Rodney Ambull x Staffie DofB 01.01.16 Small Dole W Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
EmmaNicole

Re: Rodney Ambull x Staffie DofB 01.01.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by EmmaNicole »

I finally got my chance to take Rodney out today only to find that Rodney had other ideas as he really wasn’t feeling the idea of going for a walk and kept wanting to return to base. After trying all my tricks to tempt him down the lane to no avail I thought I’d try a different tack and take him to the paddock instead. Luckily Rodney seemed to think this was a great idea and after I managed to coax him through the big puddle over the gate he seemed very happy to be able to stretch his legs. Rodney loves a tennis ball and even though he would have preferred less mud he was so happy to get the opportunity to chase a ball. Rodney is such a polite dog. He brings the ball back and happily drops it for you to throw it again. Rodney also loves a good old cuddle and snuggles in so he can make the most of a bit of love.

Poor Rodney is really struggling in kennels and is finding it rather overwhelming. If you think you could help Rodney out by offering him a forever sofa then please get filling in those applications. He would be ever so grateful.
More ball throwing please
More ball throwing please
SarahMc

Post by SarahMc »

Oh Rodney. He is becoming a sad boy in kennels and it is so horrible to see. When I first started walking him a few months ago, we’d be off around Smallfield but now I struggle to get him off site :(
I took him into the paddock after trying to go down the lane. Rodney had a little run around after the ball but soon went and stood by the gate. I made a fuss of him and then took him back to his kennel.

Rodney is such a gentle boy and I really hope he gets homed soon :crossfingers.gif:
ElayneN

Post by ElayneN »

Had a lovely happy greeting from Rodney on Friday, all tail wags and cuddles. And though he was keen to leave his kennel, once we reached the gates he tried to turn back. This happened last week when I walked him, but last time after tempting him with treats down the lane he'd suddenly turned his thoughts forward and was keen for the walk, more like the Rodney I'd started walking in November.

But this time he was more reluctant and though we made it just about beyond the end of the lane and along the verge of the road, with many treats as incentive, he became more reluctant. I didn't want to push him so we headed back. So sad to see this usually enthusiastic boy desperate to get back to his kennels. I think it's maybe a combo of the stress of being in kennels, as he is such a timid and sensitive boy, plus all the very soggy mud which you have to get through this rainy winter before getting to the pavements - Rodney is not a fan of mud! And also the noise of the traffic as he does seem very sensitive to the noise of passing cars, it worries him.

On the way back down the lane he seemed so relieved, such a shame to see an opportunity for time out of kennels go to waste. So as we passed my car parked in the lane, I opened up the back where Rodney happily hopped up, had a good sniff around then plonked himself next to me for cuddles for a while bighug.gif

Oh Rodney, it's surely your time for a new forever home. What a sweet, handsome, gentle, puppyish, eager to please, lovable lump you are - what an incredibly lucky family your chosen ones will be when they come for you Kiss of love.gif
Rodney car small (2).JPG
Ladylou

Post by Ladylou »

Reading about Rodney reminds me of our Arnold. Really hope he gets a home soon. Xxxx
Orla

Post by Orla »

Rodney came for a walk with new walker Tania and me today. He’s a lovely boy who is very welcoming in his kennel and enjoys his walks in fits and starts - a few treats help him along! He’s a bit sad and subdued at the moment so I hope that he gets some more time out of kennels with his biggest fan Elayne and his forever home comes soon
ElayneN

Post by ElayneN »

The lovely Rodney came for an overnight break - hoping some cosy home comforts will give him a confidence boost, away from the hype of kennels. The last two weeks he's been reluctant to leave kennels for a walk, so when we got to our first stop, a local recreation ground, it was a big joy to see him happily leap out of the car and go exploring. Rodney was so full of bounce again, sniffing everywhere to pick up the local gossip :dog-115.gif:

A friend joined us with her very affable dog Sunny, and we parallel walked them for best part of an hour. Rodney was perfectly at ease, happy to catch the odd treat from under Sunny’s nose, and not at all troubled if Sunny got to it first (that’s not gonna happen often, Rodney is a very hungry boy!). Squirrels taunted him from every tree, but he didn’t seem bothered or else he didn’t notice…

At home, Rodney investigated, especially every corner of the kitchen (!) and made himself at home on the sofa like he’d always lived here. He welcomed every member of the family like long lost cousins, but calmly and gently – he’s such a polite dog with the best house guest manners! He wolfed down some dinner, and hopped straight up onto the sofa for cuddles, plonking himself across my lap. He has the most endearing way of shuffling right up close, then pushing his nose under your armpit to get himself a cuddle lol! Rodney loves a belly rub and snuggles almost as much as he loves food and playing.

It was fantastic to see the stresses of kennel life slipping away from him by the second. Rodney’s had some bad times in his past life, but at some point he’s been trained – he knows sit, paw, other paw, down, wait. He was getting the idea of ‘drop’ very quickly with the encouragement of some ham chunks… He’s very conscientious and went out for his toilet breaks every time, good boy Rodney bravo1.gif

Having the run of the garden was pure joy to him, playing with a tennis ball, bounding after it and dropping it back at my feet for more. Rodney’s a very silent dog, except for gentle snoring as he hogged my bed overnight, curling up in the crook of my knees. He didn’t even bother barking at the postman or anyone else who entered the house, just gentle curiosity and a warm welcome.

He’s quite clumsy and goofy like a gangly over-sized puppy, he was my shadow everywhere in the house and kept treading on the backs of my flip flops with his big paws…

He’s so excited when you get ready to go for a walk and puts his head through his harness to dress himself lol.gif

I wonder if Rodney has been quite sheltered from some of the outside world, which would maybe explain his timidity with passing traffic. We walked around the town and he was seemed astonished at the shops, wanted to go inside every doorway, and investigated his reflection in the windows. The noise and bustle, and cooking smells seemed to be very exciting and maybe a little over stimulating for him. He’s a real crowd puller, so many people stopped to make a fuss of him. Rodney took it alI in his stride.

He really has the cutest baby face, with his black markings around his nose making him look even more teddy bear like, and those brown ears… so adorable! This gorgeous handsome hunk didn’t put a paw wrong once. He was polite and respectful, despite being very hungry and super focused on food, he didn’t overstep the mark and once I let him know my dinner was for me, not him, he went to lay down while I ate.

Love this boy, he belongs in a warm home with love and family comforts. Anyone looking for a big lovable cuddle monster who’s calm, friendly, gentle, well trained and eager to please, get your application in - it could be the best thing you ever did Kiss of love.gif
Rodney lead smaller.jpg
So handsome!
Rodney curled up (2).JPG
And relax... safe and snuggled up on sofa
Super relaxed and lovin sofa life!
Rodney relaxed (2).JPG
Rodney paw (2).JPG
Paw please Rodney!
Orla

Post by Orla »

What a fabulous write up on Rodney, Elayne. He’s a lovely boy who deserves love and comfort. Fingers crossed 🤞
SarahMc

Re: Rodney Ambull x Staffie DofB 01.01.16 Sleepover Worcester Park

Post by SarahMc »

Ahh I’m so pleased Rodneys sleepover was a success! He’s such a lovely, gentle boy who would make a great companion.
coffeepot12

Post by coffeepot12 »

When we saw that Rodney was a bit sad in kennels we wanted to give him a night break and see if we could cheer him up.

Rodney is the most loveable gentle giant, he travelled really well in the car and was good At home. Rodney is fully house trained, no accidents and really made the most of being out bagging a comfy spot on the sofa lying with whoever was there. love4.gif
B7C7144D-9B3B-422D-9FDF-2A5A49CA1E27.jpeg
Despite his size Rodney was very gentle with my two girls who are 8 and 10 and sat well when there was food and gave his paws for a treat. He was happy to be stroked, have his belly rubbed and generally be made a fuss of.

We decided to take Rodney to the beach today, he likes to walk at a pace and is strong on the lead but manageable. He enjoyed the new sights and smells, having a good sniff and taking an interest in everything around him, he was so good.
FA5892B0-1114-4E7E-8671-5687EFBFD153.jpeg
He enjoyed climbing to the top of the hill and surveying the scene as well as walking across all of the pebbles on the beach.
58D612E8-E7C8-45D6-80BD-4FFC8FEFD086.jpeg
Rodney is such a sweetheart with the most wonderful temperament. Please do consider giving this gentle giant a spot on your sofa he will bring you so much joy.
SarahMc

Post by SarahMc »

Loving seeing Rodneys trip to the beach thumbs.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”