Sammy AmBull DofB 06.05.09 - 14th February 24

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Sammy AmBull DofB 06.05.09 - 14th February 24

Post by xxlynne »

sammy1DSCF5660.jpg
Sammy (2).jpg
Sammy's Story: Sammy was found abandoned and unclaimed within a North London council pound. Sammy's chip tracked him to Birmingham in 2011 age unknown, so we have guessed him to be around 10 years old. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Sammy is now neutered and fully vaccinated. Sammy was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.
Current Status: Homed
If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
sammy2DSCF5649.jpg
sammy3DSCF5659.jpg
sammy4DSCF5665.jpg
sammy5DSCF5671.jpg
Sammy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We have been asked to help Sammy when kennels were closing.

Sammy came into our Rescue on the 2nd June 2019
SarahW

Re: Sammy AmBull DofB ?2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

Wow Sammy is gorgeous. I got to say hello to him earlier. He was barky at his kennel door but he is just a bit overwhelmed as he had just arrived. I got a lovely feel from him and he took treats from me once he was a bit more relaxed. I am sure he will be a favourite of the walkers.
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Yesterday I had a walk with Sammy. He was much more settled in his kennel and let me clip the lead on and we were off. He doesn't pull on the lead but he is a strong boy.

We then headed for the paddock where he mooched about. He didn't seem interested in balls. He let me give him strokes but is still a tad aloof. He doesn't seemed fazed by the other dogs at the kennel barking when we walked past and coming in or out of his kennel.

I returned to his kennel after and he was very welcoming. He gave me kisses and enjoyed strokes.

He seems like a very chilled out boy and I hope to get the know him better and he is an endearing soul!

SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I had another walk with Sammy earlier and he is starting to come out of his shell. He is great on the lead, just plods along, he is strong but doesn't pull. In the paddock he enjoyed sniffing about. He knows sit and paw. He is not massively food orientated (maybe my treats aren't that good!). He said a very polite hello when we walked passed Boysie's run, as did Boysie. He doesn't seem bothered at all when dogs bark at him from the other kennels.

When I went into his kennel later to change his harness I got a very excited welcome. As I was adjusting his harness Sammy thought it was belly rub time instead and just kept rolling over.

One more vid from him investigating the summerhouse on Tuesday

The rest are from earlier today

anne

Post by anne »

Sammy is certainly settling and is now keen to get out on his walks. He looked into my eyes as I passed this morning and when I stopped to say hello he pawed at his door asking to be taken out. He got his wish when a little later, Laura took him out for a walk. He was not sure about me taking photos of him and was not keen to give eye contact initially and hid behind Laura. He got braver and we had a successful photoshoot and he even took a couple of treats from me. He is a sweetie, just needs to get more confident, which he will do surrounded by the love of everyone at RR.
sammy6DSCF5668.jpg
sammy7DSCF5666.jpg
Jude&Alf

Re: Sammy AmBull DofB 06.05.09 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jude&Alf »

Wow Sammy is a very handsome boy indeed Kiss of love.gif
It was our first time meeting today so we took it nice and steady to begin with, he does enjoy a sausage though, which helped enormously!
Sammy is a big boy and obviously strong but he's an absolute gentleman, no pulling whatsoever, a lovely, lovely boy 😊.
Once we got going and away from kennels Sammy really started to enjoy his walk, he does plod but he's no slouch either. The more we walked the more Sammy's confidence grew, in fact I was very surprised with how chilled he was, taking no notice of things that I know other dogs would have found quite stressy.
Super impressed with Sammy and before I forget he is incredibly handsome with the most fabulous eyes love4.gif love4.gif
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Another lovely walk with Sammy on Saturday. This boy really is super easy. Utterly adorable. Kiss of love.gif

He wasn't sure about a paddle at first but in the end enjoyed a little walk downstream. You get the feeling he really hasn't experienced the world much or is a little nervous of things. These nerves have no edge to them. Gentle coaxing and he goves things a go!

EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Sammy was my last walk of the day and despite it being quite late he was so good when I entered his kennel and just quietly came over to say hi, ok let’s go walk. Sammy is quite a big boy but such a gentle giant who ambles along and stops every now and then for a fuss. It was my first time walking Sammy and I was impressed with how laid back he was. When we got back to the kennels we stopped on the driveway to say a quick hello to Eddie and for some extra fusses before returning to his kennel. We have some amazing gentle giants with us at present and Sammy is definitely one of them. Here’s hoping he won’t be with us much longer as he’d love a home a call his own.

Look into my eyes and see the love.
Look into my eyes and see the love.

046814B1-D336-44BB-B526-5F9DDE1E3074.jpeg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Sammy is such a beautiful gentle giant I cannot resist taking him out for an amble whenever I can. Sammy is so easy to get out as he welcomes you into his kennel and just waits for you to clip on and head out. Sammy can be slightly unsure on his walk and will slow down and lean into you for cuddles and reassurance. He doesn’t seem to be overly keen on the stream though and did nothing but dip one front paw in 😂. I cannot say enough good things about gorgeous Sammy. When we got back from our walk we sat at the picnic table for a little fuss before returning to his kennels and Sammy lapped this up and I think enjoy this ,ore than his walk. Sammy will make an amazing addition to a home and hopefully his forever sofa will come along very soon.

E438F2B4-E07A-44C9-A41E-2D656BC2D48F.jpeg

53C2A83C-A399-4C9C-B022-A448FEFF95F5.jpeg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Sammy the cool dude, being challenged by my houligans

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”