Beryl Ambull x Staffie DofB ?2010 Guildford Kenns

xxlynne

Beryl Ambull x Staffie DofB ?2010 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:23 pm

Current Status: Available
beryl1DSCF1252a.jpg
Beryl's Story: Beryl was handed into a council pound by a relative of the owner who took pity on her whilst owner was away. Owner knew where she was but never cared enough to come forwards on return. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Beryl is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Beryl is in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
beryl2DSCF1265.jpg
beryl3DSCF1233.jpg
beryl4DSCF1260a.jpg
beryl5DSCF1254.jpg
Beryl's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 14.10.19: Hi Lynne I know you were full I confess I’ve been very manic NEVER HAD SO MANY AT RISK DOGS Beryl has been chipped and done first vacc. So she is 9-10 (estimated) this is her info: Come into us as a stray turns out handed in by owner's sister whilst she was away (Felt sorry for her), either way spoke to them and they have not come forward. Wondered if you could help finding her a rescue? Not tolerant at being over handled. Doesn't really show any emotions at all, "reported" to have been growling at the 'finders' children, but given them lying to the wardens we don't know whether that is true, we wouldn't trust her around children though, we think she's advanced in age but can't really assess her yet, because she's not keen on being over handled, looks like she's been left outside a lot, pressure sores on her elbows and knees. She had known no love in her life she doesn’t understand any affection she’s heartbreaking to see state of her. She’s more Ambull size than staffie. She’s friendly enough being walked doesn’t seem to mind the other dogs either. She is now urgent Cathy
Beryl1.jpeg
Beryl.jpeg
Beryl3.jpeg

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Comes Oct 19

Julieh

Re: Beryl Ambull x Staffie DofB ?2010 Comes this week

Post by Julieh » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:24 pm

Heartbreaking 😔poor little girl. Thank God for RR, only love from now on . Praying she’ll find a home very soon

SarahW

Re: Beryl Ambull x Staffie DofB ?2010 Comes this week

Post by SarahW » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:17 pm

Thanks Lynne for saving Beryl. There will be plenty at RR showing her the kindness she obviously hasn't had.
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

xxlynne

Re: Beryl Ambull x Staffie DofB ?2010 Comes Thursday 31st

Post by xxlynne » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:06 pm

Darling Beryl is coming into our care on the 31st October

Weebs

Re: Beryl Ambull x Staffie DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Weebs » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:07 pm

I have a new favourite. They are obviously all my favourites but BERYL is something special. FABULOUS dog. Quite nervous and shy but with a bit of chicken she was won over. A lovely lovely gentle walk - we had to stick to pavements as she had been spayed on Friday so wanted to keep her undercarriage as clean as possible. So light on the lead. Not too responsive to her name being called but she looks back at you (with somewhat sad bewildered eyes at the moment) for reassurance that you're still there. We got back and I sat in her pen and she came and sat very close to me to gently take more pieces of chicken from me. I everso slowly started stroking her and scratching up and down her back and she seemed to really appreciate it. Slowly slowly and gently is the key to this wonderful wonderful older girlie. love4.gif love4.gif

anne

Post by anne » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:33 pm

Darling Beryl. She obviously has not had a lot of love and care in her life but despite that, she has retained a kind and gentle nature. She stood quietly and accepting while I adjusted her harness and seemed happy to be going out. She is subdued but with a gentle, kind approach she was willing to make friends with both Louise and I. We walked down the road with Skyla and I think Beryl would have liked to make friends with Skyla as she kept gravitating towards her. Skyla likes to have a bit of space and Beryl respected that though.
beryl6DSCF1244.jpg
beryl7DSCF1253.jpg

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:51 pm

Every so often there is a dog that breaks my heart. Beryl was that dog today. I sat in her kennel with her and she just looked at me from her bed. We made friends and I could tell she was a beautiful, beautiful soul who just needs some love. She came on a walk with me but didn't want to go too far. She let me stroke her neck and shoulders and soon her head was in my lap, getting heavier and she was leaning into me. Beryl seems a broken dog but her nature is sweet and soon she will come out of her shell when she knows she is loved. I loved her and wish I could take her home.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Orla

Post by Orla » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:13 pm

Beryl is indeed a darling. As Elliesmum has said, she does seem broken and really didn’t want to come out of her kennel. We did eventually have a little walk but she kept turning back and really didn’t want to go far. She’s a very gentle dog and one that you just want to reassure that it will all be ok and she can relax now. Beautiful soul

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:15 am

Could beryl live with other dogs

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:19 pm

What a difference a week makes! Beryl was pleased to see me again and didn't show any nerves today. She was much more outgoing and wagged her tail on her walk. Beautifully behaved, walked on a loose lead by my side, and breaks my heart the way she looks up at me with those eyes then snuggles in for a cuddle. Beryl is very affectionate and loving, a very sweet natured girl, she really is gorgeous. She met all other dogs well, and said hello to a few people. She looks a bit nervous at first, meeting someone new, but quickly responds to a treat or a kind word. Beryl absolutely adores being talked to and lots of praise, I could see her soaking it up and she responds with leaning in, and stretching her head up so you can rub her neck. Very gentle, good natured dog, she has my heart, and when she looks up at me with those eyes.....
IRS20191117_141141.jpg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Return to “Our Amazing American Bulldogs (Ambulldogrescue.co.uk)”