel or even behind just gently plodding along. He feels young but in a quiet unassuming way. He is utterly wonderful. I can't wait for this boy to find his forever home. He is going to make someone very happy. Until then he will make ever volunteer who walks him very happy. love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif

Just look at his heart-shaped nose! Kiss of love.gif

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

April111

Post by April111 »

I haven't been able to walk Big Toby in weeks as he has a firm following and is getting many walks- which isn't really a complaint.
Big T warmly greets me (in his dignified, steely eyed manner) from his kennel whenever i stop by and say hello.
Hope we find him a home soon.

Stevesmj

Post by Stevesmj »

Big Toby can see the walkers looking at the walking board from his kennel. He never fails to attract attention so off out we went, landing in the paddock for some ball play. He's a good lad.
:smiley-bounce016.gi:

:dog_running-186.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”