Beryl Ambull x Staffie DofB ?2010 Farnham

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
Jojokate

Re: Beryl Ambull x Staffie DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jojokate »

Lovely to read that Beryl has come out of herself and found enough confidence to be able to let go and enjoy running around in the paddock in that last video.
Well done Gatwick team , she’s a beaut

Lottie.xp

Post by Lottie.xp »

Took the darling Beryl out today for the first time. She had a sniff to make sure I was alright. She accepted my treats, and I clipped on the leads and off we went. She walks well and doesn't pull. She enjoyed being out and about. We had a jogger and their off lead dog, Beryl didn't take any notice, as I moved to the side and made her sit for a treat. She was lovely to walk and look forward to the next one. Such a soft velvety head.

Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

I walked Beryl for the first time today. She was the sweetest and gentlest girl. She’s one of the few dogs that lie in her bed rather than standing at their door. She walks very nicely and ignored ducks, a pheasant and squirrels on our walk. She loves a cuddle and a stroke. One of her ears is obviously damaged, but she doesn’t seem to notice. Here she is sitting very obediently for a treat.
2DF3D313-5B63-4CF1-BD82-0C27069587C1.jpeg
3038FF4A-C28D-4C77-8293-2C71DEBC6773.jpeg

LindaS

Re: Beryl Ambull x Staffie DofB ?2010 Guildford Kenns

Post by LindaS »

I made friends with Beryl on Wednesday and we then went out for a little walk. She was snuggled up in bed with her jacket on when i went in, so i took my time and let her sniff me and then I gently removed her jacket and put her harness on. Once the harness was on she sprung into life and ran to the gate .... realising no leads were attached she game back and got me, with a couple of treats (very gently took) we were off and I let Beryl steer me where she wanted to go. We explored the kennel grounds where she showed me how responsive she was to ‘sit’ then sitting for a long time ... I realised i had to give the command that we were to carry on. We even went into the love hut where she explored and investigated all areas and then just sat alongside for a while while I stoked her soft head. Back at kennels I towelled her dry, again she sat very still and let me gently dry her down.

A gentle older lady who doesn’t ask for much, but will give so much in return.

Elliesmum

Re: Beryl Ambull x Staffie DofB ?2010 Guildford Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

I so love Beryl, fingers crossed sweetheart :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

xxlynne

Re: Beryl Ambull x Staffie DofB ?2010 Farnham

Post by xxlynne »

Mike has been walking at Guildford Kenns and when to came to offering a dog a special Christmas foster he only had eyes for Beryl. Their bond is very special and soon Laura and Sean were witnessing that bond and as a family everyone agreed Mike and Beryl are an item... Congratulations Mike and Beryl you're so good for one another!

SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Oh what wonderful news! I am so pleased for Beryl. Thank you Mike, Laura & Sean. Happy to think of her with her own forever home family. :havefun.gif: :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

laura

Post by laura »

What can I say... I stopped believing in Christmas miracles over 40 years ago, but today I'm not so sure. Beryl was not our choice of dog to offer a foster home to, we love giant breeds 60kgs plus, she was 31kg. We were asked to foster her over Christmas as she was not coping in kennels. We couldn't say no. She was frightened of men, all the men in our home are 6 foot plus! She would have to live with my 6 foot son in our annexe as we had a 68kg dog already in our home. Could this work??? The odds were against us, but we had to try. Rescue remedies had faith in us so we had to believe they knew what they were doing when they asked us to take Beryl. She came to us firstly for just an overnight foster to see how it went. Beryl never went back to her kennel. My 6 foot son adopted her. She went from a frightened dog to a dog that followed him everywhere, A bond was formed. Now 3 weeks later we can't imagine being without her- proving rescue remedies know what they are doing if you leave it up to them to match a dog to you rather than choosing the dog you think you want! Beryl was never the dog we would have chosen but proved to be the dog that was right for us! I can't thank Laura P. enough for asking us to foster Beryl. She is perfect for us. (Beryl, not Laura!!)To anyone looking to adopt a dog please look at the oldies, don't overlook them. Beryl came to us closed down, she now has a zest for life! She is just such a wonderful girl. Not without some baggage to overcome, all rescue dogs come with some baggage, but we will overcome them as a family. Patience, time and love we can offer each other. Thank you RR for giving us Beryl. Heart fill with love.gif]
So happy playing with toys
So happy playing with toys
happy with my 6 foot 7 son!
happy with my 6 foot 7 son!
with Mike,who adopted her!
with Mike,who adopted her!
with my daughter in law
with my daughter in law

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Fantastic news Kiss of love.gif

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Beryl is a softie, she was just scared arriving in kennels. Enjoy your new life sweetheart, we all fell in love with you. bighug.gif Heart fill with love.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”