Beryl Ambull x Staffie DofB ?2010 Farnham

Dogs that have found their forever home
SarahW

Re: Beryl Ambull x Staffie DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

To echo what everyone else has said about Beryl, she is the sweetest dog. She has come on so much in the last week and is starting to know she is safe and that everyone she meets wants to show her love and kindness.

It was my first walk with her on Saturday. She leans against you for strokes and it is one of the most endearing things, letting you know she wants fuss. She is a gentle girl who is relaxing and it is wonderful to see. Everyone who meets her falls for her!

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Jacqui : )

Post by Jacqui : ) »

Dear Beryl, so gentle and patient, let me get to know her today and rays of her sunshine broke through! Waiting silently on her bed she looked sad and subdued, but cautiously got up to meet . I began aiming for a short woodland circuit, but Beryl let me know where she didn't want to go. Calmly rooting herself to a spot with a rueful glance until I realized which way she had in mind. So we moseyed round trying different paths, until she told me she was ready to go back to her kennel. She led me indoors and we stood communing. Beryl accepting more shoulder rubs and kind words, there was no rush, so the leads stayed on and the door open. After a bit Beryl decided she'd like to go out again, so checked out her patio and then led the way to the small paddock. She had a good look round on lead and when satisfied showed us to the gate. Surveying her options led us back into the woods to try that circuit again, making all her own decisions, until she took us back to her kennel for the second time. Again we stood together quietly and do you know what? She decided that another outing was in order! Beryl led us back to the small paddock and this time the leads came off and she kicked up her heels and skipped round the grass. After a few minutes sniffing and investigating freely she went to the gate to show she'd finished. With leads on again she emerged and this time took us to the big paddock where with leads off she was suddenly energised. Galloping up and down, towards me and back full of joy and happiness. Wow! And of her own volition returning for strokes and facetime. Really sweet girl. We hung out until she was ready to leave and as before, chose to go back to her place. It felt like this is a step in her reclaiming her confidence and sheer enjoyment of life. Bagsy I walk her next visit. love4.gif

There's a video, as soon as I can work out how to upload it here. woo.gif]
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

oh Jacqui - what wonderful words. Has brought tears to my eyes in a good way. Dear dear dear Beryl xx love4.gif love4.gif
SarahMc

Post by SarahMc »

1748892C-C524-4DEF-93E8-103641646877.jpeg
Beautiful Beryl!

What a lovely dog. I met Beryl this morning for the first time, she was quite nervous and wasn’t too sure of going for a walk, she kept trying to go back to her kennel. After some encouragement and a few treats she led me to the paddock. I let her off the lead and after a few minutes of sniffing around, she was having a run around and the odd bark!

She let me stroke her and give her a cuddle which was lovely.

Here's the video at last!  This is only half of her celebration as I was slow getting my act together with the phone, but gives some idea of the light that Beryl's had to keep to herself.
Here comes the sun, Little Darlin'; goodbye grey skies. Kiss of love.gif
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Absolutely Fabulous Heart fill with love.gif] :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: bravo1.gif

Beryl and I met again yesterday and she showed me her landmarks of interest, including checking inside the shower room (which was open) twice. She stopped to look, her tail went up and began a wag as we passed her neighbours and she wasn't in the least bothered by their barking. In fact it seemed like she wants to meet and play. Even so, she let me guide her away gently. From there she led us to the little paddock and just as the leads were off inside we realized an excitable dog was already in the big one next door, so we had to cut short which dear girly accepted. Instead we tried a paddock on the other side, which was partly flooded. Beryl waded a bit doubtfully through the mire at the gate and then began checking out the space. At intervals she came up for a cuddle and then resumed her investigations. When I play-bowed and called her, she took the invitation up and we did bit of running around together. Not as fun as a proper doggy pal I suspect, but good enough! In the drive Beryl showed spontaneous interest in and liking for a couple of people. And when a car door opened her nose was straight into the footwell, like she was keen to get in. A few minutes later, she found the boot of a 4x4 was open so she stood up to have a good sniff and look. And stretching as tall as she could, it wasn't long before she was trying to get on board. No problems gently dissuading her obviously, this is Beryl we're talking about! 😉

Beryl is discovering that she's allowed time to be herself and to make choices. It's great to see her playfulness is coming out, but doesn't involve cats! A curious but calm sniff round the door of the cat's lodgings while he was in bed showed Beryl to be unreactive, even to a 'go away' hiss and we moved on.
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Amazing updates on Beryl.
I met this lovely girl yesterday and she is so very beautiful with the kindest, most gentle nature Kiss of love.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”